Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

Blazing Lights

A couple of hours later we all decided it was time to head home. Thraxx helped a sloshed Lyer, while I helped a tipsy Solomon, into the backseat of his car. I blew out a tired sigh as I closed the door and pulled the passenger seat open to slide in. Thraxx slid in next to me and put the keys into the ignition. The radio popped on when the car started and Lyer started belting out drunken slurs that I assumed were the lyrics to the song. Thraxx blew out a sigh himself as he pulled out of the lot.

Solomon rubbed his forehead, "Dear God, Lyer, Your killing me."

Lyer oblivious to everything kept singing.

I slumped down in my seat until I was practically lying down and rested my temple against the cold window to help my growing headache. I'd a couple more drinks and was feeling the buzz now. A new song came on and gave a loud rift on the guitar that make us all cringe in pain. Thraxx quickly changed the channel and turned the volume down.

5 miles later Lyer was passed out on Solomon, drooling on his shoulder, while Solomon was leaning his head back and staring at the roof of the car. Thraxx was speeding and I had the feeling it was so he'd get back to the house before anyone decided to empty their stomachs in his car.

I lifted my head to look out the window and watch us swerve expertly in and out of traffic. I squinted my eyes to make sure I was seeing it right before slumping back down and rolling my head around to look at Thraxx.

"How are you doing that?" I asked weakly.

He slid his eyes towards me for a moment before returning them to the road, "Doing what?"

"Driving like this. I know you drank a lot but your driving really well."

"I'm not a light weight." He shrugged.

Implying that I was.

But I'd save that fight for when my head landed.

"Uhn, so, how much farther?"

"We're right around the corner from the main gate."

I placed my temple back on the window, ending the conversation. I needed sleep.

True to his word two turns later we were in front of the gate where Thraxx leaned out the window to punch in the code. I don't know how I thought of it but I'd just realized that no one had ever told me the code to the gate. I'd have to ask someone later, most likely Edgar. Hmm, Edgar. I haven't seen him in a while.

I zoned out for most of the way down the drive to the house. out of the corner of my eye the house started it's slow ascend upwards and it was blazing with light. I turned my head to look at it. It looked like every light in the place was on. Was no one sleeping? I jolted up in my seat as my skin crawled, causing Thraxx to flick his eyes to me. It was coming from all around us.

"Something's wrong." I stated.

"What?" Thraxx asked.

I didn't answer him, too busy looking out every window of the car. Then I saw something from my right fly forwards, past us.

"What the hell is that!" I shrieked, watching it fly towards the house.

Before anyone could answer me I could see more flying things, coming from every direction, head toward the house. I jerked back as one flew low, right over us, got caught in the headlights and then veered out of our way. Holy crap! It couldn't be.

"Was that a Vampire?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes." Thraxx said, his finger's gripping the wheel harder and I felt the speed pick up as he rammed his foot to the floor.

"What the hell, no one said Vampire's could fly! Why didn't anyone tell me that? Is this an attack?" I was panicking, but only slightly. I mean come on, this was my first day, you would be too.

"No, Those are our Vampires. But your right, something is wrong."

I blew out a breathe that I didn't know I was holding and sagged back in my seat.

"Oh," I said, before something came back to me, "Vampires can fly? I thought that was just a myth. You know like the garlic thing."

"Not every Vampire can fly. It's a gift for the extremely old. It's very hard to learn."

Thraxx pulled the car to a stop right in front of the front steps, turned around in his seat and whacked Lyer on the upper arm. He bolted upright and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"What?" he asked.

"Solomon," He called and Solomon's head snapped up to look at him, "Where here, something's wrong."

We all piled out of the car and hurried up the steps. Well, Thraxx and I did, Solomon had a hand encircling Lyer's arm and was pulling his sluggish friend behind him.

Edgar was in the front room, standing to the right of Vaunders. The feeling in the room was tense and I rubbed my arms to try and rid the goosebumps.

Everyone looked at Thraxx as we entered.

"What happened?"

All eyes turned to Vaunders.

Vaunders cleared his throat, "There's been a murder."

Guess I wasn't going to get my sleep afterall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger, lol

Oh and thanks for that third star!!!!!

It's short, I know but I'm really feeling down. My best guy friend is moving upstate with his girlfriend, whom I don't particularly like, and that means I won't get to see him everyday like usual. He's more like a brother to me and he's leaving on Friday. So forgive me if I'm not in a writing mood, I'll be having a pity party with my friends.

But on a lighter note, I hope the last of everyone's summer is being kick ass! I start college soon, ep!