Round Here

Chapter 19

I walked into the local Pinkberry that was conveniently only a few blocks from the house. I was meeting up with Josh. He had moved to California a little over a year ago, and like he had promised he drove up to Los Angeles almost every weekend. I missed it when I only had to drink about twenty minutes to see him, but at least he doesn't live halfway across the country.

"Margaret!" I heard Josh call from the corner of the store; our meeting place.

"Hey," I sat down grabbing the frozen yogurt he had ordered for me. That was our thing, whoever got their first would order the other person's too.
"Thanks buddy."

"No problemo. So how have you been?"

"Since last weekend? Pretty good."

"That is fantastic, Carol called me last night. She says she misses me."

"Aw…wait…you two are still going out?"

"No…but she still wants to talk to me."

"I see I see."

"So Mrs. Clapp to be, have you two decided on a date yet?" I looked down at the table.

"No," I said a grin forming and my cheeks blushing.

"And why not?" He said overly dramatic.

"I don't know. We don't have to go rush and get married you know." Josh nodded in understanding and my cell started ringing.
"Hello?"

"Hello babe."

"Hello Johnny."

"Guess where we are going."

"Alaska!"

"Uh, no…why Alaska?"

"Cause of the northern lights…duh."

"We're going to Pennsylvania."

"Why?"

"Westchester to be exact."

"To see Bammy!" Josh burst out laughing.

"Exactly."

"When do we leave?"

"How about tomorrow?"

"Fine by me. I'll be home soon to pack."

"Goodbye my love."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and looked at Josh.
"I'm going to see Bam!"

"Don't invite me or anything." He joked.

"Sorry."

We finished our treat and left the store. We then walked down looking at interesting vintage stores deciding whether or not to go in them. They always had that weird old person smell to them when you walked in, and when I say vintage I mean with all the old furniture and stuff. Not the cool clothing stores. We headed back to my house and Josh wanted to stop in one store.

"We have to go in here."

"Why?"

"Cause it is fun." I looked at the shop's name and looked back at Josh.

"Charlie's Wonder Wacky Tacky Shop?" Josh nodded and opened the door. I was hesitant at first to walk inside, but followed Josh anyways. We walked through needle thin aisles while Josh looked at all this magic trick stuff, and gag tricks. It was like the one store from the movie 'Pee Wee's Big Adventure'. I laughed just thinking about Josh in a grey suit with a little red bow tie.

Once we were done in the store we finished walking back to my place. Caden was outside wandering around the front yard. Boy had he gotten big. Not huge, cause beagles don't get huge, but he had grown. As I unlocked the large gate his head whipped around and barked. He noticed it was me and came running to meet me.

"Hey little guy, you've gotten so big!" Josh said bending down to pet him. The front door opened and Johnny came outside too. He was wearing a white t-shirt with some design on it, and blue jeans.
"Hey Johnny how's it going?"

"Going good." He came down and gave me a hug. I returned the hug with a kiss.

"Get a room," Josh said like a seven year old.

Johnny replied with, "Actually I think we have a whole house."

We all laughed as Caden went running chasing the toy Josh had thrown.

"So we're going to Westchester for a few days. Did you want to bring Caden?" Johnny asked me.

"I could watch the little guy." Josh offered. Johnny and I looked at him.

"Would you really?" I asked. "That would be amazing."

"Anything for you two." He smiled. "I could take him now, or come by tomorrow."

"I think now would be fine." I called Caden over to me and picked him up.
"You're gonna go by Uncle Josh's okay?" Caden answered by licking my face. I put him back down and went inside to get a dog toy, his leash, the right amount of food he would need, and a rawhide. I put it all in a plastic grocery bag, and brought it outside to give to Josh.
"Be careful with my little baby." I told him.

"I'll watch him like he was my own."

Josh left with Caden, and Johnny and I went to go pack for our week of fun with Bam. Bam had told me he has his own show now. I wonder how this will turn out.