Funeral For Love: Turn Of Legacy

Chapter 2

Long ago just like the hearse you die to get in again we are the very heart you sold and what's the worse you take from every heart.... The ear phones were slipped from her ears by the Math teacher.

"Ms. Morelli. Do you want to get out of this place?" He whispered in her ear. She only nodded. "Then please pay attention. You're a very good student. Please stay that way." He gave her an encouraging smile.

He was also her music teacher. He's the only teacher that she likes in the school. St. Micheal Catholic School was the place she's gone since 9th grade. She found it kind of ironic that two drug dealers would enroll their kid into a catholic school. Especially ones who didn't believe in Heaven, Hell, God , Jesus, Satan, or any other bible legends to speak of.

Jessica believed. She also believed that she was put here for a purpose. She hoped that no other kid had to go through what she did, but she knew in her heart That there were more out there than she could count.

She might get into trouble from time to time, but she made good grades. A's and B's. She was determined to get out of that house and make a band like My Chemical Romance. Like as in helps save people, not as in plagiarism. She could get into a lot of trouble for that.

The only problem was, all the kids at school stayed away from her. Except for that one kid, but he would soon catch on to the crowd. They always do. She was surprised to see him waiting at her locker.

"Hello, I never got your name. Would you mind telling me?" He asked, hopeful.

"My name's Jessica. You would be?"

"My name is Daniel. Danny for short."

"Well, Danny for short, I have to be on my way home."

"I'll walk you."

"Noo!" Her heart was beating fast.

"Halfway?" He asked. She took a deep breath.

"Okay, that's good." They started walking and decided to stop at the park to talk. They were swinging.

"Why do you come here so late? Your dad couldn't wait another week? That's when we're let out, ya know." He chuckled.

"Yeah. I know. His company is more of a 'You better be here or you're fired' type. He didn't really have a choice."

"What do you plan on doing after you graduate?" She asks.

"Umm.... I was thinking about becoming a drag queen in the local shows. Very fancy business." He grins. She gives a look.

"Okay, okay. Seriously? I want to be a musician." That made her heart beat fast of excitement, but then went down.

"He wouldn't want to be in a band with me." She thinks in her head.

"You?" She didn't know what to tell him so she decided to tell him the truth.

"I wanna make a band, I've always wanted to since I was 8 years old."

"What's stopping you?" Not the question she was expecting. More like, 'You really think you can do that?' or 'Come on, Really?' Not this one.

"Well, uh... No one really talks to me or anything. I don't have any recruits." He grinned.

"You have one." She looked at him.

"Huh?"

"You have a guitar player. That's what I am." She jumped up and hugged him.

"Thank you so much." She looked at him. "We need a drummer and a bass though." He seemed to be thinking.

"How about we post signs up across here and New York City. We're sure to get some auditions." Jessica looked at her feet.

"Not if they know who I am."

"Oh, they'll know who you are. Not your parents." Jessica looked at him bewildered.

"Some girl told me about them. She seemed pretty nice. She told me that she wants to be your friend, but her parents would murder her." Jessica snorted.

"Some parents. What is her name?"

"Umm.. Something Macey or something."

"Macey Dolittle."

"Yep, I believe that was her name."

"Yeah, she's talked to me before. She is nice. I wonder if she has any musical talent." Danny shrugs.

"We'll just make the signs and see if she comes to audition."

"I don't get it. She's 18, she should make her own decisions of who she can talk to now."

"She also said that she doesn't have a house or apartment yet. Her parents will kick her out." Jessica's eyes got wide.

"Oh, Now that I get. Plus, I don't want anyone coming to talk to me all that much, yet anyways. Too many people know my father and some hate him with a passion."

"Well, that's usually what people think about drug dealers, not that you don't know. You know more about it than I do."

"Yeah, way more." She sighs.

"Let's not dwell on the depressing things. Let's go make those signs."

"Okay." Her eyes brightened.

They walked to the library and got permission from the librarian to get on the computer.

"I have no idea how to make things like this, barely."

"Don't worry. I've done this plenty of times." He began his work. Copying, pasting, typing, inserting a little of this and a little of that. "Phew! There 2 hours of work." Jessica was at a different computer looking at tour dates for My Chemical Romance when she heard the excited outburst. She quickly went over and took a look at it.

"That is fucking awesome!"

"One last thing that we need though. A name. What are you going to name the band?"

"I always liked Funeral For Love. I think it's cool."

"Alright, I like that name as well." He typed it in and pressed print. "Now, all we have to do is copy it. About 1000 would do. That's $100 total."

"That's a lot!"

"I have it." He opens up a checkbook. "I have my own checking account."

"Well, someone's spoiled." She rolled her eyes.

"Hey, if I weren't, we wouldn't be able to do this." He grinned. She smiled back. He made the copies and paid for them.

"Now, posting time!" They went around their community taping signs on people's car windows, people's houses, telephone poles, and trees.

"Off to the city." They were going at a fast pace taping and stapling signs everywhere that didn't have a 'No posting' sign on it.

They finally made it to her house. He already knew how her parents were and what they do, she didn't mind him walking her home.

"Well, see ya tomorrow?" He asks.

"Sure, why not?" She looked around and then back at him. "Where?"

"How about where I told the auditions to go. The park."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye." She walked into her house closing the door behind her.

"She's incredible." He breathes. He starts his walk home.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments would be great :)