I'll Never Run Away

Part Three

"Cut! Taige, are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

"You're not concentrating. Y'know what, we have a few other scenes that need to be re-worked. Go get something to eat."

"I'm fine."

"Go. You look dead on your feet."

"Thanks, Miley. That's one way of talking to your idol."

"I'm not talking to you as an adoring fan. I'm talking to you as your friend. Take a break."

"Do I really look like that much of crap?"

"Yes."

"Fine. Thank you, guys, so much."

Trace sat with me in a corner and handed me a plate of apple slices and low-fat yogurt. "Dad said this was your favourite."

"Yeah. Thanks."

"So what's up with you and Ant?"

"Drop it."

"Please, Taige---"

"Taige?"

"Crap."

"Wow. You look amazing."

"Enough of the small talk, Anthony."

He grimaced at the full use of his name. "'I'm sorry. I never meant that stuff 'I said."

"No, you meant it. You just now realised what a selfish, insensitive, rude, arrogant, Neanderthal jerk you were back then."

I stormed out of the building and down the sidewalk. I could hear footsteps behind me, but I ignored whoever it was. That was until he/she grabbed my arm.

"Taige!"

"Mile..."

"What happened?"

"He...he was such a jerk."

"He just said you looked amazing."

"Not today. Before. When we were younger."

"What'd he say?"

"I was getting ready to move, but I hadn't seen him for a month, because he was on vacation, so I couldn't tell him. When he came back, it was the day we were leaving. He freaked out and said a bunch of horrible things. We quit being friends, and I've never forgiven him. I won't forgive him."

"I'm sure it was just hurt and shock that caused him to say those things."

"It doesn't matter. He used what he knew would cut me the deepest. He used my secrets against me."

"I'm sorry."

"Aren't you supposed to be filming?"

"You're more important. You're my friend."

"But acting's your life."

"I need a break from life."

I smiled and wiped away my tears. "Thanks, Mile. You know, for a fifteen-year-old, you're pretty cool."

"Thanks...I think?"

"C'mon; don't want people to freak out."

"Taige, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Mitchel."

"We're filming the kiss next."

"Dang it. Now my lips'll fall off."

Rock-star-Taige leaned over and pressed her lips to Oliver's cheek. The director yelled "Cut!" and Rock-star-Taige disappeared. Mitchel smiled, and I decided to act normal.

"Ew! Gross."

"Shut up, Taige. You know you liked it."

"Don't push it, Musso."

We laughed as we headed back to the dressing rooms. I had no more scenes to film for that day, so I planned on going back to the hotel.

"Taige, we need to talk."