Status: on hiatus, sorry =[

Your Voice Could Break the Loudest Silence

The Plot Twist

Image
“Why can’t the police work faster?” I said crawling into Zack’s arms.

“They’re doing the best that they can babe, we just have to be patient.” Zack replied.

“I’m done being patient, Zack. I just want my baby back, it’s been almost two weeks and they still haven’t gotten any word of her.” I reply back angrily.

“You know that you’re not the only one that wants her back, Dani. Everyone wants her back safe, not just you.”

“Well excuse me for wanting my baby back!” I yell at him, leaving our bedroom.

“Look, Dani, I’m sorry. I know that you want Mikayla back, but so does everyone else. We’ll get her back, baby. Don’t worry.” Zack tells me, embracing me in a hug as I cry on his shoulder.

---------------------------------------------

So say hello to all the boys on the top of this table that you’re under
Lipstick lullabies
This is sorry for the last time
And baby I understand that you’re making new friends
This is how you get by
The moral this time is
Girls make boys cry


“Hello?”

“Pier 31. 20 minutes.” With that, who ever called immediately hung up.

“Who was that mommy?” Jacob asks while playing with Monster and Lily.

“I don’t know baby but where is daddy?” I ask as I dial Officer Lambert’s number.

“I’ll go get him upstairs.”

“Hello, Officer Lambert? Meet me and my husband at Pier 31.”

---------------------------------------

“Do you think they’ll show?”

“Obviously they’ll show. This is their baby girl that we’re talking about, dipshit.”

--------------------------------------

“Babe, I think you need to slow down.” Zack says clutching his seat.

“I’ll slow down once we get closer to the pier.” I reply, hearing Zack saying a small prayer for his and my safety.

-------------------------------------

Waves crashed against the shore as people walked along the water’s edge. Seagulls flew above the heads of passerbys. The wind blew gently while the sun was beginning to set. The sight was beautiful but nevertheless, I was more focused on finding Mikayla. The police had yet to come, which worried me even more.

“Where are you Mikayla?” I whisper to myself as Zack and I wait, standing at the very end of the pier.

My fingers eagerly tapped the railing, waiting for some kind of indication of where she may be hidden. Suddenly I heard it, the soft wailing of a baby. Frantically, my eyes darted from side to side, glancing at different people in hopes of finding out if one of them has my child. With no suspicions cast on the random passerbys, I run towards the wailing that I hear. Zack trails behind, confused on what was going on as I run down the pier. Following the wailing, I find myself on the beach running toward a little cabana that someone had left behind. As the wailing gets louder, my legs move faster. The only thought in mind was to find my baby girl and hold her in my arms. With the sound of the baby crying, I rush over to the little cabana and harshly rip the coverings open. Breathing heavily, I sink to my knees and soft sobs begin to take over my body. Sitting in a bundle of blankets was something that I did not want to see. Zack suddenly appeared behind me, wrapping his arms around my shaking frame. I could feel his tears land on my head as we sat there crying.

The police finally showed up. Zack and I had not moved from our spot in front of the cabana. Officer Lambert ran over with a look of hope in his eyes but when he saw us, a look of sorrow overtook his face. Instead of questioning us, he simply went inside of the cabana. When he came out, there it sat in his hands, the tape recorded. The thought of my baby being back in my arms was ripped away when I realized we had been fooled.

----------------------------

“Awww, look at them, they’re crying.” The woman tells the man in a false sad voice.

“That was a really bitchy move. Making them believe that their baby was finally gonna be given back to them, only for them to find out they had been played.”

“At least now we know how desperately they want their baby. I’m thinking we should ask for a ransom. How much do you think?” She asks mischievously.

“Well, a rock star like him must make a lot of money.” He grins, “Half of a million?”

“I say we aim for more.” She smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm shitty and I apologize. I haven't been on in a while, I've been busy with tons of things.
And ever since the World Cup, I've been obsessing (more than usual) about soccer. Especially about the Spanish National Team. A few players in particular, but I do love the entire team.
I'm rambling. I can't promise that I'll be able to update more often though =[

Comments loved.
Peace. Love. Happiness.
- Holly