Round Here

Chapter 24

We walked off the airplane hand in hand. I didn't have a smile on my face. Who would know someone could die doing what he was about to do. I didn't mind the first movie, but I thought that would be it. We met up with Ehren and Chris who would be driving us to the hotel. They were filming the opening scene today. All I knew was it had to do with bulls. If someone didn't end up in the hospital I would be surprised.

"How are you Margaret?" Ehren asked.

"I'm fine," Trying to hide the fact that this movie was tearing me apart.

We got to the hotel, and everyone seemed overjoyed. Magen looked ecstatic to be watching this. I think I would be must more excited once the movie was over, and I was watching it on screen.

"Is everyone ready to go?" Jeff asked. Everyone yelled, screamed, or muttered a 'yes' and we went to the set where they would be filming.

I sat in the back next to Steve-O. I fidgeted in my seat, and nervously looked out the window. Steve-O smiled and looked at me. He nudged my shoulder, but I couldn't tear my gaze from out the window. He nudged me again, and I looked at him.

"What's up Steve-O?"

"I could be asking you the same thing."

"Sorry, I'm just shook up about this movie."

"Don't worry, Johnny is smart. He knows when to say no."

"I sure hope so." I whispered. The car stopped, and we all got out. I sat in a chair beside Jeff's chair. He was currently talking to all the guys in a huddle. They all nodded, and Jeff came and sat by me.
"I swear."

"Don't swear, it makes beautiful people ugly."

"Shut up asshole. If he dies you're gonna die."

"Margaret, don't worry he'll be fine. He has done this before." Magen said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"God I hope so."

I heard a whistle and loud snorts from bulls. So they were going with the bull thing. I saw every Jackass guy running for dear life. I tried watching them all, but my eyes were stuck on Johnny. What if he tripped? Everyone who sees these movies say they are all fake. They say the bulls are mechanical, but they aren't. They are 100% real.

There was a camera waiting in a house that Johnny and a few survivors were supposed to go. I watched them run past us, and some bulls get off course running into a few of the rental cars. I heard Jeff yelled swear words, but continue to watch everyone. There were camera men everywhere catching everyone's special moments. Johnny and Bam ran into the house.

I felt my stomach twist and turn as I heard Johnny say to the camera, "Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville and welcome to Jackass." The next thing I knew people were calling the paramedics for him and Bam.

I looked up at the sky and whispered sarcastically, "Why god, why?"

We rushed to the back of the now destroyed house to find Bam and Johnny sitting up against it. I wanted to hug Johnny for being alive, and smack Jeff for starting this stupid second installment. I ran to Johnny's side and kneeled down.

"My head hurts."

"Oh really?" I asked sarcasm very evident. The paramedic's pushed me out of the way and I fell down. I looked at him in disbelief.
"Excuse me."

"Look ma'am we have to make sure he is alright." The guy snapped at me.

"Don't push her." Johnny said.

"Look, I just need to make sure you're alright. Don't need to get your fucking thong in a twist dear." He looked me up and down. I was furious and before I knew it felt my fist colliding with his jaw. He looked at me wide-eyed, and I thought he would just walk away.

Boy was I wrong. He stood up and over me. Everyone watched to see what would happen next. I think everyone stopped breathing, I know I did. He pulled me up and kneed me in the stomach. I fell into the side of the house and sunk to the ground. The pain was so bad, and my vision blurred.

"Don't fucking touch her." I heard Johnny yell. Then I heard Jeff yell at Bam, Steve-O, and Chris. I closed my eyes, and opened them again. Preston was trying to restrain Johnny, while Ehren, Dico, and Dave were trying to restrain Bam, Steve-O, and Chris. I let out a groan of annoyance and tried to stand up. I felt arms around me helping me up.

"Thanks Dunn." I said quietly. I pulled away from his grasp and walked in front of Johnny.
"Stop it."

He looked at me and hugged me. He pulled away and looked at me. Concern was etched into his eyes, and I felt bad for starting the whole thing. The throbbing pain in my stomach was slowly passing.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, how's that head of yours?" I asked. He smiled and hugged me.

"It's fine." He pulled away and we saw the paramedic dragging his feet to the ambulance.

"Do people not do background checks before they hire them?" Jeff said annoyed.
"How are you doll?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine." I gave everyone a reassuring smile. We were done filming for the day.

Damage done:
I punched a medic.
Medic kneed me.
Johnny, Steve-O, Bam, and Chris beat up medic.

We walked away with Johnny holding an ice pack to his head, and an ice pack to my stomach.