Trapped in This Story Called Life

It Didn't Work

"Bloody hell!" a voice said. "I know my sister is not sitting on some guy's lap."

I looked toward the door and saw my brother, Jacob. He had dark brown hair that fell into his dark, purple-black eyes. He was the most overprotective person you could ever meet, and for that, I love him. Most of the time. He was a year older than me, in seventh year, and he was also the keeper for Gryffindor. Behind Jacob, were his two best friends, Micheal Corner and Leonardo Daicarp.

Micheal had short, spiky black hair and forest green eyes. He was a chaser for Gryffindor. He was very artistic and loved to paint and draw. Leonardo had shoulder length, blond-brown hair and sky blue eyes. He was a beater for Gryffindor. He was a player with the ladies, just like Sirius.

"Hello Jakey, Mikey, Lenny. What's up?" I asked, casually.

"Don't you "Hello Jakey" me. What do you think you're doing on his lap?" Jacob asked, glaring at James.

"Jacob, there you are. You disappeared and I didn't know where you went."

I knew that annoying voice. I looked behind my brother to see Summer Roberts. Summer had strawberry blond, waist length hair and bluish-green eyes. She was slut, well, in my opinion, who liked to follow my brother around. Summer and I never got off on the right foot.

"Gryffindor!" The hat yelled, two minutes after it was placed on my head.

I quickly took the hat off my head and gave it to the stern looking witch. I ran down the steps and along the Gryffindor table, toward my older brother. I ran up and practically jumped on him as I hugged him.

"I did it, I did it Jakey! I made it into Gryffindor with you!" I said, happily.

"I know, I'm so proud of you." He said as he made room for me to sit. "Let me introduce you to my friends. This is Micheal Corner and Leonardo Daicarp." He said pointing to the two guys in front of us. I gave them a little wave as they smiled at me, and I moved closer to my brother.

"Hello Jacob, how are you?"

I turned and saw a girl, my brother's age, sit down beside him and grab on to his arm. It was clear to me that my brother did not want her hanging off his arm. I looked at Micheal and Leonardo. Micheal was glaring slightly at her and Leonardo was rolling his eyes at her. I guessed it was clear to them as well. I looked back at the girl and my brother. She had this weird look in her eye when she looked at my brother. I didn't like it.

"Oh, and who's this little cutie?" She said, looking at me.

Can someone say fake? Fffffffffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. She reached over and tried to pinch my cheeks, but I slapped her hand away.

"My name is Julia Taylor. I'm Jacob's sister, and if you try to do that again, I will bite it." I said.

"Julia!" My brother scolded me.

"You have quite an attitude on you, as well as a mouth." She said, glaring at me.

"And you have quite a pair of fake boobs on you, because I know, no twelve year old could've develop that much." I said, casually.

"Julia! Apologize right now." My brother said.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry you have to resort to hanging off blokes just so you can get a shag or two in." I said, apologetically.

She huffed. "How dare you! Jacob, you better teach your sister some manners, before her mouth gets her into trouble here." She stood up, glaring at me, then stomped away.

"Julia, why were you so rude to Summer?" Jacob asked.

"I don't like her, Jacob. There's just something about her that seems off."

"Can you at least try and get along with her?"

"I'll try." I said with a sigh. "For you, Jacob."


Needless to say, it didn't work.

"Oh, so this is where you disappeared to." Summer said, when her eyes rested on me.
Merlin I hate her.

"Of course, I always visit my sister on the train." Jacob replied.

"What is your sister doing on the quidditch captain's lap? Oh, I see, so that's how she got on the team." Summer said.

I got up, ready to tear a new face right on her. Merlin knows it would help her. She's just mad because I got the chaser position and she didn't. Not my fault she doesn't have any skills. Micheal grabbed me, holding me back slightly.

"Calm down, she's just trying to get you riled up. Remember, you got the chaser position, she can never get as close to your brother as you are, and you are Jacob's number one priority."

"Summer, you know my sister got that position because she earned it." Jacob said.

"How do I know? I mean, I saw her sitting on Potter's lap, how do I know she wasn't just trying to secure her position?" Summer asked.

"Julia doesn't need to secure her position. She's got more talent in her little finger, than you do in your whole body." James said, standing up.

"If you couldn't tell, these compartments seat six people, currently there are eight people in here which means that two people will have no seats. Julia, who was sitting on James, is one, and Kristy, who is sitting on Camilla, is two. In order to accommodate the eight of us, the two without seats will have to double up." Remus explained as Summer glared at him.

"Jacob!" I cried, burying my head in his chest. Playing the upset little sister role always works. "Jacob? Did I really get the quidditch position only because Kent thought I was pretty?"

"Of course that's not the reason." Jacob said, rubbing my back slightly. "Summer I think you should leave." I turned my head toward her, smirked at her, then turned back into my brother's chest.

I know this is completely off topic, but it was weird. Every time I was around my brother, I smelt grapes. Even though he didn't eat grapes previously or use a grape smelling cologne. I remember when I was five, I called him "Jakey the Grapey".

"What was that Julia?"

"Huh?" I asked, coming out of my thoughts. I pulled my head off of Jacob's chest.

"Did...did you just call Jacob a grape?" Leonardo asked, laughing slightly.

They were not supposed to hear that. "No..." I said slowly.

"Yeah you did, I heard you." Leonardo said.

"Leo, leave my sister alone." Jacob said.

"Aren't the two of you supposed to be at a Prefects meeting?" Micheal asked, looking at Remus and Lily.

Lily smacked her forehead. "That's right, we better go Remus." She said, leaving the compartment with Remus.

"We'll catch up with you later Jul. Try to keep your hands off her James." Jacob said, glaring at James slightly.

Jacob, Micheal and Leonardo waved goodbye and headed back to their compartment. I sat on the other side of the compartment with Camilla and Kristy.

"Padfoot, we need to start planning for our next prank." James said, glancing at Sirius.

"I know Prongs... what are you three whispering about?" Sirius said, looking at us.

"Uh... we were just talking about the probability of the headmaster heeding our request." Camilla said, which was half true.

James looked a little sceptical, but let it slide. Sirius, Peter and himself started whispering to themselves. We went back to our discussion. A few hours later, Lily and Remus came back and the rest of the train ride to Hogwarts was pretty uneventful. After the train ride, we all loaded up into one of the carriages and slowly made our way to Hogwarts. We decided to continue our discussion, with Lily, in the privacy of our dormitory.

"I hate long rides." Kristy commented, exiting the carriage. "They always make your legs fall asleep."

"Aw... my poor Klutz." Camilla said, patting Kristy on the head.

We all headed to the Great Hall, greeting people we knew and slid into our seats at the Gryffindor table. The first years were sorted a few minutes later and we waited for Dumbledore's beginning of the year speech.