I Thought the Jetset Life Was Gonna Kill Him

Counteracts The Booze I'm Drinking

I placed the bottle on the bench, and frowned at Gerard.
‘’Give… it… BAAAACK!’’ He yelled furiously, standing up.
‘’No, I can’t do that.’’ I stated calmly. He took a few steps forward, and Mikey pushed him back down onto the couch, then taking a seat next to him.

‘’WHY?!’’ Gerard roared, drunk with both alcohol and rage.
‘’Gerard, your drinking habits – and your drug addiction – is hurting both you and us. We don’t like you seeing drunk, high and suicidal. Please, if you could just stop… I’ll do all I can to help. We love you, and its hurting us to see you like this.’’
‘’I… can’t, no, I can’t. It makes me feel so good – like I’m flying,’’ He replied, smiling towards the end of his slurred words.
‘’Yes, you can. Now, one way or another, you are going to. You don’t have to cooperate, but if you don’t, it will be a lot harder for both me and you, okay?’’ I said softly, not a note of sadness, irritation or forcefulness escaping from my now pursed lips.
He grumbled, and closed his eyes.

I left him with Mikey, then walked quickly into the lounge room, where Ray, Bob and Frank were sitting.
‘’Well?’’ Frank said, cocking his eyebrow.
‘’I explained to him that we’re going to help him through this, and he’s going to stop soon. He doesn’t like it, but I think he’s getting the idea. I’ll talk to him more in the morning – when he’s sober,’’ I replied, taking a seat in the leather arm chair.
‘’But when he isn’t drunk, he’s suicidal or high. This is going to be really hard, Jenna,’’ Stated Ray, sitting up straighter on the couch. Bob nodded with agreement, and I frowned.

‘’One way or another, I’m going to help him. No matter how long it takes, okay?’’ I explained.

**

I sat up quickly at the sound of the door creaking.
‘’Gerard?’’ I said loudly, rolling off the lounge and sitting up.
‘’Fuck it. I thought you were asleep!’’ He murmured, closing the front door and taking a seat on the couch. I sat down next to him, and didn’t say anything until he broke the silence.
‘’I’m sober, y’know,’’ He stated quickly.
‘’I don’t quite think you are. But when you have the mother of all hangovers in the morning, I’ll talk to you, okay? Now go back to the basement, and get some sleep. The guys will be freaking out if you aren’t in your room,’’ I replied, smiling sadly and shoving him off the lounge.
‘’Isn’t it a little scary being in a hotel room by yourself?’’ He questioned.
‘’No. You guys are just next door, anyway. Now stop trying to distract me.’’ I pointed to the stairs, and he stormed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments are really appreciated.