Trapped in This Story Called Life

The Birth of the Hogwarts' Nymph

"Look at them." Lily whispered as James waved his wand causing a poor third year to trip.

We were having study time in the Great Hall. Some students were back in their respective houses, while other students were in the library. We were currently watching the Marauders being asses.

"We should do something." Kristy said.

Camilla started chewing on her quill which meant she was thinking. The sounds of books hitting the floor turned our attention to the Marauders. There was a little first year on the ground, his books scattered everywhere, trying very hard not to cry in front of the big boys. I couldn't take any more.

"That does it!"

I stood up and marched over to the fallen boy. "You guys are such prats!" I said, glaring at the Marauders.

I picked up the first year's bag and helped him up. I pulled out my wand and floated his books to where we were sitting. I grabbed his hand and brought him over. I placed the small first year between Kristy and myself. I placed his books on the table and put his bag on the bench beside me. Lily conjured up a box of tissue as he sniffled. I grabbed two tissues and held his face.

"Hey, it's okay little guy." I said, wiping some tears that had fallen.

"I will not cry." He said, shaking his head and sniffling.

"What's your name, sweetie?" Camilla asked.

The little boy blushed a little. "My name is Anthony. Anthony Fox." He said, quietly.

"Aw... he's so cute." Kristy said.

"And so small." Lily said. "What's your favourite ice cream flavour?"

"Chocolate." Anthony said. Lily smiled and conjured up a big bowl of chocolate ice cream. "Th... thank you."

"You don't look like a first year. You look like a seven year old." Camilla said as she watched him eat. "You're devouring that ice cream like a seven year old."

"I guess that's because I'm an only child and I've been spoiled, or maybe it's because I'm so small." Anthony said. "What are your names?"

"My name is Kristy Drew."

"I'm Camilla Jordan."

"My name is Lily Evans."

"And I'm Julia Taylor. Don't worry about those mean guys again. As long as your with us, they won't touch you."

"Yeah, we're going to make you our honorary little brother." Kristy said.

"Really?!" Anthony asked, his big blue eyes shining and his mouth covered in chocolate ice cream.

"Really!" Lily said, reaching over the table and ruffling his short black hair.

"Do you remember when Kristy said we should do something about the Marauders' pranking?" Camilla asked after Anthony had finished his ice cream. We nodded. "Well, I think I have an idea, but we can't talk about it here."

We started to pack our things, but Anthony looked a little confused.

"Anthony, you're a Gryffindor right?" I asked. He nodded. "We're just going up to the tower. Do you want to come?" He nodded again. "Okay, do you want a piggy back?" He nodded again.

"Oh Merlin, you're so adorable." Kristy exclaimed, pinching his cheeks.

Lily picked up Anthony's bag and Camilla picked up his books. I bent down so Anthony could wrap his arms around my neck. He hooked his legs through my arms so he wouldn't fall and we made our way out of the Great Hall. As we started up the stairs, I heard my name being called. We stopped and turned around to meet the Marauders. I felt Anthony grip me a little tighter. I bounced him gently, showing him it was alright.

"What do you four want?" Kristy asked, glaring.

"We wanted to apologize to the little first year." James answered.

"Well?" Camilla asked, expectantly.

"We're sorry for our idiotic behaviour. We were acting like gits and we never meant any harm. We truly are sorry." Remus said sincerely.

I felt my face grow hot and my breath caught in my throat. If he was apologizing to Anthony, why was Remus looking at me so intently? I stepped down one step. I felt Anthony's grip on me loosen and he accepted their apology. I open my mouth to say something, but a voice beat me to it.

"Remus!"

We all turned to see Ashley striding over to our group with two of her friends. "Remus, you promised you'd help me with Arithmancy homework." She said, whining.

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, right." Remus said.

Ashley swaggered over to Remus, turned, and flashed me a smirk. She turned back around, linked arms with Remus and started to pull him into the Great Hall. Ashley's friends turned and followed Ashley. Remus turned his head and mouthed an apology, but I smiled and shook my head. I turned to James, Sirius and Peter.

"We'll see you guys later." I said turning and following Lily, Camilla and Kristy up the stairs.

"Okay, this is what I was thinking." Camilla started after Lily had successfully put a silencing charm on our dormitory. Kristy, Anthony and Lily were sitting on Camilla's bed, well Kristy was lying down and I was sitting on the floor beside the bed. If you're wondering how Anthony got up the stairs to our dormitory, he technically didn't touch the stairs. I was giving him a piggy back, remember? "How about we form a group, dedicated to pranking the Marauders?"

There was a small silence.

"That's a brilliant idea." Kristy said.

"That's an idiotic idea." Lily replied. "Why would you want to intentionally sink down to their level?"

"Lily, think of this as standing up for all the little Anthony's out there." Camilla said, causing Anthony to smile.

"How is pranking suppose to help?" Lily asked, shocked.

"We're not going to prank everyone, just the Marauders. See how they like a taste of their own medicine." Camilla explained.

"I don't know..." Lily said, unsure.

"Please Lil, give it a try. If you don't like it, we'll stop." I reasoned.

Lily sighed. "Alright, but if it seems as if we're going to get expelled, we're stopping immediately."

"This is going to be brilliant." Kristy exclaimed.

"First, we need to come up with a name for this group." Camilla said.

"It can't be anything that will be linked back to us. Meaning nothing to do with Gryffindor." Lily said.

We sat in silence for a while, trying to come up with a name.

"How about the Hogwarts' Angels?" Anthony asked, blushing.

I smiled. "If we're going to be pranking, Anthony, you can't really call us angels, but it was a sweet idea."

"I do like the idea of using Hogwarts because it gives students the illusion that our group could be in any house." Lily said.

"What about the Hogwarts' Lionesses?" Kristy asked.

"Um... Kristy, the symbol for Gryffindor is a lion. Don't you think that gives it away?" Camilla asked.

"Uh... right." Kristy said, scratching the back of her head.

I started nibbling on my bottom lip. We had to come up with a name that describe all four houses, so no one could tell which house we were in. "I got it! How about the Hogwarts' Nymphs? Nymphs are smart, cunning, playful and confident, it fits the description for all the houses."

"I like it, what about you three?" Camilla asked. Lily, Kristy, and Anthony nodded. "Great, then it's decided. The group dedicated to pranking the Marauders, and only the Marauders... well maybe some Slytherins, is here by called the Hogwarts' Nymphs."

"Shouldn't we come up with code names?" Kristy asked. "The guys have code names that they address each other by, but everyone knows they're the Marauders. Shouldn't we have code name that we call each other when we're setting up a prank so no one knows it's us?" We all stared at Kristy, which cause her to blush. "Sorry."

"No Klutz, that's a great idea. You're absolutely right, we do need code names." I said. "Let's have them all start with the same letter. I've always liked the name Sin."

"Ooo, sounds dangerous. I like Seduce." Camilla said. I rolled my eyes.

"Well that's a fine and dandy for you two, but what about me and Lily?" Kristy asked.

"Hm... how about Siren and Secret?" Camilla asked. "You can be Secret and Lily can be Siren."

"That sounds alright." Lily said.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"We send a letter to the guys, warning them that we're tired of them pranking and they should watch where they step from now on." Camilla said.

"...you know , you're kind of scary." Lily said.

"I try."

"Who wants to write it?" I asked.

"Well the guys will probably all recognize our writing... Anthony, could you do it?"

"Me?" Anthony asked, a little shocked.

"Please? They won't recognize your writing." I asked.

He blushed. "Okay."

Lily pulled out a piece of parchment, a quill and ink. "Here you go."

While Anthony started writing, Camilla turned to us. "Now remember, the guys are automatically going to assume it's us. When they start accusing, get mad and throw a fit. Get it?"

"Got it!" We chorused.

"Good. Let the games begin."

"I don't understand, how come she's in Ravenclaw, but she doesn't understand basic Arithmancy? Even I understand it." James said as he walked into the dormitory half an hour after Ashley had pulled Remus away and the girls disappeared into their dormitory.

"Prongs, some subjects are difficult for some students, while the same could be easier for others." Remus explained.

"If you ask me, she seem to be a little too stupid. Like she was forcing herself not to understand." Sirius said, dropping on his bed.

"Why would she do that, Padfoot?" Remus asked.

"Isn't it obvious, Moony? She wants your attention." Sirius replied.

"Why would she-"

Remus was cut off by a peaking at the window. Peter walked over and opened the window, letting in one of the school's owls. The owl landed in front of James and stuck out it's leg. James took the rolled piece of paper and with a hoot, the owl flew out the window.

"What's that Prongs?" Sirius asked.

James shrugged and started to unroll the paper.

"Dear Marauders,

Your idiotic behaviour has co\aught our attention. We have decided to do something about it. Every time you four pull a moronic prank that harms or could potentially harm a student, we'll pull one on you. We just thought we'd give you a warning before hand.

Sincerely yours,

The Hogwarts' Nymphs
"

"What the bloody hell was that about? Nymphs?" Sirius asked.

Remus took the paper from James. "Nymphs. The name nymph comes from the Greek word that means young woman." Remus began. "The Nymphs are female spirits of nature, who through living many years are nevertheless bound to die. Some magical folk, and some muggles believe, however, they were immortal.There are many different kinds of Nymphs, such as Oreads, which are Mountain Nymphs, Dryads, which are the Nymphs of the Oak, Hamadryads, which are the Tree Nymphs, Naiads, which are the Water Nymphs, Meliads, which are the Nymphs of the Ash trees, Heleads, which are the Nymphs of the Fen, and Epimeliads, which are the Nymphs protectors of sheep. The Nymphs were often the nurses of the gods. Such are the cases of Zeus and Dionysus among others."

"Bloody hell Moony, how did you know all that?" Sirius asked.

"I happen to enjoy reading and I pay attention in History of Magic." Remus answered. "Whoever wrote this is extremely smart. Nymphs have qualities from each house, letting us know this person could be from any house. Furthermore, since they've decided to write as little information as possible, I can't tell whether they're being serious or not or if this is one person pretending to be a group or if this really is a group. All I can tell you is that this person or group is female because Nymphs are all female."

"I know who they are. They're four Gryffindor girls who think they could pull a fast one on the Marauders." James said, grabbing the piece of paper and rushing out of the dormitory.

"Prongs, don't do anything irrational!" Remus said as Sirius, Peter and himself chased after James.

We had moved into the common room. Lily was reading a book in front of the fireplace, Camilla was writing something, Kristy was playing wizard chess with a fourth year and I sat on the ground, in front of Lily, trying to help Anthony with his charms homework.

"Alright!" James said, capturing the attention of everyone in the common room.

He jumped down the last few steps and started to look around the common room. He was quickly followed by the rest of the Marauders. James spotted the four of us, but decided to approach me since Anthony and I were the closest.

"The letter was cute, but we know it was you four." James said.

I looked at him confused. "What are you talking about, James?"

"Don't play innocent, we know it was you four." James said, holding out a piece of paper.

I took the paper from James and read it. "Well finally, someone ought to put you four in your place." I said, passing the paper to Lily.

"Come on girls, drop the act."

"James Potter! If you think for a second that I would participate in this idiotic joke, then you are sadly mistaken. And if you think I would let them participate in this childish game, then you must be absolutely mental!" Lily said.

Lily stood up, threw the paper back at James and stomped out of the common room. I applauded in my in my head. That was an award winning performance, Pyro. I turned to James and raised an eyebrow. "Is that enough proof for you?"

"It has to be you guys..." James trailed off.

"What are you writing over there, Camilla?" Peter asked.

Camilla glanced up. "A letter."

"Aha!" Sirius said, jogging over and taking the piece of paper.

"Hey!" Camilla said, standing up.

"Here's the proof. Dear mom and dad Having a brilliant time at school. Term just started...wait a tick, that doesn't sound like a prankster letter." Sirius said.

"That's because it's a letter to my mom and dad, genius." Camilla said, snatching the letter back. "I'll meet you three in the library." Camilla said, looking at me, Kristy and Anthony. She packed up her belongings and left through the portrait.

"Are you guys done?" I asked.

"Prongs, I told you not to do anything irrational." Remus said. "Besides, how could they go to the Owlry and be back here so fast when it takes at least 20 minutes."

"Not unless they take... uh, that path." Peter stuttered.

"Your right, Wormtail, but who'd tell them about the path?" Sirius said, walking back over.

"The point is, it would be impossible." Remus said, changing subject.

I raised an eyebrow at Remus, but he avoided me eyes. Oh, bad boy. I guess Remus wasn't suppose to tell me about that secret passage to the Owlry.

James looked at Sirius, Remus and Peter. "Guys, if it wasn't them, we might have a problem."