Hit or Miss

Trash Flavored Trash

The Academy Is... is working outside. Community service, to be exact. The band had committed a minor misdemeanor thanks to Sisky, who had picked a fight (jokingly, of course) with a biker. Unfortunately, this did not end well.

When the court case came around, the bikers won, and the boys of TAI were in a little bit of trouble. Now they are back in Chicago, collecting trash in the forested areas near the roads. Sisky is the only one who is absolutely outraged with the verdict. He did nothing to start a fight, and his friends had jumped in to help him. Of course, there were twelve bikers against the five of them, and they had no chance in winning.

Sisky angrily stabs at every piece of trash he comes by. The other members try their best not to laugh at their friend, seeing as they didn't want to agitate him. Sisky curses under his breath, stabbing at an aluminum can. He sees something on the sidewalk, and goes over to pick it up. "Sisky, watch out!" Butcher shouts, the other three roaring with laughter.

Sisky raises his eyebrows, stopping at the sidewalk. "What?" he asks and looks down at his feet. A dead squirrel.

How amusing.

"Ha ha," Sisky laughs sarcastically, stabbing the dead squirrel and throwing it in his bag. A girl not much older than he is picks up an old bag of chips and throws it into Sisky's plastic trash bag. "Thanks," he says, glaring at his friends whose laughter is finally dying down.

"I'm glad you're trying to help the environment," she replies, smiling. Brownish hair and bright eyes. Sisky shifts uncomfortably, feeling as though he's just staring at her.

Way to go, Siska.

"I'm glad I'm trying to help the environment too." She giggles. "Anyway, what's your name?"

"I'm Kate." She sticks out a hand. Sisky shakes it as he mutters "Adam.". "Well, I'd better get to work. I'll see you around," she says, waving. Sisky waves back, watching her walk away.

"Let's get back to work," William says, patting his friend on the shoulder. "And you sure have a way with women."

The next day, Sisky is still mad about picking up trash. There's a lot of trash in this area, because it is near a stoplight. Drivers usually toss their trash out the window. Sisky's done it before, he won't lie. But now he swears to never throw his trash out the window again.

Angrily, he stabs at the trash, picking up another crushed soda can. Someone places a crumpled magazine into his bag. "Thanks," Sisky mutters, looking up. It's Kate.

"Hey. Nice to see you again, Adam," she says, smiling. The others are trying their best not to watch what's going on. Or see Sisky make a fool out of himself. Or laugh at the silly expression on Sisky's face. "I'm surprised you're doing this so early."

"Well, you see..." Sisky rubs his neck. "I, um...got into some trouble." This is embarrassing. Telling a girl you've committed a misdemeanor and are now picking up trash is definitely not the best way to start a conversation.

"Oh?" She checks her watch. "Well, I have to go. You'll have to tell me all about this sometime." Kate waves and goes back to walking towards the shopping center down the road.

"What are you doing? Go say something to her!" Butcher motions to Kate, who's waiting at the crosswalk. "She might actually be interested in you. Do something about it."

Sisky nods, letting go of the trash bag and his trash tongs. He jogs down to the crosswalk, casually falling in step with her as she's crossing the street. "So, is there any way I could tell you the story of why I'm picking up trash in a forested area in Chicago?"

"Well, I get off of work at four..." Kate flashes him a quick grin. "I'll meet you at the Starbucks down here at four thirty?"

"It's a date," Sisky replies, stopping in the middle of the road. He waves goodbye to Kate, and then runs back to where his friends are still picking up trash. The guys are grinning, tying up their trash bags.

"Well?" Chislett crosses his arms.

Sisky grins. "Now I'm kinda glad I picked a fight with a biker."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it :)