Veni Vidi Vici

Social.

Socially, I was a loner.

But I now had one friend. One really really awesome friend named Nate, whom I also have a huge crush on. Which could quite possibly be bad.

"Hey where's your apple?" Nate asked.

"Ran out of apples this morning. I was gonna go shopping today, but as of right now, I haven't got squat"

"Go buy one, the school cafeteria's got plenty"

"Eh, I don't really know if I want to. It's kinda dirty"

"You can always wash it in the fountain. It's better than starving through the day right?"

"I guess" I said, standing.

"I'll keep guard of our stairs. You know how much everybody wants our place" He said, laughing.

I chuckled and made my way to the cafeteria. On my way out of the cafeteria, I noticed a tray of the lunch special on the floor, I was slightly disgusted, which reminded me why I didn't eat the school food, so I tried to curve around it. But a heeled shoe whipped it's way in front of my clumsy feet. Before I could even stop myself, my body went down. I went face first into the tray of spaghetti which I now realized was put there on purpose.

When I got up, the whole cafeteria was laughing and the "Fashion Squad" and their boy toys, which included a laughing Ken, flung more things at me. I got up and glared at all of them, they stopped laughing, but the rest of the cafeteria hadn't got the memo yet.

"That was not funny" I said through my teeth. "Do you know why I came here?!"

Everybody stopped laughing to look at me.

"I was expelled for sending a kid to the hospital. Do you know why I beat him up?! Because he made fun of me until I snapped!"

I ripped the pink cardigan off Piggy's back and wiped my face with it, then threw it into the tray, squishing it farther with the sole of my shoe. I stole the make up kit off the lunch table and tossed it into the grimy, yellow garbage can. I used one of the girls' silk scarf to swipe everything off the table, which I stood on.

They girls shrieked.

"Veni vidi vici!" I yelled. "This is a warning. Others won't be so kind!" I yelled.

I jumped off the table and made my way slowly out of the soundless lunch room, my apple still in hand. Nate stood at the door, waiting for me.

"You're amazing" He said.

"I don't feel like it" I said, wiping tomato sauce from under my eyes.

"Let's go get you cleaned up"

We walked into the girl's bathroom and found it deserted. Nate helped wipe away all the sauce as I looked down at my hands.

"Maybe I'm too violent. I mean, I beat up that kid at my other school and now I just like destroyed all their stuff"

"You did what you thought as right"

"And I'm probably gonna get in a load of trouble for it"

"But you did good. You could have done so much worse. You just snapped"

"Yeah, I've been doing that a lot lately"

"Why?"

I told him about my Mom, about my neighbors, about the taunting at school, about my life. In turn, he told me about his. It wasn't glamorous.

"Wow, look at us. Two messed up kids, standing in a bathroom and feeling gross" I said, trying to lighten the mood.

I looked at his warm green eyes and suddenly, he kissed me.

Softly.
Softly.
Softly.

He pulled away, only inches.

"Would you like to go out with me tonight?" He asked.

"I'd like that a lot"

"How are you feeling?"

"Nervous"

"Me too" He admitted.

+++

And that's where I am now.

As we stand here on the bridge, looking over the dark waters and the lights of the world below us, I know I can spend the rest of my life with this boy. My elbows are placed on the railing and his hands are grasping the railing, his chest against my back. It's like he's protecting me from everything.

We don't say anything to each other, because we don't need to, his chin resting on my shoulder is enough.

"I think I might be in love with you" He whispers.

"That's good, 'cause I think I might be in love with you" I whisper in reply.

He kisses my cheek gently and I smile.

"How are you feeling?"

I have to think long and hard about this one.
And I come up with a simple answer.

"Happy"
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the end.