Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

Alpha boy

Stretching out all the sleep-ridden bones in my body, I let out an enormous yawn and smiled. Surrounded by my pillows and comfy comforter I looked at the clock. 12:45. looks like Thraxx is a man of his word. I chuckled at the look on his face when I got to the door first. It should be in one of those Priceless commercials.

Thraxx is raw muscle and really thought he would win with no trouble. But muscle is heavy and can be one's greatest downfall. I'm short and have way less muscle than him. And just because he has longer legs than I means squat! I gloated the whole time we were eating. Alpha boy had been taken down a notch.

I stayed in bed another five minutes reliving last night before I decided to pamper myself a bit with a hot bubble bath. Yeah, I take bubble baths. They are extremely restful and relieve aches, pains, and stress.

Leaving my discarded clothes on the floor I stepped into the tub. settling down into the steaming water I pulled my hair up into a bun and rested my shoulders on the back, slipping down until only my head was out of water. The steam curled over my face and I relaxed every muscle in my body, slowly closing my eyes.

Henry Randal's lifeless face was burned into the back of my eyelids. I jerked upright, sloshing some water over the lip of the tub, and caught my breathe. Brushing him out of my mind quickly, I blew out a sigh and laid back. His face flashed through my mind when I closed my eyes again, causing my to wince. I rose and stepped out of the tub, grabbed a towel and wrapped myself in it. I wouldn't be able to relax now. Now questions were going through my head about Henry Randal that I had to ask.

On my way to the closet I could hear footsteps stop outside my door right before the knock.

"Hold on." I called.

I opened the closet door and swapped my towel for a long robe and tied the sash at my waist. Closing the door I turned and walked over to my door and opened it.

"Yes?" I asked Thraxx.

His eyes traveled the length of my body, staying a little too long for my liking at the sash, before returning to my face.

"Time for training." He said.

I turned my head over my shoulder to look at my clock. 1:04.

I turned back to Thraxx, "I still have 56 minutes."

He shook his head, "The bet was that I let you sleep in until two. Your up before two. You broke the bet so that means things go back to normal."

I stared at him. He had to be kidding.
"Has anyone told you your a very sore loser?"

The corners of his mouth twitched a bit before he pressed his lips together.

Ha! Someone had.

"We both know your being petty, so I'm going to close the door and get dressed."

I closed the door on his response.

"That was childish!" He yelled through the door.

I smiled. Maybe, but I'm not the one yelling through doors.

I decided on a loose black Tee with silver threading and a pair of washed out jeans. I brushed my hair until it was smooth and pulled it back loosely, letting my bangs fall out and frame my face. I applied eyeliner and declared myself ready for the day.

Thraxx was leaning on the wall opposite my door when I opened it. I didn't say anything to him as I closed the door and headed to the stairs. I heard him push off the wall and tread silently up to my back, following me down the stairs. I through him a questioning look over my shoulders. He was practically breathing on me. He didn't say anything so I quickened my steps a bit and he didn't get close again.

As we descended the stairs it seemed as if every room we passed suddenly became quiet. Laughter stopped, t.v.'s were muted, the groaning of chairs and couches stilled. It made my back stiffen in alert, as if they were all watching me even though they couldn't see me.

When I stepped off the stairs and walked through the living room to get to the kitchen I knew something was up. The room was filled with Werewolves who all froze in what they were doing and turned to look at me. I couldn't even say 'us' because no one was looking at Thraxx. Of that I saw certain. It made me stop in my tracks and stare back. There were looks of questioning, amusement, caution, and joy. It all confused me.

When they kept staring instead of going back to what they were doing, which I thought they would after a minute, I leaned back and whispered over my shoulder at Thraxx.

"Why is everyone staring at me?"

Thraxx shifted behind me and it was like he'd flipped their switch, everyone looked away and busied themselves.

"Whose staring?" He asked innocently.

I turned and shot him a look. "I'm not stupid enough to fall for that. Tell me."

"Later, It's not important. Aren't you hungry?" He asked then walked past me to the kitchen.

I stayed where I stood for a moment to see if anyone was going to stare at me again. When no one did I continued on to the kitchen with my confusion and a little annoyance.

"Okay," I said as I sat down next to Thraxx at the breakfast bar, "Explain."

He looked at me with a blank face.

"Don't pull that with me." My annoyance was growing.

"Look," He sighed. "I don't want to worry you, okay?"

Whenever anyone says that my worry steps up a notch.

"Not okay. That just makes me worry more than I was already. Now you have to tell me."

He looked like he was debating it. or maybe just how much to tell me.

"I informed the pack of your decision last night."

A maid came over and placed two plates of food in front of us. I guess Thraxx had ordered for us both.

"And?" I pushed him as the maid walked away.

"And," He said too easily, "They're just taking stock of their new pack mate." He took a bite off his fork.

I narrowed my eyes at him and waited for him to look at me. When I did my look turned deadly.

"What else?" There had to be more.

His look turned just as deadly. His Alpha raising to my challenging look.

"I said you don't need to worry about it." His voice holding his command for me to drop it.

"I'm not in your pack yet, Thraxx, and if you keep this up maybe I just won't join and take my chances." I said, standing up.

He got up with me, his body tensing, the muscle in his jaw leapt.

"You already agreed that you would. You can't go back on it now." His eyes burned.

"The hell I can't!" I almost yelled indignantly, "The full moon hasn't rose yet. I still have time to leave."

"You can't leave." He spat out. The kitchen got quiet, the staff trying to make as little noise as possible so as not to draw attention to them when the Alpha was getting mad.

"Then tell me what's going on. Tell me why everyone is acting so weird. Why your acting so weird right now." I spat back.

He through out his arm wildly, pointing to the door, "They were sizing you up, okay? Sizing you up to see if they wanted to go after you once you joined the pack. They want to know if your worth getting into a fight with their friends to have you."

Ice slid down my spine.

"You said that joining the pack would protect me from that. You said they would leave me alone. So you lied about that?" My anger leaking out in each word.

"No!" He shouted. "No one will of touch you when you join the pack. It's just how things are. They'll fight because that's what is in their blood to do when an available female is near by. But you have the veto right. You can turn any and everyone of them down and they can't touch you."

I stepped back shaking my head, "I don't know if I can believe you."

He stepped forward and reached out to me with his hand as if to keep me there. I shook my head harder and kept walking backwards to the door.

"Don't touch me." I said, then pushed the door open and left.

I heard a plate smash on the floor and a door slam from inside the kitchen as I walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thraxx finally shows his Alpha side.
What did you all think?
Thanks for the fifth star for this story.

Check out my other story and tell me how you like it, please.