Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

Dealings

A few hours later. . .

A Vampire covered in many tiny scratches and black hair appeared in a Clearing where Wolves were feasting. His scent foretelling his arrival had all the wolves lifting their heads, their bodies thrumming with alertness. The last Wolf to raise his head slowly, sensually licked the blood from his muzzle, savoring the taste.

The Vampire made his way quickly the the edge of the Pack. The wolves stepped back, parting a path for him. The last Wolf started his Change in order to communicate with the black haired Vampire. The Vampire casted weary glances at the Pack while he stood in front of the Changing Wolf, waiting.

The Wolf now Man raised very sculpted arms above his head, clasped his hands together and stretched. Rotating his head once he met the Vampires eyes.

"Why are you here?" The man spoke.

"Denvin is dead. Nikoli, the second, killed him."

"What?" The man asked with deadly calm. The surrounding wolves fidgeted with agitation.

"Denvin failed, Alpha. Vaunders and Thraxx still live."

The Man growled. Low and with a promise of harm. The Wolves started a slow circling around the pair. The Vampire flinched back as one brushed past him.

"I ask for your protection, Alpha, until I can find another Master." The Vampire spoke.

"Why would I do that?" The man asked, casting a glance at the circling Wolves.

"Because I have some information I believe you'd want to know."

"Really." Was all the Man said.

The Vampire nodded his head.

"Tell me then."

"No," The Vampire said, "First you have to promise your word. the word of an Alpha."

The Man studied the Vampire for several growing minutes before nodding. "Very well. If your Information proves to be valuable I extend my protection to cover you as it covers my Pack."

The Vampire sighed, relaxing his tense shoulders. "Vaunders has a female Werewolf. She just joined Thraxx's Pack tonight."

All motion stopped. The Wolves ceased to move except to swing their gazes the Vampires way. Waiting for what would come next.

"A female?" The Man said. "How did they come across a female?"

"Edgar found her. She's hot. A very dominant thing, I was told."

The man smiled and looked the Vampire over, taking in his state.

"What happened to you?" The man inquired after the many small cuts over the Vampire's arms, neck, and face.

"I jumped through a window."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is me setting things up for a sequel if you didn't get that.

Truly done now.
but there is a next chapter that really isn't a chapter but I'd like you to look at it anyways.

THANK YOU!
to everyone who read this, as I was writing it or not, you still read it all the way to this point and that means A lot to me. Thanks for making me smile. I hope I returned the favor.