I Thought the Jetset Life Was Gonna Kill Him

Vampires Will Never Hurt You

‘’But… Jenna, you don’t know how much I’m hurting…’’ He said. His shirt wasn’t the only one that was soaked – he had also begun to cry.
‘’Then lets stop you hurting. Gerard, I can help. We’ll take away the drugs and alcohol slowly – wean you off them. And then maybe replace those addictions with something else like coffee or something else. Let me help, please.’’

‘’I… I’m still not sure…’’ He grumbled, burying his head in my light flaxen hair.
‘’You’ve fallen off the horse. You need to get back on before time runs out – the longer you are off, the more scared you become. Until its too late, and its bye bye horsey.’’
‘’Good use of metaphors there,’’ He chuckled.
‘’Please, let me help,’’ I repeated, letting go of his arm and grabbing his hand.
‘’Okay.’’

**

It took seventeen days for Gerard to get clean. It was great, and probably the quickest recovery I’d ever heard of. Now he was clean, and replaced his addictions with coffee. Every meal, every snack, coffee accompanied his food.

Gerard and I were now at the local carnival; he said that he’d take me once he was fully clean. He was pretty much repaying me for helping him.

The colours and sounds were so bright, and the atmosphere was amazing. There were families with young kids, massive groups of carnival kids, couples and many others. This was exactly why I loved the carnival.

‘’C’mon, lets go in the haunted house!’’ Gerard exclaimed, shoving the last clump of fairy floss into his mouth.
‘’Okay, sure! Just promise you won’t scare me, these things scare me shitless,’’ I replied.

Five minutes later, after buying the tickets, we hopped into the little carriage, and we began to move.

After a few metres, a monster fell from the roof, stopping a few inches from the top of my head. I let out a little squeak, and Gerard laughed. He obviously loved this type of stuff – and watching me get scared.

Then another few metres down the track, a vampire jumped out of a coffin. This made me really scream – loudly too. Gerard chuckled again, and hugged me. I smiled a little, and chuckled nervously.
‘’Aw, sugar, for once its me comforting you!’’ He exclaimed, releasing me from his hug.
‘’True,’’ I mumbled.