Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

Wasting Energy

I had taken one of the fastest showers in my life and changed into a tight black skirt that ended midway down my thighs and had traded my loose blue Tee for a snug red tank top. My shoes were strappy and had a three inch heel. My make up wasn't heavy or dramatic, I prefer more natural tones, but I am addicted to my eyeliner so my eyes ended up being a bit more alluring.

Bojin's wasn't much on the outside. Just dark brick with a neon red sign indicating the club's name with a line of people that curved around the corner. Thraxx had driven Solomon, Lyer, and I and had parked in a reserved parking spot, then lead us right to the front door, where we were emitted without question. The perks of being an Alpha.

The inside was much better. The D.J. was raised up on a platform and spotlighted in a black light. A bar was to the right of the door, where a group of vampires were having a drinking game. The outer perimeter of the club was where you could find seats or if you want a little more seclusion, darkened booths were also available. Now the dance floor. It was a pit only accessible by stairs and had guard railing to protect anyone from falling accidentally.

Familiar faces drifted in and out of my vision as the Werewolves I saw at dinner were making themselves an extra appendage to the Human women, obviously having a good time. As long as no one hung off me like that I think this could be fun.

"Drinks?" Lyer suggested.

Thraxx and Solomon nodded and we all headed to the bar. Heads turned and people parted before us. It was a little weird. What the hell were they all staring at? The guys didn't seem to take notice or care, so I let it go. For now at least.

We all sidled up onto the stools as a bar tender, that had a sleeve of tattoos on his right arm, made his way over. He was of medium build for a Werewolf with dark brown eyes that were highlighted by the under light of the bar.

"Thraxx." He nodded in acknowledgment, then at the others, "Boys."

Thraxx nodded back at him,"Bojin, This is Marlee." He nodded to his right, where I sat next to him.

Impersonal eyes raked down my form then back up to meet my eyes. A smile that set me a little on edge formed at his lips.

He nodded at me, "Marlee."

I put on an expressionless face and nodded back at him, "Bojin." I mocked, before a grin stole over my face.

The edge of his lips tipped up in amusement before he turned back to Thraxx.

"So what can I get you guys?"

"Gosling's Black Seal." Lyer said.

"Evolution." Solomon told him.

"Jack." Thraxx smiled.

"Virgin Pina Colada." I spoke up.

All four heads swiveled to give me a weird look.

I leaned back, "What?"

"Your ordering a virgin drink?" Lyer asked in disbelief.

"I'm only twenty." I said indignantly.

Bojin chuckled and shook his head. Solomon was struggling to keep his face blank but his eyes were sparkling. Lyer was shaking his head too.

"What?" I practically demanded.

"Marlee, Your a Werewolf." Thraxx said.

Like that explained anything.

"And your point?" I pushed.

"Werewolves don't have a drinking age, only Humans do." He gave me a patient look.

Huh.

My mind was debating within itself. I've never done anything illegal before and my parents had instilled in me their old fashioned values. But I wasn't Human anymore.

"Okay," I said, looking at Bojin. "I guess a regular Pina Colada then."

He gave me a smirk before leaving to get our drinks.

After our second round of drinks I was thrumming with energy so much that I hauled Solomon out of his seat and practically dragged him to the dance floor. People did that parting of the sea again when we walked by until we were directly in the middle of the floor and were surrounded by bodies.

I can't, or maybe thats won't, dance when I'm at a friend's and only a few people are dancing.
I just feel weird. But when I'm at a club and drowning pulsing bodies, I go wild. I told Solomon this because I didn't want anything to go to his head and have him thinking I want to jump into bed with him, I'm just here to have a good time and he understood that.

Even though he was huge and so much taller than me he was a pretty good dance partner. We'd gone from dancing innocently, to grinding, to jumping around, to just plain funny moves to make each other laugh.

We were currently doing the robot. I don't know how I was managing to keep a serious face off my face.

We both stopped when Thraxx came through the crowd and up next to Solomon and said something that was lost to me in the loud music. Solomon said something back, clapped him on the shoulder and headed into the crowd.

I, dancing normally now, moved closer and gave Thraxx a confused look.

He smiled, "Someone wanted to challenge him. No one can hold their liquor like him."

My lips formed in an 'o' of understanding and then smiled.

"Hope your a good dancer." I challenged.

His eyes lit up with a dark fire.

Suddenly I felt like the bird caught in the eyes of the snake.

Several songs passed as we sized each other up and slowly made our way into each other's arms. He was a great dancer, way better than Solomon. The tempo in the music picked up and I started pulling wild movements that caused our hips to meet and our chest's to slide against each other. I rested my forehead against the curve of his neck for a second before I spun out of his hold and gave him a playful smile.

Dancing against someone is great, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I just need room to move.

Closing my eyes and tilting my head up I began to loose myself in the feel of the crowd. Hands smoothed around my middle and pulled my back into a chest. I didn't stop dancing but I flicked my eyes open and saw Thraxx glaring over my shoulder and the hands on my stomach moved to close over my breast and squeezed.

Thraxx took a hostile step forward before I looked at him from under my lashes and flashed a smile at him. I saw his eyes widened before I danced around in the arms that held me and smiled devilishly up at the guy. He smiled down at me, flashing fangs, and ran his hands down my back.

"Mmm" I hummed as I slide my hands slowly up his chest, swirling my fingers over his definitions. I rose up on my tip toes to place my lips just a hairline away from his, "Touch me like that again," I spoke breathlessly as I arched into him, my hands curving over his shoulders and tickling up his neck as my lips skimmed their way over his cheek to hover beside his ear. I panted a couple of hot breaths against his ear as his hands moved back up my body but before they reached my chest again I sank my nails around his wind pipe, "And I'll rip your throat out." I growled.

His hands stilled as my words sank into his mind.

He took a step back and I stretched out my arm to follow him, still holding his wind pipe. I let an angry little smile curve my lips as he raised his hands up in a surrender before I pushed him away from me with the hand I had on his throat.

I watched him disappear into the crowd before I finally turned back to Thraxx. Who I might say was looking a little stunned. I laughed and threw my arms around his shoulders and started dancing again.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I know going to a club can be a little cliche, but I tried for it not to be. I just needed to get them out of the house *wink*

Also it took me this long to update because; 1st I was too hyper to concentrate on my story when Breaking dawn was coming out, 2nd because it took me 24 hours to read Breaking Dawn, and 3rd because I was basking in the aftermath of Breaking Dawn.

lol

But thanks for waiting for me, I really do love you guys, you all make me smile
;o)

That's my favorite face, lol.