House of Wolves

Getting Away With ***, Part 1

Ray revved up the engine of the new pick-up truck. They had bought it especially for the occasion. The engine rumbled as he latched on his seatbelt, not wanting to get stopped for the cops later on and drove out of the field behind the warehouse he called home.

As soon as Ray hit the highway, he began to think about the woman that was meant to die on this brisk night. He often did this beforehand, when he had some time.

Her name was Carrie. Apparently, Carrie was dying for the sins she had previously committed. Neither Allison nor Vivian would discuss why this had to happen to her, and their significant others had no idea. All Ray knew was that he had specific orders to carry out, that only the mastermind himself could handle.

The exit approached and Ray drove the car into the right lane before driving into the exit. The bright lights of the oncoming town he was entering shined into the windows of the truck, almost blinding him. Ray squinted until his eyes landed on his destination.

The bright yellow and red lights of the motel lit up most of the busy, main street. Ray put on his right turn signal and turned into the main parking lot. He guided the car through, to the back parking lot where there were two lonely garbage dumpsters, and complete darkness masked the area.

Perfect.
It couldn't be set up any better.

Ray shut off the car, made sure he had his gun and lighter, before he exited the car and put it on lock. He strolled into the back door of the lobby in the two floor building and approached the woman at the desk.

"Goodnight, sir," the woman said kindly, a slight twinkle in her eyes as she gazed at his hair.

" 'Night," he mumbled, his own eyes dancing wildly across her features.

She looked middle-ages, with eyes the color of fine mahogany. Her hair was a dull brown, followed by little specks of gray. She looked like a Lucy, or maybe a Susie?

But then again, looks can be deceiving.

Back to matters at hand, Ray thought about the question he was supposed to ask, as a code to find out if Carrie was there yet, so he could get on with his night.

"So how's your son?," Ray asked, fishing in his left pocket for a fake ID and credit card.

"He's fine, doing well in school," she replied, looking down as she checked the ID, copied the card and handed him a key.

"Thank you."

"Enjoy your night, sir," she said after him, and waved him off as he descended up the stairs.

That entire act? For the hidden cameras, installed by the local police for surveillance. Not that this neighborhood was a safe one, but that a motel was such a likely place for a murder or crime to go on.

Ray smiled at this thought as he came onto the second floor, fingering his room key. He ran his thumb over the numbers 24 that were carved into it. Room 24 finally came and Ray smirked as he slid the key into the slot and the door came open.

"Evening..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silencers.
Best creation since sliced bread, the butter that goes on it, and the knife that puts it there.

Ray smiled as the first and final bullet went off in the middle of Carrie's skull. Her blue eyes became dull and lifeless, as her life slowly drained out of her and emptied out into the dense atmosphere that was room 24. He leaped off the bed and searched the floor for his button up black shirt, and slid it back on.

Carrie sat in the middle of the bed, barely clothed and frozen as Ray continued to dress, glancing at the body every once in a while to make sure she wasn't planning on moving anytime soon. (Obviously not, she's dead - y'know?)

When he finished, he checked to make sure the window to his room could be opened, before he turned back to the body. He fetched a towel from the bathroom to wipe her head, and stripped the bed of its sheets. Carrie got wrapped in those, and her belongings and the towel got thrown in a garbage bag Ray found.

Then Ray chucked Cassie's dead body out the window, into the garbage dumpster awaiting her landing. After that came her bag of belongings, and Ray slammed the window closed. He grabbed his shoes, slipped the on, and got his gun, the room key, and left like nothing happened.

In the lobby, the middle-aged woman still sat at the desk, reading a newspaper. She glanced up once when she saw Ray hopping down the steps, holding a duffel bag.

He dangled the key in front of her face when he approached the desk and grinned, "Tell Jeff I said hey."

The old woman nodded and put the key away as Ray left the motel through the back door, and he went up to the pick-up truck. He threw the duffel bag of money into the passenger seat, and went to the garbage dumpster to fetch Cassie's body. He pulled her out and shoved her into he back of the truck, covered her in another dark colored blanket, and dropped her bag of clothes next to her.

Ray jumped into the driver's seat and sped out of the motel parking lot to head back to the warehouse as quick as he arrived, having accomplished what he was sent out to do.