Status: on hiatus, sorry =[

Your Voice Could Break the Loudest Silence

Questions and No Where Near Getting Answers

Image
It’s been precisely 5 days, 14 hours, 28 minutes and 34 seconds since the incident on the beach. Ever since then, I’ve been nothing but a lifeless being. Sleeping, eating, sitting by the phone and staring at it are all that I’ve done since the incident. The police have followed every possible lead that they could come up with, but have still come to a dead end.

Lately I’ve isolated myself from everyone else. I barely talk to anyone and when I do, I usually cut the conversation short. I’ve shut myself off and I regret ever doing so. I know Jacob is worried about me, he asks Zack about me all the time. I try my best to act somewhat normally around my son, but my smart little boy sees right through it. He sees me in pain and I can tell that he wants nothing more than to take my pain away.

I’ve been going crazy. I’ve thought up every possible scenario, suspect, or reason for someone to take Mikayla away from me. My thoughts have travelled to Sydney, the obsessive ex-girlfriend of Zack, the girl I wanted to seriously hurt at one point because she drank from my cup. She doesn’t fit into the matter at hand but ever since I first met her, things haven’t been the same. She’s attaches herself to my husband when she can and it appears that she’s clearly after money. Why else would she bother Zack right out of the blue? Lately she hasn’t been bothering us as much, which I’ve noticed. That fact sparked confusion in me. Why would she suddenly stop bothering us when she made it her mission to get back into Zack’s life?

-----------------------------------------

Your display of affection for your daughter was admirable to say the least. Now that we know how far you’ll go to get her back, how about we make things even more interesting. A ransom, the amount will be decided, but prepare to give up a large amount of money for your little girl. You wouldn’t want anything to happen to your precious little angel?

The pristine white paper, found at the pier a few days after the incident, was now lying on our kitchen table.

“We’ll this gives us some sort of lead to follow. Mr. Merrick, when the time comes to pay the ransom, how much are you willing to spend?”

“As much as I need to get my daughter back.” Zack states firmly, holding me close.

Unable to speak, I take Jacob from Alex’s arms and hold him close to me as I snuggle myself closer to Zack. My family is what I have and what I need, nothing will stop me from getting my baby back.

---------------------------------------

Our car was coming down the road.

The rain was just starting to come down. I was telling Zack to be careful as he drove.

As our car neared the corner, headlights unexpectedly turned on.

We were in the middle of the intersection when the tires of the truck screeched. The gas of the truck was accelerated. Acceleration marks were visible on the road.

Our car, destroyed from the impact, spun around on the slippery surface of the wet road.

Eventually, the spinning car stopped, but the falling into and out of blackness began.

The truck rapidly drove away.

People came out of their homes to see the commotion.

Sirens broke the silence of the eerily quiet night.

Blazing lights whirled around in the black night sky.

An ambulance came to wheel away the damaged bodies as the police surveyed the crime scene. It was declared a hit and run.

More people came out to watch the spectacle on the street.

We, the victims, were taken away in the ambulance.

Unbeknownst to us, the culprits were hidden in the crowd of onlookers. Smiling deviously as their plan was set into action.


I woke up in a cold sweat, memories of the crash flooding back to me. And suddenly, like an epiphany, I began to wonder about the events that happened that night. Questions began to fill my head. Why was there a parked car at that intersection? Why did the car abruptly turn on and ram into us? Why did the plow into us and keep going? Why did the whole accident seem suspicious? Why didn’t I realize this all before?
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't sleep so I decided to update the story, as a way of apologizing for not keeping up with it that much lately.
Comments loved.
Peace. Love. Happiness.
- Holly