Status: Not Active, for now.

The Laws of Death No Longer Apply

Taken

Image

Tree’s flew by as I looked out the barred window of the back of an old, beat up van. I looked around the van. All my eyes made contact with was off-white padding and, what looked to be, dried blood stains. Not a good sign. I even surprised myself at how calm I’m being in this moment in time. Most people would be either a.) screaming their lungs out, beating the walls and going bonkers; b.) sobbing uncontrollably; or c.) having a nervous break down. But me, being rarely ever seen doing any of those things, am doing nothing but sitting; sitting and thinking. You see I’m a very closed up person. I’ve been hurt a lot in my short 15 years of being on this earth, more then anyone my age should be hurt. So, I built a wall that’s damn near impossible to break down, no matter how much muscle power you have.

Okay, you may be wondering why, on mother natures green earth, are my parents sending me to a loony bin (That’s what like to call it. Clever right? Eh not really). You see, the only things really medically wrong with me is my severe depression and my horrid insomnia. But my parents seem to think I’m crazy. So I see ghost’s! Big freakin’ whoop! There are famous people who have seen ghosts! Like that kid from that was in that one movie…..okay so I never did see the movie but I know the kid saw ghosts and said the line ‘I see dead people.’ He was accepted…right? Okay, he didn’t REALLY see dead people, but in the movie he did and his parents didn’t disown him! Right? Whatever. You know, sometimes I wish my life was like a movie, then I think about movies like ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ and the I take my wish back.

I could hear two of the weird men that dragged me out of my bed taking in the cabin of the van. Without their hoods they were even more creepy looking. They were paper white (literally, if you had them stand naked against a pure whit background, they’d be gone.) and you could see these weird blue veins popping out all over their faces and body. They were bald; not like ‘I shaved my head cause I’m cool like that’ bald, it was more like ‘I lost all my hair because I’m dying’ bald. They were talking to quietly for me to hear, increasing my boredom.

I turned to look back out the window and yelped, falling off the padded bench thingy I was sitting on. There, sitting by the window, was my ghostly brother in all his transparent glory. I bet you didn’t see this little turn in events to happen did ya? Yep! I had, or I guess in this case have, and older brother. He’s eighteen and has been that way for 2 years. He died in a car accident, and has been nagging, I mean, ‘protecting’ me ever since.

Don’t get me wrong I love my brother, its just that he’s away acting like that guy Morpheus from ‘The Matrix’; you know, the tall, bald, black dude? You know he never really ever gave Neo an actual answer, he made him run around the block a couple times before he told him? Yeah, that pisses me off to no end. Gish, I really gotta cut back on the movies.

My brother, Thomas, was frowning. Deeply. Very deeply. “Why are you in here?” he asked sounding concerned.

I was about to hit him back with a hilarious sarcastic comment when one of the creepy dudes decided to say something to me. Well, more like yell something at me.

“What’s going on back there?! Your not injured are you?! Master will have our heads if you are!” I looked up from my position on the floor of the van to see his scary glowing red eyes staring back into my pale grey ones.

I fake smiled. Briefly wondering who this guy was calling master and why. “Oh. Nothing much is going on pale man! I just got ripped out of my home, not to mention my beautiful, warm, fuzzy bed, by order of my parents, and probably your ‘master’! I’m on my way to a funny farm and I just fell on my tender ass! I’m just fucking great!” I said, well more like shouted, in one breath , smiling the entire time.

Creepy dude looked a little wigged out. Ah, sweet fear. “Yeah, well, okay, good!” And with that, the genius turned back around in his seat to face the front window in the van.

I sighed at his stupidity and stood up, the best I could in a moving vehicle, and sat next to my still frowning brother.
“Again, feel compelled to ask, what are you doing here? “ Thomas looked me straight in the eye.

I shot him a look. “Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that question?” I asked in a hushed tone.

“I’m here because you’re my baby sister. I love you and I was born to protect you.” Thomas took my hand in his and looked like the real big brother. He was the only one who cared. How extremely sad is it that only a ghost cares about me. Geeze, I’m pathetic .

I took my hand out of his grasp. I smiled a sad smile at him. “Thomas…your dead. I don’t think your duties as a brother should extend after death.” I sighed and looked out the window sadly. “You know, sometimes I think I’m the reason you can’t move on, the reason you can’t rest in peace.” A silent lone tear slid down my pink freckled cheek.

Thomas kneeled down in front of me an wiped the tear away with his thumb. His touch was cold, almost non-existent . I guess that’s what happens when you turn into a ghost.

“Cordeila, you are not holding me back from peace. I WANT to stay with you. You’re my pride and joy, you’re my sister. ” He said softly, yet forcefully. “ You are the most important thing to me and I will do anything in my power to protect you. I love you.” Thomas sighed and looked down. “ But obviously I’m not to good at my job.”

I stuck two fingers under his chin and made him look me in the eyes. ”You’ve done what you could do Thomas. Mom and dad can’t see you, or talk to you. You couldn’t possibly have shown them I’m not crazy.”

The van came to a halt. I sighed and let go of my brothers hand. “You should go. I’ll call for you when I’m alone again.”

Thomas hesitated, but nodded and disappeared.

The back doors opened blinding me with light, making me squint as the two creepy dude pulled me out of the back of the van.

Here comes the fun. Not.
♠ ♠ ♠
two posts! yay me!
thanks for reading! hope you enjoyed it!

xxxKelceexxx