Sequel: The Moonless Dark

How I Became A Werewolf Bodyguard

Discussions

Once we hit the kitchen I knew where Thraxx was leading us. Edgar's office. My stomach didn't growl as I passed through this time but the smells had my nose going. I could smell all the seasonings and vegetables they were cooking, and more importantly the meat. Yum.

But nose aside my attention was focused on Thraxx's back. I could tell from the strain in his back and shoulders that he was tense. As we continued down the hallway I looked over my furred shoulder to check on how Solomon was. He had fallen in line behind me back in the living room. Solomon dropped his eyes to the floor once he saw me looking but never faltered in his walk. He was perfectly at ease and I was kind of jealous that he could be like that. Guess there are some perks to being a submissive wolf after all.

Millions of insects raced through my fur and I quickly looked forward. Edgar was in his office and he wasn't alone. I whined softly but cut it off as soon as I realized that the sound had emitted from me. Thraxx hesitated only a second in his stride and looked at my over his shoulder. I was twitching again. I hate bugs!

Finally we came to a stop in front of Edgar's door but I couldn't stand still. My tail twitched, I kept shifting my weight between paws, and having Thraxx and Solomon stare down at me wasn't helping. Without thinking I scratched the door with my front paws quickly. The low mumble of voices inside stopped and there was a pause before the door swung open and Edgar was standing in the door way.

He took us all in with a glance and gave a tired sigh. Rubbing his forehead briefly he turned to go back in his office. Thraxx followed immediately and Solomon placed his hand on the door and ushered me in. I looked up at him and wagged my tail before he dropped his eyes again.

Inside the office the two chairs in front of Edgar's desk were taken by two Vampires whom had turned to see who was at the door. Edgar returned to his chair behind his desk and looked at the Vampire on the right.

"My apologies, Denvin, but it seems there is a matter I must address immediately. I will talk to you tomorrow."

Denvin who had been staring at me up until Edgar had spoken quickly nodded and rose from his seat. The other Vampire followed his lead and stood up also. The nodded to us in acknowledgment and quickly left the room, closing the door softly behind them.

"Have a seat." Edgar said once the Vampires footsteps had receded down the hall.

Thraxx took one but Solomon stayed standing. I looked at him puzzled. Why wasn't he sitting down? I walked over to him and nudged his leg with my nose towards the seat.

Edgar's voice held a hint of a smile, "I believe she wishes for you to sit." I yipped in agreement.

Solomon glanced down at me with unsure eyes. He was such a submissive. I nodded. He then looked at Thraxx who also gave a nod. Once everything was checked and cleared with the two more dominate wolves in the room Solomon sat. I sat on my hunches in between the two male wolves.

"So, what is it you would like to discuss with me." Edgar asked, though I'm pretty sure he already knew what this was about.

Thraxx leveled his glare at Edgar, "This wolf," He gestured to me with a wave of his hand, "I am told was recently hired. What is her job and why wasn't I informed of her arrival?"

Edgar nodded, "I brought her here on Lord Vaunders' request. He has met with Marlee and offered her a job as his Bodyguard. She has accepted his offer." He spoke slowly.

Thraxx tensed and groped the arms of the chair turning his knuckles white.

"Excuse me?" He said very quietly, "His bodyguard? You're mistaken. You meant grounds men."

Edgar turned to Solomon, "Have you been able to settle Ms. Hartley into her room, Solomon?"

Solomon shook his head.

"If you would finish that, that is all for today."

Solomon nodded as he stood and left the room with hurried steps.
Once the door closed Edgar's face fell serious, "Yes, Thraxx, Ms. Hartley has been hired as the Lord's second bodyguard. The Lord has also asked me to inform you that in addition to being his bodyguard you are now Ms. Hartley's counselor as it has been discovered that she has never had one."

Thraxx gave me a confused look then turned back to Edgar shaking his head.

"How old is she?"

"Three moons."

"What?," Thraxx shook his head, "Thats not possible. No one gains control of their wolf that quickly and especially a wolf that hasn't had a counselor."

"I think," Edgar started,"That that is precisely why the Lord wishes for their to be a counselor assigned to her. Just to make sure that she is in control."

"Why me though? There are other wolves that would be more suited for that kind of job."

"Thraxx," Edgar chided, "You are sitting just beside her. You can feel how dominate she is. It rivals your own."

"Does not." Thraxx argued a bit childishly, folding his arms over his chest.

Edgar didn't say anything, just shook his head.

"Besides she's new and female. She is also going to be your partner. She will need a little extra protection until she makes a spot for herself in the pack. Who better to help her then the pack's Alpha?"

Thraxx looked down at his lap, thinking for a moment before he looked at me.

"Change." He ordered.

I turned my head and made a sound I'm sure could be described as a 'humph' if I were in Human form. Edgar chuckled slightly.

"I don't think she is used to taking orders," He explained when Thraxx's face darkened, "Plus she likes privacy."

Thraxx grunted and turned his chair to face the wall Edgar smiled behind his back and faced his chair to the wall also.

"You can take the clothes out of the closet again."

Changing forms twice in one day was taking it's toll on Marlee, starting with taking even longer to change back and leaving her breathless and weak on the floor of Edgar's office.

Edgar tilted his head, "Are you alright Ms. Hartley?"

Marlee took a few deep breathes before answering in a semi normal tone, "Yes."

"If your sure."

She heaved up onto her two feet and made her way over to the closet and pulled the door open. Quickly finding a pair that seemed to be in her size range, she pulled them off their hangers and dressed. fixing her hair with her hands and straightening out her clothes she closed the closet door and took her seat in front of Edgar's desk.

"Okay." She said in a tired voice.

Both men moved there chairs back into there previous places and looked at her. She looked at Thraxx first, then at Edgar who had a concerned look on his face.

She smiled, trying to reassure him, "I haven't changed twice in one day before."

He nodded, "Now then, on a more formal basis Marlee this is Thraxx, the Packs Alpha. Thraxx this is Marlee, your new partner."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm bored and I need help!
since there is a whole ton of guys that you haven't met yet I need a load of guy names! cause after a few I kind of run out so suggest a name and it might be used.
P.S. the more original and less used names are my favorite!