Bump In The Night

Graduation Plans

A cup of coffee was set beside Chelsey's laptop. Angel leaned down and kissed the top of the red haired girls head. She was up late again, doing pages upon pages of schoolwork. Her father had just awakened to his daughter staring at the luminescent screen in a zombie like state. "Whatcha working on?" Angel asked softly, sitting beside his daughter.

"I have three lab corrections and two full labs to finish so I can take the final exam..." she groaned, knowing of the work she had to do.

"I thought you were out with Jamie all afternoon? You were supposed to be working..."

"We were, we have an exam on Romeo and Juliet on Friday, that's what we were studying."

"And by 'studing' you mean practicing the love scenes?" Angel sent kissy noises her way and she punched her father in the shoulder.

"That is so not funny! I would never date Jamie, he's just a friend, totally," Angel chuckled and sipped his coffee.

"I know... Chelsey, can we have a talk for a moment?" She had to tear herself away from her computer screen. "Wesley got a call from someone today. And that someone wants to come to your graduation ceremony..."

"Oooh! Spike?" Angel looked over sharply as if his face could scrunch up at any second. "I was just kidding...jeez," he rolled his dark eyes, his daughter always could find a way to ruffle his feathers. "Who is it?"

"Buffy Summers..." Chelsey jumped to her feet, knocking her coffee off the table.

"No! I hate her!"

"Chelsey, calm down," Chelsey kicked her chair across the room, it hit the wall and smashed into pieces. Angel stood up and jumped behind her, wrapping his arms around her upper body, locking her arms at her side. Angel pulled his daughter against him, rocking her slowly, resting his cheek atop her head. Tears fell from her eyes as she fell weakly into her father's arms.

"Please, don't let her come, dad. I hate her so much," Angel shushed her softly.

"I know you don't like her, sweetheart. But she was once your best friend, she was like your mother..."

"How can you forgive her, for what she did to you? She left you like you were nothing to her..." Angel hugged his daughter closer, burying his face in her hair. "I'll never forgive her, I hate her..." Angel looked at the smashed chair several feet away, how could she have done that with just one kick?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments Please! :D