Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

Training

I'd changed into a baggy gray T-shirt and sweat pants, Pulled my hair up into a bun and was now making my way back down the stairs. Everyone I passed paused to stare, it was really getting annoying. I'm sure I'm not the first female they've seen. And if I am thats pretty sad.
Thraxx was leaning against the railing on the bottom step and looked up when he noticed me coming down. He looked me up and down and nodded. Nice to know he approves I guess.

"Hey," I said, trying to be polite.

He gave a smile in return and pushed off the railing as I stepped off the last step. He lead us to the front door and held it open for me. It was black outside and there was a breeze that felt nice after being in the house surrounded by people whose presence made my skin crawl. Though, so did Thraxx but he was just one person even if his presence was stronger than the others.

"You obviously have control over your Wolf so we can skip that part," He started as we walked toward the tree line, "I think we should start with your hunting skills. See how silent you are, how good your nose, hearing, and your other basic instincts are. And, of course, your technique."

"Okay,"

Was all I said, Distractedly. There was someone just beyond the tree line. I could feel their presence radiating on my skin.

"Nikoli, We'll be heading to the Field and will stay within a 2 mile radius of it."

A silhouette detached its self from the shadow of a tree and nodded. It didn't settle my nerves that I couldn't see him.

"Yes sir." Came the grumbly reply.

His voice sent shivers down my spine that actually shook my body. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. They both turned towards me. Oh Great.

"What?" I asked in a bold tone.

Both of them shook their heads and Thraxx gestured for me to follow him once again. Nikoli faded back into the shadows of the trees as I neared him, which got on my nerves because
I couldn't get a good look at him. Trailing after Thraxx as he continued deeper into the trees without a single sound kind of creeped me out. I knew that I could walk silently through the woods but something about having another person do it was strange for me. It made me wonder how hunting with him would be like. Two silent predators with the instilled instincts of the Wolf working together to find, surprise, chase, and bring down their prey.

When we could no longer see the lights from the house I started to get the all too familiar feeling of my skin crawling. But this time it was set off by my nose. It was like at dinner, I could smell every one of the werewolves that hunt on this land. Their scents all blended together to make one unit, one team. A pack. That sent another shiver down my spine, I was on unfamiliar ground here, and Thraxx looked at me over his shoulder. I've really got to learn how to surpress those.

Thraxx held a branch out of his way, then held it for me. I would of thought it a nice gesture if my attention wasn't wholly on the clearing in front of me. The moon spilled through the break of trees to gently play over the clearing, highlighting it. The grass was bent from use of the wolves and I could see them all here in this place playing, sleeping, and listening to their leader. But what immediately drew my attention was a small hill to one side, where stone steps crawled their way up to a craved platform holding what looked like three stone chairs.
Thraxx stepped up beside me and all I could do was gawk at what was before me.

"This is your new home, if you chose it." He whispered softly, almost too softly for my ears to catch.

I turned to him, "What do you mean?"

"You've heard the expression 'Home is where the heart is' right? That room," He waved a hand behind him, "In that house is just four walls. Out here you can run. You can run and for a moment you can be just you. No thinking, no processing, just instinct. The feeling of your nails digging into soft dirt and the power of creating wind as you weave through the trees. Moonlight glinting off your eyes as you seek prey. The hard thumping of your pulse as you unleash yourself and truly give your heart a home."

We stood where we were for a moment in silence before he wrapped his hand around mine and gently tugged me forward. He led us over to the small hill and dropped my hand before starting up the steps. Once on the platform he turned and spread out his arms.

"This is my throne."

I smiled.

"I'm sure that makes your ego smile." I quickly made my way up to where he stood smiling and checked out the stone chairs behind him.

The back of them, the arms, and the seat were smoothed out to perfection. I sat in the middle one with the highest back. Clearly the Alpha's. I placed my arms on the arms of the chair and stretched out, getting a feel for it. Wasn't exactly the best chair I've been in but it did have a comfy feel to it.

Thraxx stood there and watched me get cozy on his throne and shook his head.

"I don't think so, Alpha's only," He motioned for me to get up.

I threw my legs over one arm, moving to rest my back against the other and smiled sweetly up at him.

"And if I don't?"

"I could always put you through a harder training course than I originally planned."

I shot out of the chair before his words had melted into the air. He chuckled and sat down where I had been, rubbing it in as he made a show of getting comfortable in his Throne. I pouted and sat down on the chair to his left, curling up my legs to the right and laid my head on my knees to look at him.

He stiffened and slowly tuned his head to look at me. His eyes were intense with an emotion I couldn't place. I watched him take in a deep breathe, hold it, and letting it out slowly between his lips.

"We should start now." He said as he pushed himself out of the chair.

I quickly followed his lead.

"Okay, what first?" I asked hoping he wouldn't make me Change right away.

"First we Change, then I see how good you are at hunting."

Damn.

With a defeated sigh I said, "Alright."

He grabbed the hem of his shirt and gracefully pulled it over his head to fall onto his Throne.

"Um," I bit my lip, "Can you turn around?"

He gave me a confused look. I could feel some heat rolling up my face.

"I've never been in a pack before, remember? I'm not really comfortable with the whole get naked with others thing yet."

He got it then and with a nod of his head spun around so his back was facing me. I turned also and quickly started pulling off my clothes. The quicker they were off, the quicker I'd have fur.

"Your going to stay here for a two minutes so I can hide in the trees. I'll stay within two miles of this clearing so don't wander farther than that."

"You mean I'm hunting you?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes, this way I know how good you are at sneaking up on prey and how you handle taking them down."

I looked over my shoulder at him, "You want me to attack you?"

"If you can."

I turned back around and continued to undress as my mind whorled with what he had said. Once all my clothes had been thrown on the chair I'd been sitting on I took a deep breathe of air, but before I could concentrate on the smell of trees it held, I could feel Thraxx Changing behind me. His power rolled off him like the fur over his skin and it brought me to my knees. His power brought on my Change and soon I was left sprawled on my stomach wondering what had just happened.

I curled my legs tight to my sides while I waited for my breathe to even out. My ears twitched to the back of my head as I heard soft paws treading the stone. A nose was pushed into the fur of my tail and followed to the bottom of my spine. It paused to sniff my sides as my rib cage compressed and decompressed before trailing up my shoulder to my neck. It snuffled the side of my face where it laid on the stone and I closed my eyes.

The nose nudged my cheek gently before I felt a tongue wash over me. I opened my eyes and found myself nose to nose with a huge wolf. He had to be three, maybe even four, times the size of me. His pelt was black with swirls of light brown and white. His coloring was gorgeous compared to my cinnamon socks that deepened to brown further up my legs, before finally darkening to black.

He nudged me with his nose again. I took in a breathe and rose shakily to my feet. He leaned back to look me over and circled me once before nudging my side. I shook myself out to try and get used to the feeling of my new shape. Which turned out to be a bad move as my legs gave out and I thunked to the floor.

Note to self: No Changing more than twice a day.

Thraxx sat down in front of me with his head cocked to the side and watched me with those too human eyes. I blew out a sigh and tried again. I managed to get to my feet and lift my head up. Thraxx licked my nose, causing me to wrinkle it a bit. I wasn't used to being licked by others. He waited patiently as the shaking in my legs reduced and I was finally standing steadily. He pranced down the steps and leaped down onto the grass.

I narrowed my eyes down at him. Show off.

I made my way cautiously down the steps and sank the pads of my paws into the soft soil. Thraxx wagged his tail encouragingly at me as I stepped up beside him. This close I could smell forest scented fur. I buried my nose into the fur of his shoulder before I realized what I was doing and pulled away. Before I could duck my head in embarrassment he was rubbing the side of his snout against mine and into the fur behind my ear. Him doing that forced my nose into the fur under his ear and as I took my next breathe I was submerged in his scent. I could pick up where he'd been today, what shampoo and conditioner he showered with and the cologne he put on. But under that was his true scent. He smelled of those trees that surrounded us, the coolness of the wind, and something uniquely male.

He pulled away and nudged my shoulder. I took that as a sit and sat. He held my eyes for a moment before heading for the tree line. I almost got up to follow him but remembered that he wanted me to wait two minutes. That was good, It meant I got two minutes to gather up the energy I badly needed if I were going to hunt.

After two minutes I headed for the spot in the tree line that he had gone through. I followed his scent for a few yards before he turned left and thats when I felt it. The wind blew against my fur, raising it up. He was making it so that he would be down wind and would smell me coming even before I had a chance to get to him. The little shit.

I deviated to the right and walked as far as I could from his direct path to where I go just smell him and then continued on my way. This way I could follow his scent and hope that he'd just get a trace of my scent, if any at all. This went on for about a mile before I knew I had to become totally silent.

I took my steps with precision and care, making absolute sure that I didn't make a noise. It was a few paces forward before I heard the bush to my right rustle. I froze, the only thing going was my nose trying to depict any scent. It was a tense moment before I saw two long ears. Just a rabbit.

Not wanting it to make noise and give my position away I snuck forward and away from it. I held on to Thraxx's scent but it seemed to be fading now. I stopped and put my nose to the ground for a stronger scent. After a few misleading smells I found his again and knew that he was close. It wasn't my nose that told me so. No, it was that crawling feeling over my skin. Hey, who knew it could come in handy?

I left his scent trail and circled around him, or where I was guessing he was. I was pretty certain that I could sneak up on him from behind if I just let the feeling on my skin lead me. Turns out I was right. Twelve minutes later I was crouched under a bush, staring at the back of Thraxx. If wolves could smile, I'd be doing that right now.

I slunk forward on my stomach so as not to disturb the bush. Once my tail had cleared the last little branch I rose to my full height. This was great! He hadn't even so much as twitched yet, he was so certain I'd come from the way he had come.

Time to prove him wrong.

I plowed into his hind legs making him topple, I pawed his side with all of my being and he slammed onto the ground, laying on his side. I wiggled my way quickly in between his front paws and sat on his stomach so his hind legs couldn't come up to throw me off. I did a victory dance that was more of a body wiggle and gave a yip in delight.

That was until he rolled over and on top of me. I think my mouth dropped open but I'm not sure. He bared his teeth at me before nipping my nose gently, a chiding for being quick to celebrate my short lived victory. I should of gone for his throat.

I huffed in defeat and started wiggling out from under his frame. I saw his eyes darken as they lost some of the human I saw in them earlier. The wolf was peeking through. I froze. Not out of submission, but for fear of my life. my underbelly was exposed and vulnerable. I could take no chances. He bent his head down and sniffed his way slowly, almost painfully for me, up my neck. He could just as easily rip out my throat.

He brought his nose up to mine before sliding his snout over mine again, but this time he lifted his lip and marked my cheek and neck. In shock I smacked his shoulder with my paw as hard as I could from the flat of my back. He reared back a bit till I could see his eyes again and I saw his humanity flooded back in. He lept off me and took several steps back.

I rolled over and rubbed my cheek in the dirt. Though I knew his Scent wouldn't come off until I took another shower I rubbed furiously. I tried rubbing my neck in the dirt but it was an awkward angle so I gave up. I stood up and shook off the loose dirt from my face.

Thraxx took a step towards me and my eyes flashed up to meet his. He paused in mid step, two of his paws hanging in the air, before he continued towards me. I lowered my head in anger and he tilted his head to the side so he could reach my level and licked my cheek in apology. I wouldn't forgive him entirely until I was washed and smelled of just me, but I lifted my head and gave him a small lick back.

He motioned with his head to follow him and I did. All the way back to the clearing he'd taken me to and where our clothes where. Up on the platform we both Changed at the same time and I was too tired to tell him to turn away. Besides I was on my stomach and basically covered up and he curled up onto his side with his back facing me.

"I'm sorry." He said with a heavy breathe.

" 's okay" I panted out.

His breathing evened out way before mine did but he hadn't moved until I did. And he remembered to keep his back to me. I guess he was trying to be extra nice after he marked me as his like that. We got dressed in a silence that lasted all the way back to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, just stayed up all night writing and editing this. It's currently 7:23 in the morning where I am so hope you enjoy this cause I might have to make threats if you don't.

j/k I'm just sleep deprived.

Thanks to ChemicalIndulgence30 for Nikoli's name. Sorry I didn't add this earlier my thoughts were on sleep