I Thought the Jetset Life Was Gonna Kill Him

The Amount Of Pills I'm Taking

I sat on the lounge in Gerard’s house, smiling with a can of cola in my hand.
It was amazing, being in a house with Frank Iero, Bob Bryar, Ray Toro and the Way brothers. I highly doubted my dreams could of thought of something amazing, and here I was.

Gerard was singing loudly to a song by Iron Maiden, beer bottle in his hand. We’d all had a lot to drink, and I was probably the most sober. I didn’t really want to say – or do – anything embarrassing in front of anyone.

‘’Jennaaaaaaaa!’’ Yelled Gerard, pulling me up, ‘’Dance with me!’’
And so I did, with a broad smile on my face.

**

THREE MONTHS LATER…
There was a knock at the door, and I stormed over angrily.
‘’Gerard, come back when you are sober!’’ I screamed, opening the door.
But it was Frank.
‘’It’s just me… but then I guess it was good I didn’t bring him with me,’’ Frank explained.

Over the past few months, I had become rather close to all five of my heroes. So close they were all like brothers. They ere half way through the tour for their album Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, and they currently were touring New Jersey – their home. Only one or two things had changed since the early days. The one major – and bad – thing being, Gerard had become not only an alcoholic, but a drug addict. He’d drink, swallow, snort or eat anything that could make him happier or more hyper. Then after he’d completed that process, he’d rock up on my door step to talk and hang out. I never enjoyed that, and I was getting fed up. So were the others.

I nodded, and gestured towards the couch. We both sat down, and began to talk.

‘’He’s bad, Jenna. We need to stop him. He’ll overdose on anti-depressants, drink beer by the litre, get his hands on any sort of drug and then become suicidal. It’s bad, and it’s hurting everyone a lot. He can’t do this to himself, but he won’t admit he needs help,’’ Frank explained, bleakly. I could tell he was tired from chasing Gerard around all day.

‘’I… I know, Frank. It’s hurting me watching him do this. But what can we do? He won’t get in a car unless he’s driving it, because he knows we’ll take him to a shrink,’’ I replied, running my fingers through my hair and sighing.

‘’Well… you are still studying to be a shrink, right?’’ Frank asked curiously, his eyes lighting up slightly.
‘’Studying, Frank. I could barley council a little kid having bad dreams, let alone a drug and alcohol addict. I couldn’t, Frank.’’
‘’Jenna, you want to help. This could stop him, and even if there is a ninety nine percent chance it won’t stop him, I’m willing to take a chance. Please,’’ Frank said, now frowning.
‘’I… I don’t know. Well, you’re all staying at his mum’s house, right? I’ll come over later… try and clean him up before, okay?’’ I replied, smiling sadly.
Frank nodded quickly, and left the house.

I had no idea how I was going to help Gerard. But I wanted to help him so much. I didn’t want him to die from the booze and drugs – or suicide.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please.