A Lonely Robot

Two

I wandered the halls, not making a sound. I couldn't go to lunch, I don't eat, and if I sit there in the cafeteria not eating people will gossip that I'm anorexic. It's not that I'm anorexic, and just don't eat. I can't eat, I have no bodily organs to digest my food and such. How would that go over with people? It was raining and we weren't permitted to go outside while it was raining. They didn't want their students getting sick, or something along those lines.

I listened to the hum of everything around me. It was sort of comforting when there wasn't a lot going on at one time. I could hear the noise coming from the cafeteria. It wasn't as comforting as the buzz of the machines, but it would have to do.

Slowly walking in, I found a table near the entrance so not many people would see me walking in. It didn't go quite as planned; almost everyone quieted down as I stepped into the room. I sat at the table not bothering to look at anyone else. The students slowly began to go back to what they were doing before, some of the ones sitting closer to me glancing my way every few moments.

A pretty girl sat at the table next to mine, an unthinkable act. No one would dare to sit at a table close to mine. Once again the cafeteria became quiet and speechless. It wasn't a big deal really. It's not like the girl was sitting next to me, or even at my table for that matter.

It was almost impossible to read her body language. All I could tell is that she was proud of where she was at. Oh that stupid stupid beautiful girl. Why was she damning herself in this high school world? She should've just stayed away.

I sat the rest of lunch keeping tabs on this stupid girl sitting at the table next to mine. I watched everything about her trying to find out what made her tick. Her body language gave off nothing though, which made me extremely disappointed. I watched the way she would flip her pale hair over her shoulders when it got too close to her neck. The way she would brush her bangs out of her face only to flip it back into her eyes. How when she smiled it lit up the whole room and people just stopped to stare at her. The way her left K-9 tooth was slightly crooked but no one noticed because the rest were perfectly straight. I noticed that guys seemed to swarm to the area even though I was around.

The bell rung and the girl got up gracefully. She looked over to me and smiled and waved before turning and walking out the door. I hadn't realized that all eyes were on us and that I seemed to be quite lost in my surroundings. This doesn't happen to me, my brain can handle many subjects at one, why can't I figure out any of this when this girl is looking at me? I was flustered and could only think about this girl. Why had she smiled at me? Why had she waved?

Her plan had worked well. She managed to sit around the boy and had finally caught his attention. She knew he was paying attention to her the entire period. Many other boys were also watching her, but she only paying attention to the one. When the bell rang she put her last phase into effect. She stood up making sure he was watching her and she smiled happily and waved to him. He sat there stunned as she smoothly left the room. Yes! She was on her way to the right thing.