In My Own Little World

Good Intentions?

I never remember my dreams, but tonight was different, and I think it's because my powers are growing...

I found myself back in the woods, in a very familiar clearing.

"Well Ariela, now that we are properly introduced, can't you think of any way that we can get Evelyn back from Maurus?"

I was watching this scene play out in front of me when I recognized the speaker instantly as Miles, the stubborn human I had drained in my haste to escape with at least one of the humans I had tried so hard to bring to this world.

"Maurus!"

The second figure looked about anxiously, she faced me several times but did not see me. It was then that I knew I was having a vision. Whoever she was, I did not recognize her, but it was obvious that she was an elf. What did the human call her, Ariela? She darted across the clearing and whispered into Miles' ear. "You musen't say his name aloud, he will hear you. He is a very powerful vampire, but his looks disguise his age. He is a prince of the vampire kingdom, and he recently went on the lam, nobody knows why. But his reputation preceeds him, and he is NOT someone you would want to cross paths with."

Really? So that is why I am having a vision, Miles stated my name aloud. Some vampires have the ability to listen in on conversations about themselves, no matter how far away the conversation is taking place. I had not realized that I had inherited this ability, but I had been out of the kingdom for years, and I was probably a little rusty in comparison to my brothers.

"No really?" Miles exclaimed sarcastically and pointed to the holes in his neck. I chuckled to myself while she eyed the holes with disgust followed by concern.

"Look. I don't care who this M-" she covered his mouth with her hands, but it was too late, I was already witnessing their conversation."Shhhh!" she scolded. Miles didn't seem to care.

"I told you I don't care! I want Eevee! And that damn Maurus took her from me!" Angry tears forced their way out of his eyes and for a moment I almost felt sorry for him. Almost. Ariela watched him sob quietly for a few moments before wrapping him in a hug.

"Do you love her?" she asked him.

"Of course I do! She's my best friend..." She laughed lightly at his reponse.

"That's not what I meant. I mean do you love her, like a soul mate?" There was a silence that stretched a little too long, and I already knew the answer before he began to lie about it.

"Of course not!" He snapped. "We could never work as a couple. Eevee's as cold as ice when it comes to romance. She's never had a boyfriend, not even me..."

So I've noticed.

I could tell that she wasn't convinced but Miles didn't seem to notice.

"Come on Miles." she said finally. "I'll take you to the village. Father will know what to do. And besides, I need to hide you from Gareth's men. No doubt they will be looking for you. and besides, I don't want to hang around too long, the dragon might come back."

"Dragon?" he blinked stupidly.

"Of course!" she laughed and pointed. "What else could have made such a giant pile of filth?"

As soon as the scene was over and they walked off through the trees I awoke with a start.

So she's taking him to the Elf king eh? This might be more difficult than I thought. I rolled over an tiptoed to the curtain, hesitating only briefly before peeking around the curtain. There was Evelyn, still asleep on the couch. I shook her roughly and she awoke with a start, just as I had.

"Come on, get ready. We're going to see the Elves."