Memories seep from my veins

Family ties and revilations

When I got home, Allen was there. We hadn’t told him about Malachi cause he was away on holiday so we waited for him to come back. I told Chas and Cassie to stay in the hall with Malachi.
“Hi Allen.” I gave him a hug.
Hey kiddo. How have you been? Mom said you had some news.”
“Yeah, I’m ok and yeah I do actually.” Right on cue Malachi started crying causing Allen to jump. I went out and brought him in. “Allen, meet you nephew.” He looked at me in shock while standing up.
“Please tell me this is a joke. I thought you had maybe gotten a job or stopped drinking. Why didn’t you tell me before?” I didn’t say anything. “Why didn’t anyone tell me?”
“We didn’t know until after she had him.”
“Who’s the dad?”
“It doesn’t matter, he’s long gone now.” At that moment I spotted Mike shift in his seat.
“I still want to know.”
“I am” I heard two voices. Mike had stood up and Chas had come into the room.
“What?” Mike looked hurt. “So much for flesh and blood.” He pushed past me and out the front door.
“Mike.” I shouted after him.
“Scarlet, you’d better explain now.” Billie said in a calm but angry voice.
“I need to go after Mike.” I ran out the house after him. Thank god he only lived 5 minutes from ours. He was just closing the door when I stopped him. “Mike, let me explain.”
“You gave me so much shit ‘bout what I said then I find out he might not even be mine.”
“Mike he is. Chas said that to try and help me. He didn’t know you were there. He wouldn’t have said that if he did.”
“Why should I believe you?”
“Because I fucking love you.” There was a loud knock on the door.
“Mike fucking open the door now!” Billie shouted. Mike opened it. “What the fuck has been going on?” He pushed past along with Allen.
“Billie, calm down.”
“You said his dad was a one night stand then Chas and Mike both say they are. Who will it be next? That Liam guy?”
“How do you know about him?” I was a little taken back.
“So it’s true. I was right, you are a slut.”
“No, I’m not. I never slept with Chas. And I didn’t exactly choose what happened with Liam”
“What did he just fall on top of you or was it the other way around.”
“I DIDN’T FUCKING WANT TO. HE FUCKING RAPED ME.” I cried
“WHAT!” I fell to the ground, Mike came and held me.
“Scarlet, tell me you happened? Please.”
“Billie, remember that day you came and picked me up from Tre’s about a nine months ago?”
“Yeah?”
“The reason I went to his was because I didn’t want you to know. I was so ashamed. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.” The whole time I could see Allen getting angrier and angrier.
“I’ll fucking kill the prick.” Allen exploded. “No, that’s too easy on him. I’ll castrate him. He’ll regret even looking at my baby sister.” He stormed out the house as if he knew were Liam lived.
“Mike please don’t leave me. I love you so much. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I was pregnant.”
“Sssshhhh, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have doubted you. Billie, where’s Allen going?”
“I don’t know. Scarlet, I swear to god, when I see him, he’ll pay.”
“Dude, I’m sorry, I really do love her and I won’t leave her again.”
“Mike, you better not. But at least now you really are family.” He put his hand on Mike’s shoulder.
After I had calmed down a little we went back to mine to get Malachi off of Adrienne and took him back to Mike’s. We just lay on his bed with Malachi on Mike’s chest. “So, why Malachi?” Mike asked.
“It means Messenger of God. I found it when I was looking at names. I kinda felt like he was my little gift from god even though I don’t really believe in him. Then there was no doubt in my mind that his middle name was gonna be Andrew, so he’s also like my messenger from my dad.”
“So his name is Malachi Andrew Armstrong?”
“Well it could be Malachi Andrew Pritchard if you want? I’ve not went for his birth certificate yet.”
“Yeah, I think that sounds better.” He stroked our sons head and kissed mine. “I can’t believe I thought I didn’t want him. I really am sorry. I dunno what came over me.”
“SSSSHHH, it’s ok. You’re here now aren’t you, that’s all that matters to me.” I kissed him and took Malachi off his chest took him down stairs and put him in his pram.
“Where are you going?” Mike asked worryingly.
“Relax; I’m going to ask Tre to look after him. He’s been bugging me since we got out the hospital. Plus I think we need some alone time.”
“Can’t we just stay here as a family tonight. I don’t want to be apart from any of you.”
“Ok, I’ll ask Billie to bring his Moses basket over and he can sleep next to the bed.”
Billie and Allen came over a while later to talk.
“Scarlet I’m sorry for the way I reacted. It’s just so much of a shock to know that my baby sister is a mom at seventeen. Can I hold my nephew?”
“Sure.” I took Malachi from Mike and placed him in Allen’s arms, who started to look uncomfortable pretty fast. “You ok?”
“Yeah, just not used to holding babies this small. You were the smallest baby I had held up to now. But he’s even smaller.” He shifted slightly. “He looks like your mom Scarlet.”
“Really?” I was shocked that he knew what she looked like.
“Yeah.”
“Can you remember what my mom was like?”
“We only met her twice, once before you were born and when we went to get you from the hospital. She loved you so much. Mom kept in contact with her until you were fifteen. After that we heard nothing.”
“Do you think she still stays at the same address?”
“I couldn’t say. Why?”
“I want to find her.”
“You’d need to talk to mom first see if she’s ok with it. But maybe wait a while she’s just getting over the shock of you having a baby.” He laughed. “Well we all are, am I right Mike?” Allen said as He handed him Malachi.
“Yeah.” He wrapped his arm around me and looked at our son. “But I wouldn’t change things for the world.”