Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

Plans And Commands

My paws were pounding just as hard as my heart was. The gunfire had stopped and Thraxx, just a head of me, was a blur to my eyes. I was driving on pure instinct. Alert of which direction was the fastest way back to the house. Knew when to shift to the left or the right to avoid a tree or low branch. all that mattered is that I run like hell was chasing me and everything else disappeared.

Well, almost everything. While my body was running on instincts my mind was a group of frantic little people rushing to pull information together and make sense of it all. Who was at the house? Werewolves? Vampires? Who sent them? I'm almost positive I could take on any Werewolf who attacked me, but I really hoped it wasn't Vampires. Not the most courageous thing to think, yes. I just couldn't help it. I've never actually fought a Vampire. and assuredly not a Vampire on the attack. Werewolves, on the other hand, I have fought. Many times.

I was ticked that the first time Vaunders is under attack, I'm out running with the boys. Technically only one boy. How very unbodyguard like of me. I had to give it to whomever was at the house. They certainly knew when to make their move. When the Wolves were at bay. Their little stunt though was pissing me off. They'd caught me by surprise and Wolves do not react well to being caught with their pants down.

Running faster to reach Thraxx's side I was thankful I couldn't blush at how literal that statement had been. Thraxx and I were indeed caught pants down. Plus, all our other clothing. I shook my head, now was not the time to think about that. Later, definitely later.

Thraxx came to a halt mere feet from the opening of the trees. I could see the house from here. Dark, no lights on at all. Not even the emergency ones Thraxx had told me about. If I hadn't of been living there the last week or so I would of said that it looked looming and uninhabited.

Wolves came up on either side of us. All of the Wolves, each and every one tense and practically thrumming with the urge to hunt. Because this was a hunt, it was just a different kind of prey, and we were all waiting for the 'go' signal.

Thraxx Changed, unselfconscious of his nakedness while surrounded by a lot of men or maybe he was just used to it. Me, on the other hand, was not used to it and trained my eyes way above his waist and on his shoulders. No free shows for me. I'm not that shameless. Well, not yet anyways.

"Were all going to the underground garage first to get weapons and Coms. Half of you, the Subs and least dominants, will surround the house. You'll be heavily armed and staked out in the trees around the house. I want you to shoot and stop anyone who isn't Pack or Vaunders Kiss." Thraxx handed out his first order.

After the understanding nods he continued, "They're going to be waiting for us. I want the next fifteen least dominant to break down the front door and draw as many of them to you as possible. Shot up the place. The longer the gunfire goes on the greater chance that more will come. I want two teams of ten to come in from the both sides of the house and get behind them so you'll be able to take them out while their focus is in front of them. The rest of you will go through the back and up into levels second to sixth."

We all nodded and Thraxx waved us off. The Wolves moved as one, slipping back through the trees and towards the garage. I was a bit confused, I didn't know there was an underground garage and who was going to take the top floor? Vaunders was in his room when we left him before the Full Moon Ceremonies, wouldn't that be the first place to look for him? Damn being speechless in this Form.

The Wolves stopped when we were directly behind the garage, still in the trees, and waited for Thraxx, whom was still in Human form, to reach the head of the Pack once again. He knelt and grabbed something off the ground. It clinked and he grunted as he pulled and lifted a door up, gesturing for the Wolves to move. Three at a time, they rushed into the ground. I waited, eyes wide. Why wasn't I told of this tunnel? I'm Thraxx's partner damn it, that should mean I get the same security clearance as him! Oh, words were going to be had later.

When I was the only one left to go in Thraxx waved his hand toward the tunnel again. I gave him a glare but went. There were steps leading the way down and single light bulbs spotted the way for me. I heard Thraxx step into the tunnel behind me and silently lower the door back down. I looked over my shoulder and saw him lock it into place. He dusted off his hands as he walked down the remaining steps and placed his hand on my back when he reached me.

"Come on." Was all he said.

All of the Wolves were back in Human Form and in different stages of dress. At least they had their bits covered. Thraxx hurried us over to a wall of storage bins and pulled one open the one with his name on it, reaching in and pulling out clothes. He hastily dressed and pulled out black combat boots from his bin. I whined annoyed. Where was my bin?

Thraxx put his hand back on my back and led me to the other wall where everyone was stocking up on weapons. Guns, rifles, and extra ammo. The usual, but there were some things that I've never seen before. Thraxx clipped a belt with extra clips on it around his waist and slide a knife in each pocket. He pulled on and buckled into shoulder holsters and placed the correctly sized guns in them. Then he looped an arm with a what looked like a belt of grenades that were flat on one side. Half grenades? I tilted my head at him.

"They're sunlights. Pull the clip, throw them into a room, and if there are Vampires in there, it'll blind them. They have sensitive eyes towards light, Wolves do not. It gives us an advantage."

That explains the weird half grenades, but where were my clothes? I narrowed my eyes and nipped at his pants, tugging on them and trying not to think about the idiocy of it. Thraxx muttered a 'just a second' and I waited impatiently. He pulled on a Com headset that wrapped from one ear, behind his head, and onto the other ear. He gestured me further down the wall and pulled something off the shelf and plopped it onto my back.

I looked at it over my shoulder with confusion. What was it?

As if reading my mind Thraxx answered, "It's a K-9 vest. Your going in as a Wolf." He explained as he kneeled next to my side and fastened the vest onto me.

I nearly jerked back to growl at him, showing off my teeth for good measure. He couldn't be serious. No one else was going in as a Wolf. I was perfectly capable of going in Human as well. He was being ridiculous. I puffed out my breathe in response to his command.

He nudged me back towards the tunnel and started talking again as we were making our way through it again, "What did I tell you while I was training you? It'll be easier for you to fight in this Form against a Vampire. The vest protects you from any stray or intended bullets. Next time, if you've had more training against an actual Vamp, you can go in Human, but not this one. This one your sticking to me and were going in through the back door and take the back stairs to the top level."

The Subs had already exited the tunnel, going to set up in there places and wait. The group going through the front door did a crouched run towards the front door. Fortunately the shades were drawn and hopefully no one saw them approaching. Let's just hope no one heard them either. They split, half on one side of the door and the other half on the other side, crouched into the decorative shrubbery.

The two teams of ten each did that crouched run and rounded the house to claim their positions near the side doors. Thraxx turned on his Com unit and I could hear the faint sound of static coming from it.

"Give it a ten count, make sure that you know where they are in the room, and then head in." He directed to the front door group. He whispered the ten count and then in a slightly louder whisper gave the word. I could hear the sound of the front door being smashed in and instant gunfire.

I took a step forward, not wanting to be just standing there while everyone else was fighting. Thraxx grabbed my shoulder and gently squeezed. His silent gesture to stay where I was. He counted to twenty this time and then gave the 'go' for the two teams of ten. This time I couldn't hear the side doors being broken, but then again they weren't supposed to be heard when sneaking up from behind.

Thraxx counted to five before he released my shoulder and made his run toward the back door. I was right on his heels, instinctively knowing he'd pull me back if I stepped in front of him. Thraxx stopped and plastered himself to the side of the house, right next to the back window. Unlike the front of the house, unfortunately, the blinds weren't drawn. Thraxx crouched down further and peered in from the bottom corner, took it all in a glance and pulled away from the window before anyone saw him. He held up three fingers. Three men were inside waiting for us.

Thraxx crawled under the window and to the back door, me following crawling along on my belly. He stood back up when we both were clear of the window. He took ahold of both of the guns butts from the shoulder holsters and pulled them free. With in opened palm he told me to stay back while he cleared the room. I wrinkled my nose at him in frustration but he didn't see it. His focus was on the door.

Watching him take a silently steadying breathe I secretly took my own. There was no way I was letting him going in there without me. If I had to go in a Wolf while no one else had to I was going to go in at the same time with him. Stubbornness, maybe even stupidity, but true. Thraxx took one step back, blew out the breathe he'd taken, and kicked in the door.

I followed right after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
FROM MY PROFILE:
"I came home today(11/12) and found my dog amongst puddles of blood everywhere. We took him to the vet and They found a tumor on the roof of his mouth going up into his sinuses, making it hard for him to breathe. We had to put him down because the vet said he was in a lot of pain. He was 17 and a half years old. I'm 18, which means every memory I have has him in it. I'm going to finish my stories I promise just not any time soon."

Well as you can see I did actually get back to writing and updated this story. I'm just here to tell you all that I'm going to stick it out and finish this story. It's close to being done and it seems like a waste to quit when the end is in sight.

However, the next story I had intended to post after this one ended might take a bit