Round Here

Chapter 16

I laid down on the hotel room's bed and let out a sigh. Everyone was leaving for their homes, but I didn't have one.

"What's wrong?" Johnny asked sitting next to me on the bed.

"Everyone is going home."

"Yeah, we all have to sooner or later."

"I don't have a home!"

"Oh…right." I rolled my eyes and looked up at the ceiling.
"You could always live with me. I mean we are together."

Johnny laid down next to me and started playing with my hair. I thought about it for a moment. I did need a place to stay, but couldn't I just go live with Josh. I really didn't want to leave Jersey. I was born and raised here.

"Where do you live? Hollywood right?"

"Well, yeah. You don't want to live there or with me?"

"It's not that. I would love to. It's just I've lived here all my life." He stopped playing with my hair, and looked me in the eyes.

"Maybe, you could stay with me just for a little bit to see how you like it. If you don't we'll come back, and find you a place."

"And you'll go back." I let out a sigh of annoyance, got up from the bed, and locked myself in the bathroom. I had to chill. Long distance relationships never work. I didn't want to ruin this one. I sunk to the floor and heard a soft knock on the door. I wasn't exactly crying, just thinking while I was upset.

"Margaret, open the door."

"No…I'm…relaxing." I said trying to think of something creative but failing.

"Let me in please." I sighed and stood up. I faced the door, and unlocked it. I opened it and stood face to face with him.

"What are we going to do?"

"Come live with me."

"What about my life here?" Johnny breathed out and looked at me.
"I'm sorry I just can't pick up and leave."

"I know." He put his hands on my shoulders.

"When are you leaving?"

"I wanted to leave in a few days, but I can wait until you've figured everything out."

"I just want to tell Josh. Then we can leave."

"Are you sure? You seemed to have made up your mind quite quickly."

"Yeah I'm sure. I guess I'm just afraid of change. My life has changed a lot, and I like it."

He smiled at me and said, "You're amazing."

I leaned in and kissed him.

"I'm tired. Let's go to bed."

I woke up and lifted my body to see the clock over Johnny's head. It was almost ten o'clock. I got up from the bed, and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I emerged from the room and saw Caden in my spot on the bed. He was getting only a little bigger. Johnny rolled over and put his hand on Caden. Caden lifted his little head and licked Johnny's face. I smiled and laughed to myself as Johnny woke up.

"What are you laughing at?" He asked groggily.

"Oh nothing," I kneeled on the bed, and leaned down on top of Johnny.

"Morning beautiful," He said kissing me.

"Morning, we have things to do before we leave."

"Like what?"

"We have to eat, say goodbye to everyone leaving today, go see Josh, and I think that is about it."

"Can't we do that all tomorrow?" He asked wrapping his arms around me. I kissed him and pulled away.

"Come on and get up. I'm going to take Caden on a walk. You better be ready when I get back." I got off the bed and grabbed his leash. Caden jumped off the bed and sat at my feet. I bent over and clipped the leash on his collar. I said bye to Johnny, grabbed the room key, and left the room.

I bumped into Preston coming back from our walk.

"Hey Preston," I said and waved.

"Hey Margaret, you guys leaving?"

"No, not for a few more days. You're leaving today right?"

"Yeah, just making my rounds saying bye to people."

We walked to my room so he could say bye to Johnny before leaving. I slid the card key into the thing on the door, and opened it. Johnny was fully clothed and ready to leave.

"Good boy," I said pinching his cheeks. His face twisted into a look of playful annoyance. He saw Preston and said 'hi'.

"I'm just here to say bye." Preston told Johnny.

"Bye man, see you for Jackass Two." Johnny joked. They did their little man hug thing and the Preston and I hugged.

"See you soon." I said. He left and Johnny finished doing his hair and we were off.

We went to say goodbye to everyone. They all seemed to want to get home. Magen was going home with Bam. I looked at Johnny with a warm smile on my face. The couple seemed to be extremely happy. Once we left the hotel we went to a small breakfast place to eat. I won't bore you with the details of the food we ate.

Next we went to the mall to go and visit Josh. No matter what Josh would never quit his job. That was something I loved about him. His parents would beg for him to move on from that, and get a decent job that would pay him right. He wouldn't listen, and would never listen. He lived life to it's fullest and enjoyed every bit of it.

"So you're leaving me?"

"Come move to California." I grinned.

"I'm happy for you. You're finally living a happy life."

"You're gonna make me cry. I'm not going to be gone forever." He leaned in and gave me a big huge.

"You better come back and visit me."

"You better come and visit me." We both smiled and I gave him a goodbye hug.

Now it was time for me to leave my home and start a new life with the love of my life.

Did I just say love?