Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

First Encounters

Solomon Harrison turned out to be a 27 year old werewolf and a very submissive one at that. Though if you were human and you saw him you wouldn't think so. Solomon was built. Not crazy built like a body builder, but crazy enough to keep people from messing with him.

He drove us in a van, a van bigger than the one Edgar had driven, to my apartment to gather my things. Those muscles proved handy when it came to carrying everything out to the van. It probably took us under an hour to pack and load everything up and for me to call and tell my boss that I was making an unexpected move and had to quit. He didn't take it well. I was a little sad that I was leaving. My apartment has been my home for two years. I get attached to where I live. But I knew I'd be going to a bigger and better place.

Being around Solomon was great. I didn't have to keep my guard up all the time. He was happy with his submissive self and didn't try anything on me. It was greatly appreciated.
We're currently on our way back to Lord Vaunders' Place.

"Did you want to go through the drive-thru? Edgar told me you hadn't eaten yet."

My stomach grumbled at the thought of food.
"Yeah, I'm starving."

Solomon pulled into a Wendy's and ordered enough hamburgers for twenty people. When he only ordered 6 large cokes the cashier repeated our order back to us with a confused lit in his voice. Even I was looking shocked at how much he had ordered.

He saw me looking and shrugged it off, "What can I say werewolves need a lot of protein."

The food was all gone by the time we arrived at the gates. I tried compacting the bags so that a couple would fit into a single bag. It worked for the most part. We only had 3 bags to throw away now.

"So have you done any previous bodyguard work?" Solomon asked.

"...No" I said a little hesitantly.

He gave me a weird look.
"Never?"

"Never."

He laughed, but not like it was funny.

"Thraxx is going to love this." He emphasized the word 'Love'.

I gave him a confused look.
"Thraxx? Vaunders' other bodyguard?" I asked. Thraxx is a unique name, I remembered it from when Vaunders had said it earlier.

Solomon nodded as he pulled around to the back of the house, where he parked the van.
"Yeah, he's been here for three years now. Vaunders' only bodyguard." He smiled at me "Well, until now that is. But he's the alpha of the pack here, I don't think he'll like having someone else doing his job. He's extremely dominate."

"Wait," I said, hopping out of the truck, "I didn't know there was a pack here."

"Well yeah, I mean with all of the werewolves that are here there had to be some kind of order or we wouldn't be able to do our jobs. We'd be fighting too much." Solomon said, opening the back doors to the truck.

"So does me working here mean I have to join your pack?"

He shrugged. "It'd be safer for you. You'd get your spot in the pack and then those that are beneath your position won't bother you and then you'd only have to worry about the ones that are higher up than you." He toke a couple of boxes out of the back.

"Worry? What do you mean worry?" I asked, also taking some boxes out.

"Have you never been in a pack before?" He asked, glancing back at me as I followed him up the back steps.

"No."

"Your a female. Once the other werewolves in this place notice that your here, which won't take them long, they'll smell you, your mere presence will send them into a territorial rage. Even I am feeling the effects of you being here right now, but I'm not in my wolf form and I'm too submissive to try anything. I can tell your more dominate than me."

That set me back. I would be effecting them just by being here. I don't know if I could handle that. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all? Well, I'd soon find out.
That tingling feeling was back now as we entered the house. I hope I'd get used to that feeling, it was driving me nuts. I followed Solomon up a gorgeous marble set of stairs that felt like they went on for forever.

"Two more floors." Solomon informed me.

"Wow, getting all my stuff up here is going to tak-"

"Hey Solomon!" I heard a guy yell below us on the stairs.

Solomon stiffened and turned around to look down at the guy. I turned too.
The guy was grinning as he climbed up the stairs to where we were. He looked at me and smirked.

"Whose this?" He indicated me with a nod of his head.

"Jax, this is Marlee. Marlee, this is Jax."

Jax was the same height as Solomon but not nearly as big as Solomon was. He looked more like a swimmer type to me. Fit, sleek, and slim.

"You working here now?" Jax asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, just got hired."

"Come on Marlee, it's going to take us a while to get your stuff up here." Solomon said, making it obvious that he wanted to leave.

"Hold on Solomon. I can help Marlee get settled in here. You can go, just tell me which room she's being put in." Jax said, climbing up another step towards us. I was betting his wolf was more dominate than Solomon's was by the way he practically dismissed him.

Solomon shook his head and stepped down beside me. "No can do. Edgar told me I wasn't allowed to let anyone else do it. So we'll see you later," He nudged my arm with his elbow, "Come on Marlee."

I turned and started up the stairs. We didn't get far before Jax spoke again.

"Well, at least let me help carry some stuff. You just said it'd take you guys a while. More hands, less work." He took all of my boxes from me and started up the steps.

Seemed to me that Jax was trying to show off, which didn't impress me, but if I didn't have to carry that many boxes up all these stairs I wasn't going to say anything. Solomon shook his head and followed Jax with me trailing behind him.

"So which room is hers any ways?" Jax asked.

Solomon seemed hesitant to give him an answer. "The room beside Vaunders."

Tripping on the next step Jax nearly dropped my boxes but managed to catch himself. He turned to Solomon, eyes wide.

"What?"

Solomon obviously didn't want to answer. "I said the one beside Vaunders."

Jax narrowed his eyes at Solomon. "I heard what you said. Why is she being placed there?"

"That's the room Edgar told me to put her in."

Jax swung his narrowed eyed glance my way. "What kind of work are you going to be doing here?"

"Bodyguard." I said narrowing my eyes back at him. Instantly reacting to his anger. If I was in my wolf form my hackles would be raised.

His mouth dropped open.
"Vaunders' bodyguard?" He asked with astonishment.

I nodded.

He looked at Solomon for confirmation, which he did with a small nod.
"I.. don't... believe it." He said.

He surprised me by laughing. A full hearted laugh.

"Oh, this is too good. Your going to be Vaunders' bodyguard. Oh, I have got to tell the guys. That is hilarious. He wouldn't hire a female to be his bodyguard, he has Thraxx."

I didn't like that female comment. Women can do whatever they want too. Its just guys like this that make the world too blind to notice. I climbed up to where he was still laughing and wrenched my boxes out of his arms.

"Thanks for the offer but I think we can manage, you can leave now." My tone was very dismissive and a bit haughty.

He stopped laughing and his face grew into a snarl.
"No one tells me what to do, especially a female."

Oh, hell no. A ripple shot down my back. Solomon, whom was standing a couple steps down from us, saw it.

"Marlee" He said calmly, setting the boxes he was holding down on the stairs.

"What do you think you can do girl? Fight me?" Jax sneered.

A couple more ripples shot down my spine.

"You bet." It came out more of a growl than actual words. Then I changed, dropping my boxes on the stairs. As they toppled down the stairs I lunged for Jax.

We rolled together, entangled, down the stairs to the next floors landing. I sank my teeth into his shoulder and I could hear Solomon shouting at us. Jax growled and threw me off him. I landed half way down the hallway and snarled at him as I rose to my feet. He advanced towards me, starting to change into his wolf form. I ran at him, leaping to bite his neck. He swung his arm out, catching my in the shoulder, and sending me into the wall.

I crashed trough the wall and rolled a couple times before I hit something. I got up, shaking the debris from my fur as Jax, now in wolf form, came through the hole in the wall. He snarled at me as he lunged forward. We got entangled once again, biting each others snouts, paws, and legs. Faintly I noticed there was more yelling, more like cheering. Our back legs were kicking and scratching at each others bellies as we continued to roll around, knocking things over.

I detached myself from him and lunged at his throat. This time I managed to grab it. Once I had a hold of it though, I didn't let go for anything. Jax froze as I bit down harder, drawing blood. The room went silent, only the sound of Jax's and my heavy breathing were heard. I held him there for a few seconds before I bit down just a smidgen harder just to prove that he was at my mercy and let go, backing away from him. He rolled to his feet and backed away too.

Solomon was at my side trying to check if I had any wounds. I growled lightly at him, moving away. Looking around, we seemed to be in a game room. We'd smashed a couple of tables and the things the tables where holding. There was a crowd in the room too. About ten guys, all of them staring at me. My muscles tensed as, slowly, a look grew in all of their eyes. It wasn't a good look. Made me feel like they were looking at their dinner, except I knew that food wasn't on their minds. Lust, pure and simple lust.

"What's going on in here?"

I turned around.

A man stood in the doorway with power radiating off of him in waves. I was instantly drawn to him. His power made me want to go to him, be by his side, do anything for his attention. I shook my head as if I could shake those feelings off my coat like water. It made me angry that I even thought that, even worse that I wanted to do it. That was crazy.

"Thraxx." Solomon whispered, stunned.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there are a lot more readers (and subscribers) than I thought there would be.
I'd just like to say Thank You!
you guys are awesome.