Round Here

Chapter 18

I sat on the couch flipping through channels. Oh course rich people had to have big TV's with the most channels possible. I don't even know what channel number I was on, but I was getting irritated. I finally found a channel with something somewhat decent. Or so I thought, I didn’t even know what was on. I blankly stared at the TV. Johnny was out doing something. I didn't know what though, probably talking with MTV or something.

I stared at the TV some more and then down at Caden who was staring at me. He always did that either when I had to feed him, or if he was trying to tell me something. He tilted his head to the side and continued to stare.

"I know I'm a lazy bum! Stop staring," I told him. The phone rang, but I felt to lazy to get on my feet and get it. Caden looked at me and barked.
"Fine fine I'll get the phone." I got up quickly and walked to the kitchen. I picked up the white chord less phone and pressed the talk button.
"Hello?"

"Hey doll."

"What's up?"

"I'm taking you out tonight."

"Ooo to where?"

"That is a surprise. Just dress nice and be ready by around…" He paused for a moment. "Around six."

"Alright I'll see you at six."

We both exchanged goodbyes and I hung up the phone. Caden had come in and sat by my feet.

"What do you want?" He let out a small cry and stood on all four legs. I looked at the kitchen's clock and figured out it was almost two. I had to get ready. I went to the refrigerator and stood on my tippy toes to get a heavy basket that was on top. I searched through the basket and found the large bag of rawhides. I pulled one out and held it behind my back. I look at Caden whose eyes were on me watching every move. He scampered over to and stood up with anticipation in his eyes.
"Sit," I said. He instantly sat down and tilted his head up. "Good boy."

I gave him his dog treat and put everything away. I headed up the stairs to my room. Once I was in I went to the bathroom to take a shower. I shut the door forgetting to lock it and turned the bathtub on to fill it up with water and bubbles. Once the water was high enough I stripped my clothes off my and got into the tub.

I stayed inside the tub until I was almost pruning badly. It was relaxing and comforting. Plus with the scented bubbles I was almost in heaven. I got up out of the tub and wrapped a towel around me. I drained the tub, and dried off. With the towel still wrapped around me I walked into the room and went to my dresser to get underwear to put on. I found a pair and threw it onto the bed.

"Now to find something to wear," I told myself. I went into the closet and looked through my dresses. I found a nice black dress. It was like any of those dresses you see anyone else wear. It was nothing special but it was nice. I took the hanger that the dress was on, brought it out of the closet, and placed it by the pair of underwear. I picked the underwear up, and put it on. I grabbed the t-shirt Johnny had worn to bed and crumpled on the ground up and put it on.

I went back into the bathroom to do my hair. I blow dried it, and then straightened it with my flat iron. Once I was down straightening it I put loose curls in my hair too. Once I was done with my hair I went downstairs to check up on Caden. He was like a little kid. He always got into something. I called his name and he bounded to the stairs from where the living room was.

I walked into the living room and nothing seemed to be destroyed. Caden jumped onto the couch where he must have been moments ago before I called him. I pat his head and went back upstairs to finish getting ready. It was just about five, which meant I had a small hour to finish.

I put my makeup on which consisted of foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. I wasn't much of a blush person. I was done after adding the finishing touches. I got my dress and carefully put it on. This better be good, cause if I get dumped with shit I'll be pissed. I grabbed a pair of black heels from the shoe rack in my closet and brought them downstairs with me. I didn't want to sit down and get any fuzz or hair on me.

I stood in the kitchen and drank some water realizing I hadn't drank or eaten anything today. I stood around the kitchen walking back and forth. I couldn't wait for tonight. We've been dating for a few months now…well more like six, but that doesn't matter.

This relationship with him was magical. I believe that is the right word. Since I had moved here it felt like everything fell into place. Like I made the right decision and I was happy about that. I was torn away from my thoughts when the phone began ringing. I picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Margaret long time no talk!"

"Josh I just talked to you like to days ago."

"I have excellent news."

"Oh really? What is this excellent news?"

"I'm moving."

"Where?"

"To California!"

"Los Angeles?"

"No…San Diego but we'll be able to see each other more!"

"Why are you moving and when did you decide this?"

"Well I had been thinking I needed to get out of this cold weather, and I had been thinking it over for awhile and made it final last week. I was gonna surprise you by showing up at your doorstep, but I couldn't hide it from you anymore."

"That's awesome Josh. I'm so happy right now."

"I am too. I've always wanted to live in California and now I am."

"I hate to cut you off, but I have to go. Johnny is going to be here at any time. We're going out to eat."

"So things are pretty serious."

"They have been and you know that."

"Yeah I know. Call me back tomorrow morning after your night of fun." He said seductively.

"Bye Josh." He said goodbye and hung up the phone. I looked at the clock, which read 5:48. 'Anytime now' I thought to myself. Less than two minutes later the phone was ringing again. I was hoping it was Johnny and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi lovely lady."

"Bam?"

"The one and only. What's up?"

"Nothing getting ready to go out."

"I know."

"Then why did you ask…hey…what do you know?"

"I know a lot."

"Jerk tell me."

"I can't it is a surprise." I sighed in annoyance.

"Fine well I have to go Bam. Did you call of any importance?"

"Not really."

"How is it going with you and Magen?"

"Terrific."

"That's all you have to say?"

"I'm lost for words on how it is going."

"Oh how sweet, you sound like a girl."

"Oh shut the hell up." I saw a black car pull into the driveway. Well more like a limo.

"Oh Bam, I have to go. I think Johnny is here."

"Alright. Have fun," Even though I didn't see him I could tell he was smirking. I hung up the phone and put it on the counter. I walked to the door and put my shoes on.

"Bye bye Caden." I stood at the door and waited for the any sign telling me to come outside. The doorbell rang and I waited a few seconds until I opened the door. Once I opened it I saw a man standing there. He had dark hair that was graying. He was also in one of those fancy suits. I stepped out of the house and shut the door behind me locking it. The man led me down to the limo's back door. He opened the door and I was hoping to see Johnny inside, but he wasn't there. I sat down and stared out the window while we were on our way to the restaurant.

We pulled outside a restaurant that had a name I would never be able to pronounce. The car turned off, and the driver got out. I sat in the car while the man came over to the door. He opened in and helped me out of the car. I walked into the restaurant and a server came right up to me.

"This way ma'am," He told me and I followed him. We zigzagged through tables that other people were eating at. We came to a slow stop, and I looked up and saw a nervous Johnny standing by a table. I guess that is where we are eating. The server left us and I walked up to Johnny.

"Hey." I hugged him and kissed him softly.

"You look beautiful." I blushed and looked down.

"You don't look to bad yourself." I sat down in my chair and he pushed it in. He then went to his chair and sat down. We looked at the menus and ordered our food. We had little pointless conversation that I won't bore you with. It mostly consisted of what we did today. Our food came, and we stared eating.

After dinner Johnny paid for the bill and we went back to the limo. Johnny let me get in first, and then he got in. I gave him another tight hug, and he kissed me. The car started moving and I thought we would be going home.

"Where are we going now?" I asked quietly.

"Just somewhere," I just nodded and smiled at him wondering where we could possibly be going. After about fifteen minutes the car stopped and I swear Johnny started sweating. I laughed to myself and was oblivious to anything that could happen.

Johnny opened the door and got out. He put his hand out to help me out of the car. I grabbed it and hopped out of the car. He took my hand and we started walking. The walk was silent, but I didn't mind. We walked by this beautiful pond. There was a bridge that went over it, and we headed to it. It was so quiet; you could hear crickets chirping and frogs croaking. Johnny stopped in the middle of the bridge. He turned to me with a nervous smile on his face.

"Margaret," He started. "We've known each other for months, but it feels like years to me. We've been dating six months and I never want it to end. I never thought a jackass like me could find someone so perfect. I love you so much and I want you to know how much." He grabbed something like a small box from his pocket and got down on one knee. Realization shot through me, and I felt like an idiot for not realizing it sooner.
"Margaret Haywood, will you marry me?"

I needed no time to think before I said, "Yes."

I couldn't talk. I felt my voice stuck in my throat, but I was happy. No, I was more than happy. I was ecstatic. A huge smile erupted on Johnny's face. He slid the ring that fit perfectly on my finger and kissed me.

I kissed him back, and we went back to the limo. Then we went home, and as Bam had predicted. We had a lot of fun.