Shadow Moon

Chapter 11: Blood! Amaya’s P.O.V.

I barley made it out of there, any long near Kitty’s blood and I would have attacked her and taken her blood. Hey I can’t help it I’m a vampire! Well if I don’t get blood soon I’m going to go crazy! I run down to the blood bank also know among humans as a Red Cross, somewhere that they do a blood drive. Places like that are run by vampires, half of the blood they obtain goes to us so we don’t have to bite people any more it’s easier and we don’t hurt as many people. However there are always those who still break the “rules” and feed on humans. Demon hunters usually kill those ones. I don’t much feel like being hunted.
I walk inside the hospital and to the elevator, and I press the basement button.
“ Mie! It’s been awhile! I knew it was you!” Jared bursts as the doors open. “You here for blood?” “ Yeah.” I grew up with Jared in the demon world we haven’t seen each other in 10 years! He’s a full demon.
“I need 3 pints. And fast.” I tell him.
“ Okay, we need to catch up Mie!”
“In this body I’m Amaya.”
“Yeah, human form huh, you look pretty cute like that but I like you real form best.” He hands me a bottle. I rip it outta his hands and tear it open and chug half the bottle. “Wow thirsty much?” “ It’s been a while.” “You better watch out, if you go too long you’ll attack some human. And we don’t wanna deal with that now do we?” “Ya well I almost attacked this girl today.”
“What! Who?”
“My roommate’s girlfriend.”
“Your roommate is dating a human?”
“Yeah he’s some halfy himself.”
“There are no halfys around here and I know most demons out here!… Wait Himself your living with some dude?”
“Well he’s a halfy… and yeah I’m living with some guy.”
“Mie do you even know what you’re getting yourself into?”
“Not really, but I can take care of myself.”
“What if some hunter comes after you?”
“They can’t. I haven’t done a thing wrong!”
“Oh Mie.”
“Listen I’m alright just trust me okay.” I tell him as I turn around and walk back to the elevator.