I Thought the Jetset Life Was Gonna Kill Him

This Is The Best Day Ever

The concert was amazing. Seriously, this was the best night of my life. And I knew it was only going to get better. The crowd had filtered out, and only a few people remained in the giant arena. Worm was standing on top of the stage, and I slid under the rail.
‘’Um… excuse me,’’ I squeaked, standing in front of the stage.
‘’Yes?’’ He said, cocking an eyebrow and walking over to the edge.
He looked massive – or should I say more massive – when he stood a few feet above me. I had to look up to him when we both on level ground.
‘’I… Gerard said I could come back stage… I was the girl up on stage earlier,’’ I exclaimed shyly. His size was intimidating me.
‘’Oh,’’ He chuckled, ‘’Okay.’’
He jumped loudly off the stage, and lifted me up. I now had to look down upon him for a change.
‘’They’re all behind that curtain. Just make sure they’re dressed, kay?’’ He said, chuckling again.
I nodded, smiling a little, and walked off to the curtain. Pulling it back, I saw the five boys I’d only ever dreamed of meeting.

‘’H-hey… I’m… well, you said I could come backstage after the show… so-‘’
‘’Excellent! I hope you enjoyed the show!’’ Gerard exclaimed, cutting me off. I guessed he realized my explanation was only making me more nervous.
‘’Yeah… it was really amazing. Thank you so much,’’ I said, a little louder now.

‘’So what’s your name?’’ Questioned Mikey curiously, taking a step forward.
‘’I’m Jenna Patterson…’’ I said, smiling now.
‘’That’s a really pretty name,’’ Said Ray, grinning.
‘’What’s your favourite song?’’ I heard Bob ask.
‘’I Never Told You What I Do For A Living, probably. It changes a lot, but it sounded great tonight,’’ I responded.
‘’Speaking of which, you haven’t mentioned what you do for a living,’’ Said Gerard. It sounded like more of a question than a statement, so I decided to answer.
‘’I’m training to be… well, a shrink, to be blunt.’’

**

I collapsed on the soft lounge, smiling. Tonight was perfect. Meeting those five guys was just amazing. And Gerard even gave me his email address! Now that just puts the icing on the cake.

Still completely absorbed in amazement, I shut my eyes, re-living tonight.
This is the best day ever…
I chuckled as I remembered the fact that my thought was the title of a song – a My Chemical Romance song – and let myself fall into slumber.