Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

Awkwardly Silent Reminders

Forty five minutes later Solomon, Thraxx, and I were on my bed watching What Women Want. Solomon and I both needed some comedy after what had happened. Not that it stopped me from glancing to my left at him every couple of minutes to look at his nose to make sure it was actually healing as fast as Thraxx and Yuron had said.

"Really, Marlee," Solomon said as he caught me looking at his nose again, "It's healing perfectly fine. See?" He poked his nose, flattening the tip. "Doesn't even hurt."

I pouted a little before I realized it and sucked my lip back in. "Doesn't mean I don't feel responsible, because I did do it. I have to take care of you now, and there is no arguing that, it's embedded into me to. You can thank my mom for that." I informed him.

"It's not that I don't appreciate it." He said, "But your freaking me out by staring at me."

"Why would that freak you out? I thought only girls freaked out when a guy stared at their face. You can't possibly think you've got something on your face," I said, "Other than a nose that I broke."

He groaned in frustration.

"Just watch the movie, Marlee."

I crossed my arms over my stomach and turned back to watch Mel waxing for the second time. Around the time that he's dancing in the mall I slid my eyes under my lashes to peek out the corner of my eye.

"MARLEE!" Solomon yelled, laughing.

"What? I told you I couldn't help it!"

Chuckling sounded from my right. I turned and met Thraxx's laughing eyes.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He didn't even try to hide his smile.

"Your acting like an overprotective mother hen." He said.

"More like an Alpha." Solomon muttered under his breath.

Whipping around I pinned him with a wide-eyed surprise look. He froze, looking back and forth between Thraxx and I. No body moved.

"Uh, I thought, you know." Solomon gestured to Thraxx and I. "Sorry."

I looked back at Thraxx briefly before quickly training my eyes firmly on the T.V.

"Oh, look." I said, over exaggerating, "Mel is looking down Helen's shirt."

We descended into an awkward silence as we continued to watch the rest of the movie. I took notice of how close Thraxx was to me and, I'm sure my imagination was running with what Solomon had said, but I could feel the heat from Thraxx's body. Resulting in my body becoming aware of his. I had this urge to squirm in my spot and wanted to sigh in frustration.

As Mel was telling the coffee shop girl that he was gay so that she'd feel better Thraxx leaned into my side, his lips next to my ear. My body hummed in anticipation.

"Relax." He whispered as heat spread over me, "He doesn't know how it is and just assumed. You know what they say about that."

I nodded. He leaned back and slid his hand over mine, smoothing his fingers along the back of it.

I did know what they said about assuming but something about what he said now occupied my thoughts. How was it? Between Thraxx and I, I mean. Yes, we've kissed a couple of times, amazing world disappearing kisses, but nothing else. I felt comfortable with him and whenever he was around my Wolf reacted, but she'd done that since day one. We hadn't talked about it at all and really, all I wanted to do right now was kick Solomon out and snuggle with Thraxx. When had I become clingy?

Instead of cuddling up against his side I turned the hand he was playing with over and teased back. It was like a sigh admitted through the room, everyone had been holding their breathe, waiting to see what I'd do.

With everyone back to normal and no more underlying awkwardness we watched the rest of the movie with smiles on our faces. Solomon raised his hands over his head and stretched, his whole body shaking before it relaxed into bonelessness.

He sucked in a deep breathe, "Well, I should go get ready for tonight."

I turned to him and smiled, "What, got yourself a date, do you?" I teased lightly.

"No." He drew out the word and quirked an eyebrow at me, like he was expecting something from me. Thraxx's hand stilled in mine.

I gave him a questioning look, "Clubbing?" I asked.

"No." He said again, "Tonight. . you know. . ." And he howled.

I heard my breathe rush out of me like I'd been punched in the stomach. A feeling close to dread settled over me and I just laid there, mouth agape, eyes wide, and eyebrows shot up.

His eyes grew wide with mine as he realized that I had forgotten and darted a look over my head to Thraxx. He paled.

My lungs screamed at me and I quickly remained breathing. My heart was furiously beating. How could I have forgotten about the Full Moon? I wanted to smack myself in the forehead. That awkward silence had made a repeat appearance.

"Marlee?" Solomon broke it, flicking another look over my head.

"Yeah." I said, "Yeah. I just forgot." I sighed, "It just took me by surprise is all, I'm fine now."

"Are you sure?" Thraxx asked.

I nodded, rolling on my side to look at him so he'd see that it was true.

I bit my lower lip, "But, uh, could I ask you something?"

"Anything." He said, reminding me of the first time we kissed.

"What exactly do I have to do tonight to join your pack? Is there some kind of test to show my loyalty?"

He shook his head, "No test. You just have to eat a piece of the Pack and let everyone smell you so they can identify your scent."

I gave him a worried look, "Eat a piece of the Pack?" I reiterated, "Exactly what part?"

He raised his arm.

It took me a second to realized what that meant.

"I have to eat your arm?" My voice rose an octave in bewilderment.

Solomon made a gagging sound behind me that suspiciously sounded like covered laughter. I ignored him but Thraxx shot a hot look over my head.

Thraxx sighed softly, a patient smile. "Your not going to eat my arm. Your just going to take a little bite out of it. It's how the Pack is connected. Through blood and flesh."

"Don't worry, Marlee. Thraxx is tasty." Solomon added.

I turned toward him in surprise. My lips twitched in amusement. Did he realize what he had just said and how it could be misconstrued? I couldn't hold it in. I laughed, arms holding my stomach as I curled into the fetal position.

"Uh, thanks?" Thraxx said.

Solomon's face heated in embarrassment and I laughed harder.

"I'm sorry." I gasped out.

"Well, then cut it out." He whined, pushing my arm.

I swallowed my laughter and took a couple of seconds to compose myself before smiling at him.

"Thanks, I needed that." I said.

"Anytime." He said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Thraxx wrapped a pleasantly heavy arm over my own, that were still hugging my stomach, pulled my into him and placed his head against the nape of my neck, quickly catching my attention.

"So, your going to be okay tonight?" He asked, his words warming my skin and raising goosebumps.

"Yeah." I said, "A little apprehensive about eating your arm." I made a face. "But I'll be fine." I hoped.

"A lot of Wolves don't like that part about the ceremony, but when your in Wolf form your Wolf will make it easy for you."

I clung onto that bit of information. Silently telling my Wolf that she'd have to help me tonight. I felt her brush against my insides, warming me with her soft fur. I mentally sighed. She'd help.

I smiled, "Good." and pulled his arm closer around me, making me feel more secure.

Solomon rolled up and off my bed, "That's my cue to exit Stage Right. See you guys in a couple of hours."

"Bye Solomon." I said as Thraxx bid his good bye also.

Solomon quietly closed the door behind him, leaving Thraxx and I together on the bed. He snuggled in closer against my back, tucking my head under his chin.

Huh, I wasn't the only one who'd become clingy.

I smiled to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I was feeling a little sappy.
I have 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift on repeat.
Plus I'm a girl, We have those kind of moments no matter how unromantic we act at times.
But with this chapter done I need some 'Hysteria' to balance me out.