Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

Movie Night

Four hours later Thraxx and I were sprawled across my bed, side by side, watching The Thomas Crown Affair. Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo are brilliant together in this movie. Still don't know what she is drinking though, but maybe I don't want to know what it is when it's that color. A kitchen worker had brought us steaks for dinner and an ice cream cart for dessert. Yeah, I was thrilled. There were the three main flavors plus syrups and sprinkles. They left us with a bowl of popcorn, which was now in front of us and half gone.

Though The Thomas Crown Affair is one of my most recommended movies, I was still a little peeved about earlier. Coming up with several brutal ways to neuter a Werewolf while they were awake in my mind.

Thraxx leaned over and tapped his shoulder against mine.

"Stop." He said.

I gave him a confused look, "Stop what?"

"Pouting."

I scowled at him, "I have a right to pout if I want to. If you were a woman and had your bra and panties stolen by a guy, that you didn't know, who paraded them around to a group of men, who live in the same place you do, you'd be plenty pissed right now too. You'd be embarrassed and want to hide in your room but won't because then they'll just talk more. You'd want to just kick that guy's butt, tie him to a tree wearing nothing but your thong and claim it isn't yours, then call a group meeting outside."

"Do you feel better now?" He asked, his eyes light but his mouth didn't curve. Smart man not to smile.

"Maybe." I hedged, pouting a little.

"Do you need more ice cream?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "You know, just because I'm a girl doesn't mean ice cream will make everything alright and put me in a better mood."

"Right," He said, "That would be chocolate."

I pressed my lips together hard, but it didn't help. My lips still twitched up at the corners.

He lowered his head so we were eye level and smiled at me.

"Come on, let it out. You'll feel better."

I shook my head, clamping down on my tongue so my laughter wouldn't slip out.

He nudged my shoulder again, "Come on. Laughing is better than having to see that guy's hairy butt in one of your thongs."

That brought on a mental image and I collapsed with laughter, leaning on Thraxx's shoulder. I laughed for a full minute, ending up rolling on my back because my stomach was hurting. I stopped laughing and sighed with a little contented purr at the end. He was right, laughing was better.

"Thanks, that did make me feel better." I smiled up at him.

He smiled down at me, eyes blazing. Everything changed then. There was an awareness in the air. Our smiles slipped from our lips. His presence surrounding, tempting, something to get lost in. I felt my eyes darken with it and saw him watch them before his turned dark with emotion as well. His brilliant green his heated and swirled with it. I involuntarily licked my lips and saw his eyes flash to my mouth. They slowly trail back up my face and met my eyes again.

My heart started pounding faster as he lowered his head and his lips sealed over mine. His lips were so warm and soft. They felt like silk really. Warm silk. When they started to move slowly, mine moved with them. I lifted my hand to his neck, trailing my fingertips up and over his cheek and slide through his soft hair. He shifted, placed a hand on the bad on both sides of my face and slid his body over mine. A thrill seared down my body and woke up every last nerve. I grabbed the back of his head and pressed my lips harder against his. His lips parted, his tongue sliding across my lips. My lips followed his lead and parted, letting his tongue slip in to mingle with mine. I was breathless. This felt like the most perfect thing in the world. The most right thing I've ever done in my life.

My heart was in heaven.

Thats all I can think of to describe the feeling. My heart was in heaven and my body was in bliss. His leg slipped between mine and one of his hands trailed down my body, fingers splayed and electrifying.

But, of course, just because the body is willing doesn't always mean the mind is amenable.

I took my hand out of his hair and pressed against his chest, my body becoming rigid. He noticed the change and slowly lifted his lips off mine and leaned back to hover over me. I'm sure my eyes showed their hesitation and confusion as he stared into them. He smiled at me, dipping his head to peck my lips sweetly, and rolled off me to lay on his back by my side.

"I've only been here for four days, Thraxx. I know it doesn't seem like it but I need to settle in a little more before I take that step." I would not apologize for how I felt.

"I know." His voice was husky, "Just let me calm down for a second."

We laid there in silence for awhile, our hearts slowing down.

I turned on my side to face him, "I really like you, Thraxx."

He smiled and looked at me, "Good to hear it, Me too." His fingertips brushed my hair back from my temple.

A thrill ran through me again and I smiled.

Something popped into my mind and I bit my lip.

"What?" He asked.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Anything." He said.

"Can you explain this whole mate thing to me? I mean, I understand that it's like going out with someone in Wolf terms, but is there more I should know?"

He laid back on his back again and blew out a heavy sigh.

"It's a lot more than 'going out'. If a pair mates, they become bonded together for life. In other words it's like a marriage that can never be separated by divorce. Usually a pair can tell who they'll be bonded too. Like the Wolf is trying to tell them. They'll want every part of the other. To cuddle with, talk with, be with but on a larger scale. It's like when they enter a room you get this feeling to run to them and make them happy."

Like how I felt like I should of ran to him the first time I saw him, I thought.

I didn't dare say that out loud, though.

"So the Wolf knows who I should be with and is trying to play matchmaker?"

"Basically."

"Meddlesome." I said, my voice light.

"Very." He laughed.

We were quiet after that. Each of us deep in our own thoughts.

Thraxx lifted his head and looked at my clock and laid back down.

"I should leave," He said after a minute, "We have to get up early tomorrow. Were back on guard duty."

I didn't want him to leave.

"Okay." I said, hoping my disappointment didn't slip into my words.

He turned his head to look at me. He looked like he didn't want to go either. He leaned into me and pressed a kiss to my forehead, the tip of my nose, and came to a stop on my lips and held the kiss for a moment before leaning back. He got off the bed and walked to the door.

"Good night, Marlee." He said, hand turning the door handle.

"Good night, Thraxx."

He stayed, staring at me a moment longer before he flashed a smile and left.

Blowing out a sigh I plopped my head back down on the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
EVERYONE READ THIS!

Knowing I am 18 and that, even though the rating of my story says for people 17 and older, I know a lot of my readers are under 17. Not that I'm scolding them for reading something rated over their age, because I did it too when I was 16 so I can't complain.

But I do feel obligated to tell the girls that just because your body is in bliss doesn't make it right for you to continue and let it lead you to do something that you won't be comfortable with after its too late. You have to have the will power and know when it's time to stop and say no. Know your limits and don't let anyone push you farther. And if they push you it's time to drop them because that just shows you they don't respect you and you don't need a relationship with someone who doesn't respect you.

And now for the guys that read this story. Be a gentleman. By all means, go after the girl you want. But if she pushes you away and says no, don't you dare make her feel guilty for it or try and push her farther. If anything you should respect her for it, because those are the ones that a guy should hold onto. Show them your respectful of them.

But now that I've said that, are you guys happy that they finally kissed?

I always feel weird writing scenes like this. Like I'm Dr. Ruth or an old lady who isn't getting any from her husband and has resorted to fantasizing. lol plus my computer is in the living room and my Dad's chair is right behind the computer chair and writing this kind of thing with him at my back makes me extremely red in the face and laugh at the weirdness of it.