I Thought the Jetset Life Was Gonna Kill Him

Cause I'm Your Biggest Fan

‘’Bryar! Play those drums!’’

The sound barley escaped my lips as I jumped and screamed in the mosh pit.
Lights flashed. Words sung. Drums hit. Guitar and bass chords strummed.
Every song – for one reason or another – a salty tear slithered down my now moist cheek; the mere songs were bringing me tears, as they did when I was at home. I had to try so hard to keep myself from breaking down with joy and amazement. I’d never get over how amazing this was.

This concert was my third My Chemical Romance concert in one year. I was a fan – a true fan. I wasn’t a teenie, or a fan girl that ‘’ttly luved dat hottay Gerald!1!!’’. I was a real, loyal, loving fan. And yes, did know the lead singer’s name was Gerard Way, not Gerald or Jerad. And I did know Gerard and Mikey were brothers.

‘’Torosaurus!’’ I screamed, extending my arm and pointing at the tall guy with the afro – whose name was Ray. And it was almost time for Ray’s amazing guitar solo in ‘’I’m Not Okay.’’

And then it happened; the moment that changed my life. It wasn’t the guitar solo, if that’s what you were thinking – despite how epic it was. As I jumped, yelled, screamed, cried, I felt a tap on my eblow that was resting on the bar – that bar was keeping everyone from jumping on stage.

A tall, well built security guard leaned over, his hand still on my elbow. Was he about to hit on me? Probably not. I doubt they’d hire pedophiles as security guards. My eyes flickered to Gerard, and I saw him nod. What was going on?

‘’Come over – wait. I’ll pick you up. You’re shorter than Frank is!’’ The security guard said, chuckling. My heart began to beat faster – probably because he mentioned Frank. Before I knew it, he had gently picked me up and lifted me up over the rail. I was now out of the mosh, and a few steps away from the stage. The stage where my heros – Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Bob and Ray – stood.

‘’What… What the HECK!?’’ I exclaimed, rubbing my neck.
‘’Gerard wants you up on the stage. We both agree you look like a pretty big, loyal, fan,’’ The beefy body guard explained simply. He made it sound like it was no big deal. And with that, he threw me up onto the stage. It felt like I had been by the security guard’s side for hours, when I had only been there for a few seconds – Toro was just finishing up his solo.

‘’Forget about the dirty looks,
The photographs your boyfriend took,
You said you read me like a book,
But the pages are all torn and frayed!’’

I looked down to see Gerard holding my arm. He smiled as my gaze returned to his beautiful, angelic face, and gave me a look as if to say ‘’Join in!’’

‘’I’m… o… kay….
I’m O-KAAAAY!’’
At first I was whispering, – still in shock – but I soon started to scream the words with the amazing person standing next to me. He looked please – I was too. I hadn’t passed out, which was a relief.

‘’ But you really need to listen to me,
Because I'm telling you the truth,
I mean this, I'm okay!’’
He yelled, and pointed to microphone into my direction.

‘’TRUST ME!’’ I yelled, smiling. He smiled back, then moved closer to me and we sung together. I wasn’t sure whether it was a dream or not - but either way, it was amazing.
‘’I'm not okay,
I'm not okay!
Well, I'm not okay,
I'm not o-fucking-kay!
I'm not okay!
I'm not okay!’’

I quickly turned around to look at Ray as he echoed ‘’OKAAAY!’’, as he was the back-up vocalist.
And then the song ended.
Gerard looked over at me, and I hugged him, crying with happiness, and laughing at the same time.
‘’T…thankyou so... so… so much,’’ I said softly.
‘’It’s fine! You were amazing! Hey, come backstage after the show. It’d be cool to talk more. Oh, just tell Worm – the body guard that threw you over – to let you back stage, kay? I’d let you on for the rest of the show, but I think those fan girls would kill you,’’ He explained.

I nodded quickly, and jumped off stage. The security guard smiled, and threw me back over the rail and into the mosh. People were asking me questions about if I knew My Chem, or how I got up there, and the only thing I could really do was smile. I still couldn’t believe that I just got pulled up on stage, and sung with my favourite band.
♠ ♠ ♠
8D you like?
comments are appreciated.