Status: I haven't the heart to delete this after committing so much time to it, but I don't have the desire or time to update it either, so it will remain unfinished until further notice.

Green Day Saves the Day

Drowning in Memories

Beads of hot sweat formed on Robb's forehead as his stared back at Billie. Inhaling deeply, he began to unravel the mystery of the events that had taken place here 13 years ago.

"It was a hot day like this one. I was just, you know, hanging out with my friends and, uh...W-we decided to ditch and go my house to go swimming. There was no one home when we got there so we just headed to the backyard and hopped in." Robb's eyes glazed over and an absentminded smile plastered his face for a few seconds before vanishing like the sun disappearing behind a thick cloud.

Billie could see he was losing him. "Hey." He firmly grabbed his chin and pulled it upwards. "I need you to stay with me bud, okay?"

Robb snapped back to the present and gave a slight nod. "We were just swimming around, clothes and all, and someone suggested we play Marco Polo."

"That game's still around?"

Robb glared at Billie. "You want to hear this or not?"

"Right, sorry. Continue."

"Anyway, I was, uh, 'it'. So I was just swimming around goin' 'Marco! Marco!' but no one was answering. Before I knew it, I was going under. The bastards were holding me underwater." His eyes began to drift away again, this time filled with anger.

"Keep going".

Robb once again snapped back to the present, but this time, he couldn't seem to completely shake off the way the haunting memories made him feel. "I was right below the surface. I could...I could almost break through but they held me down. It was almost as if I could...feel myself dying."

The thought of feeling your spirit leaving your body slowly, painfully sent a chill down Billie's spine.

"I blacked out and those fuckers just left me there to die", Robb continued bitterly. "Pool boy fished me out and called the ambulance... I've been terrified of water ever since. I won't...swim or go anywhere near a beach. Forget boating. I freak out when I see a bathtub full of water. It's...it's really tough". He bit down on his trembling lower lip and turned away to hide the tears that threatened to spill down his face. He knew they'd never stop once they started.