Our Teenie Romance

Ch10

Vicky's POV-
We just found Shannon. alone at the bus stop in a terrible state. Frank's outside. I've sorted Shanon out. I really don't know what to say. Frank's just called me. There's a bus. We're going to take Shaz home. Then go to mine and expalin what happened to my parents because it's now getting late. We help Shannon up and I sit her down, Frank sorts out the fares. We sit behind her, holding hands. I'm wondering where Gerard was? He was the last person seen with her...

Frank's POV-
I can tell she's thinking, and it's obvious she isn't happy. "What's wrong?" I ask her quietly.
"I've just been wondering where Gerard was..." She says, breaking her trail of thought.
I know what she means but I just can't think Gerard would do that to a girl. He's my best friend. "I'll talk to him." I promise,putting an arm round her.
She rests her head on my shoulder.
We get off the bus at the stop closest to Shannon's house. We both have to support her because she can't stand by herself.
It takes a while to reach her house and we trudge along in silence. except from Shannon who's babbling out random sentences which make no sense to us. We leave her at her front door, neither of us want to explain to her Nan what happened.
"I don't live to far from here." Vicky explains. "Just round the block. You can go now."
I shake my head. "Alot can happen during a walk round the block." I don't fancy letting the same thing that hapened to Shannon happening to Vicky. "i'll walk you back."
"But you'll be late home."
"Then I'm late home." I grab her arm. "I'm making sure you get back safe."
"But my parents if they see you they might get..."
I put my index finger on her lips. "I'll expalin to them there was a bit of trouble and you missed the early bus so I thought I'd bring you home."
"They still might..."
"Let them." I say. " I don't care and you shouldn't either. We won't be lying to them. It's the truth."
She nods nad leads me to her house, hand in mine.