Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

The Hunt

Thraxx pushed my shoulder with his nose, nudging me toward the stairs. I went willingly, eagerly. Nikoli was already descending the steps and I followed him. Thraxx came down last and pushed his way to the front of us all, whined and ran into the trees. Everyone took off at once. Mad confusion that eased out into unified movements.

I could feel everyones next move as if it were my own. Their breath, mine and their soul apart of mine. One unit, one group, one Pack. Thraxx howled again, signaling to the rest of us that prey had been spotted and was on the run.

We all sped up to try and catch up to him. I lengthened my run, stretching out as far as my body would allow and put on a burst of speed. I spotted Nikoli and ran up beside him, surpassing him and heading towards the area of Thraxx's last howl. Nikoli growled behind me. Thraxx wasn't too far ahead. I could see him, right on the tail of a large buck.

My lips drew back into a wolfish grin as my sights narrowed down onto the prey. I came closer and closer to it until I was right at Thraxx's heals. Thraxx lunged at the buck and latched onto it's left thigh, pushing his paws down into the dirt in an attempt to slow it down. I surged forward and leaped onto it's back, teeth and claws bury into it's skin. The buck's head swung around, aiming it's rack towards me. Nikoli caught it's neck, stopping the buck from killing me.

The buck stumbled and slammed into the ground. Nikoli quickly snapped it's neck before it could put up a fight and it's whole body went limp. Thraxx and I released our hold on the buck and stood up. Announcing our kill with another howl answering howls emitted from all over. They were now free to hunt on their own. The first kill had been made.

Nikoli and I stepped back to allow Thraxx first pickings. He tore the buck's stomach open and started eating. Nikoli and I waiting for him to finish the best parts before we'd move in and see if Thraxx would allow us to feed. Nikoli approached him first, being second in the Pack, lowered his head and whined. Beseeching his Alpha.

Thraxx made no hostile moves toward him or had even stopped eating. Nikoli stepped up on the other side of the Buck and lowered his head to take a bite. Thraxx whipped his head up, growling, and bite his nose. Nikoli jerked his head back and whined again. Thraxx's body tensed and he was still growling. Nikoli took a step back and Thraxx's growled subsided.

Thraxx looked over his shoulder at me and caught my eye. He stared at me for a moment before turning back to continue to eat. My forehead crinkled in confusion. Nikoli was looking at me with hostile eyes. I stepped up beside Thraxx, head lowered and whining. He took a step to the side, giving me room. I glanced up at Nikoli before lowering my head and tearing a bite off.

I had taken three more bites before Thraxx raised his head and met Nikoli's eyes, inviting him to join in. Nikoli stepped back up to the Buck and plunged his muzzle in the meat. Between the three of us it took 10 minutes for the buck to be consumed.

Nikoli licked his lips to clean away the blood. He met Thraxx's eyes before melting away into the trees to leave Thraxx and I alone. Alls well. I get tense around him. I'm just thankful I haven't had to run into him by myself. Well, that is besides the other night. He didn't even seen me. So, it doesn't count.

Facing Thraxx any thoughts of Nikoli turned to dust and were vacuumed up. My Wolf was antsy and very happy that Thraxx was so close. I trotted up to his side, his eyes watching my every move. My lips swept back in a wolfish grin. His eyes sparkled with laughter. I tensed my back legs in preparation before stretching out my neck and biting his ear. Once I had his full attention I took off into the trees.

My Wolf was alight with playfulness and so was I. Thraxx was hot on my heels, snapping at my tail. I swished it and slapped him in the face. He jerked his head back in momentary surprise and sped up. I pulled a sudden turn to the left and heard him skid as he changed directions too. Zig zagging through the trees felt sort of like bouncing from side to side and I was loving it.

There was a river ahead. I could hear the water running slowly. Distantly I wondered how far away from the Clearing and the house we were, but it didn't really matter. My Wolf and I had only a single thing on our minds. Playing. I broke through the trees and onto the bank of the river. Slowing down so that Thraxx could get closer I planned my next move. Pivoting so that my right side faced Thraxx I dropped down, nails digging in to hold me in place. This was going to hurt a bit but it'd be worth it.

Thraxx, who was practically running on my back paws, rammed into my side and stumbled over me and right into the river. Ignoring the dull ache in my side I stood and watch him pop his head out of the water. He had a disbelieving look etched over his face. I made a chortling sound. The best laugh I could make in Wolf form.

He stood up and shook himself off, glared at me, and gave a low threatening growl. I gave a patronizing growl back at him. He shot out of the water and rammed into me a second time, pinning my still chortling self to the ground.

He licked and nipped gently at my face and neck. I scrunched up my muzzled and nipped back before twisting onto my stomach. He stepped to the side of me and settled down on my left, aligning our sides together. He laid his head on my paw and I began to lick his wet fur, smiling inside.

Thraxx wagged his tail in happiness and mine struck up too. It was a very tender moment between us but my Wolf wouldn't sit still. She became so jittery that I nudged Thraxx's head twice and got up. I started running along the bank, unwilling to leave. I heard Thraxx get up and rush after me.

He brushed by me to cut me off, crouching down before me to draw my attention to him. Ever silent as he stared with eyes so torrid I felt an answering heat rise up in me. There was a time stopping moment, where we both knew we were about to fall off the cliff, and then we both started Changing at the same time. Thraxx waited restlessly for me to finish before grabbing me to him, molding us together, and fasten our lips. I made a deep sound of my accession in my throat without thought. Thraxx lent into me, forcing me backwards and onto the ground. That we were naked proclaimed in my mind as he settled his body over mine, but was quickly shushed when his tongue passed my lips.

My fingers tangled in his hair as his curls coiled around them, pulling him closer to me. His hand warmed over my upper arm and shoulder to smooth behind my neck, holding my in place. Wasn't it just yesterday that I said I wanted to wait? No objections rose up from me or my mind this time. Though that might of had something to do with my Wolf, who was howling happily deep inside of me, her excitement evident. I swear there was another howl that was entwining with hers. Two voices announcing there homecoming.

My hand played down his back, memorizing every indent and bunch of muscle. I contorted, raising up, as his hand skimmed up my side and settled on my chest. I felt His groan start in his chest and make its way up through his throat as he prodded my knees apart and slide his between them.

Then there was a noise. Faint and barely there. Like the echo of a single rain drop amongst a downpour.

Simultaneously we stopped breathing, our bodies tensed in unison. Thraxx raised his head while I laid my head on the ground, staring into each others wide eyes, waiting. The air around us as thick as it's ever been. Goosebumps had already taken to their posts on my skin.

It sounded again. A rapid succession of the same blood stopping sound. Gunfire. And it was coming from the house.

Oh, my God.

We moved at the same time. Thraxx lifting himself off of me as I pushed at his chest. Thraxx brought forth my Wolf quicker than I've ever Changed before, leaving me a little stunned. His retreating tail into the trees brought me back in focus and I bolted after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this chapter. lol.
Exciting wasn't/isn't it? A little loving and a cliffhanger.
Oh, and it's exactly TWO WEEKS until the midnight release of Twilight.
Yup, I'm so camping outside my mall's theater the entire day on Thursday.