Through The Eyes Of Hope

Chapter 3

Ray and Maddie were sitting at the table, they had brought Chinese take out. They were a little surprised to see me downstairs but they were happy all the same. I heard Ray and Frank whispering to each other while making up plates for everyone.

"How did you do it?" was Ray's first question.

"I gave her a choice and I guess she decided that she was ready to see you guys again." Frank replied.

I sat in the chair beside Maddie who was quiet as ever. I guess Frank is right, I am ready to see everyone again. I miss my second family. I miss them very much. I looked over at Maddie who was just staring at her plate that was laid before her a few minutes ago and just gave her a hug.

I could only imagine the look on her face as she hugged me back. After that little expression of showing that I wanted to be around my whole family again, we talked while we ate. At first, it felt a little awkward, but after a few minutes, it was just like old times.

I looked over and saw Frank and Maddie looking at each other with much earnest, but she kept looking at Ray with a touch of uncertainty. Why doesn't Ray tell her that it is okay.

I knew about Ray's plan from the very beginning when he came and asked my permission. That seemed quite odd to me, but I gave it.

That was a fucking year ago. I finally snapped out of my thoughts and kicked Ray in the shin slightly to get his attention. When he finally looked at me, I motioned for him to pay attention to Maddie and Frank.

"Why don't they just make it official?" He mouths.

"Maddie doesn't know what you'll think, you're the reason she didn't have someone else before." I mouthed back, hopefully making him have a flashback to when Maddie first had an interest in a boy. I think I did my job. He looked at me with a knowing stare, probably thinking.

"Damn, I'm such a dumb ass."

I slightly giggled at such a thought coming from him. Hopefully he'll think of a better way or maybe just flat out tell them that they should go out on a date or something like that.

"Ray, you'll have to do something to let Maddie know that it is alright." I mouth to him.

"You need to let Frank know that you don't care if he dates." He mouths back.

"Oh damn." I think to myself. Wow, that is another problem that's holding him back, isn't it? I lightly smack myself in the forehead with the palm of my hand. Ray seemed satisfied with that reaction since he leaned back in his chair.

Hmmm.... I think me and Ray have an assignment on our hands. It would be a little weird to be planning stuff together in person. Especially a person that just came out of a place in their minds that pushes people away. Wouldn't seem right. Alright, I know how to do that, duh. I'll just send texts and stuff with ideas.

I laughed a little louder at the idea because I come up with ideas late at night and sending those would probably scare the shit out of him. Oh well, I think he'd like to sacrifice a little sleep and risks for heart attacks for his sister and one of his best friends.

It takes me a minute to realize that everyone is looking at me like I'm a lunatic.

"Sorry, I just had a funny thought." I laughed a little more.

I looked at everyone and they just shrugged and went back to their eating and conversing.

That night before going to bed, I suddenly had an idea. I got out of my bed and got my new cellphone out of my jeans pocket on the floor.

I texted Ray with a location. I decided that it wouldn't be too weird to ask someone you haven't talked to or practically even seen in a long while, to lunch. I told him to take me to the pizzeria on Johnson Street at 1 pm tomorrow. After I sent it, I realized I could've just asked in person. I just shrugged and crawled back into my bed and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sooo... please comment. I need to know if I'm doing anything wrong or if it's just dumb. Thanks :)