Status: HIATUS. sorry.

Headbands and Pleated Skirts

Surprise?

When I came home, my parents were in the living room talking about something that seemed important. I decided then that I would wait to tell them at dinner.

"Hey guys, I'm home!"

"Hello, honey," my mom said.

"I'll be in my room!"

I walked into my room and dropped my book bag in the corner with a loud thump. I was just about to plop onto my bed to relax a little before starting my homework when my mom called me into the living room.

"Gina, honey, can you come here. We need to tell you something." Oh dear what could this be about?

"Yes, mom?" I asked as I walked into the living room. Both my parents were sitting on the couch with serious faces. I must admit I was getting a little worried.

My mom looked over to my dad and he gave her a small nod. She spoke up, "We are going to have a visitor this summer."

"What is so important about that?"

"Well it's not any old visitor. It is going to be a young adult, much like yourself, staying with us. A boy to be exact."

"Why are we having some random boy staying at our house?" I felt the anger bubbling up inside of me.

Both my parents seemed to hesitate for a moment, but then my dad decided to break the silence.

"He will be from Italy," my dad blurted out, "he will not know much English or how the US works in everyday life. We thought since we are Italian, this would be an amazing experience."

"And he will only be here for a month."

"WHAT?"

"I'm sorry, honey. We didn't think this would get you so upset, but we just confirmed his stay with us today. I'm afraid there is no turning back at this point. We really are sorry."

"Sorry?! YOU are sorry? I am the only one that should be sorry! Sorry that I have you two as parents!" With saying that, I stormed out of the living room into the kitchen to make myself a small dinner. There was no way i was going to eat with them tonight. I mean, what were they thinking?

I ran into my room, not wanting to hear them tell me anything else.

I had just sat on my bed, when I remembered i had not asked about the party. With all the commotion, it must've slipped my mind. Oh well, there was no way I was going back out there.

So as I started my "dinner", i began contemplating how I was going to tell my parents about the party on Friday. I only had three days left.
♠ ♠ ♠
likey? likey? COMMENT!