I'll Never Run Away

Part One

I walked over to the refreshment table and grabbed a bottle of water. I could hear the rest of the cast speaking to the director before they hurried off to tutoring. Well, the younger ones did. The older people just walked around. I turned and bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"That's fine. I'm Mason."

"I'm Taige. Wait, aren't you Mitchel's brother?"

"Yeah. Are you the guest star?"

"Yep. Uh, they're getting schooled right now."

"I was about to ask where they were."

I laughed quietly. "Yeah, I'm pretty much psychic like that."

"You're just psycho."

"Shut up, Cory."

"Hi. I'm Taige's brother, Cory. Can I get your autograph? I'm a huge fan of Metro Station."

"Sure."

I left my kid brother and Mason to continue their conversation, and I took a sip of my water. The director was talking to Miley's dad until a young man with piercings and multiple tattoos interrupted.

"Taige, come here a second."

"Yes, Mr. Cyrus?"

"First of all, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me 'Mr. Cyrus?' Secondly, this is Trace."

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Nice double monroes."

"Thanks. You like piercings?"

"Yeah. I have four, but I had to take them out to do this."

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yep."

"What about tattoos?"

"They're great. I have quite a few."

"No way."

"Yeah."

"Trace!"

"Hey, Miley."

Miley smiled and hugged Trace tightly. "Hey, Taige. Thanks so much for doing this."

"You're welcome. I'm having fun."

"Alright, everybody. Let's get to work."

Later that night, I laid down on the hotel bed and flipped through the channels. I left it on the Disney Channel, muted the television, and grabbed my laptop. I signed onto my messenger; only Cory was on.

Taige says: hey. like your hotel room?

met mason musso today! says: it's pretty sick. did you like talking to trace?

Taige says: yeah we talked about tats and piercings

met mason musso today! says: can you not go 5 frickin' minutes without bring that crap up?

Taige says: no i <3 them

met mason musso today! says: uh, turn on the dis. ch.

Taige says: already there why?

met mason musso today! says: listen to the report.

I turned up the volume on the TV and listened as the girl talked about me being a guest star for Hannah Montana and then they showed a series of pictures: of me, my brother, and the cast of HM all hanging out with Trace and Mason. I rolled my eyes, said good-night to Cory, and crawled between the sheets.