Be All Mine

Chapter 19

The sun played along with our little perfect wedding day, with the sky bright blue and a light breeze billowing smoothly. The ocean made soothing sounds as it rolled and collapsed over and over again, the blue turning to white foam at the beach's edge before rolling back into blue once more.

I read my vows over and over to myself as my mother unrolled the last curler in my hair, my make-up already done. My dress was the last thing to put on, and I was kind of afraid to, anyways. Something so gorgeous seemed like it should never be touched by human hands.

Mikey was over in the groom's tent with the entire male body of our wedding. Which, basically, was every single person except my mom and me. The twins lay awake within their white bassinets, Adrian in a pink cotton dress, and Marcus in a light blue pair of pants and matching shirt.

“Nervous?” my mom asked, as I sighed and got up hesitantly.

“What's so different about this wedding?” I joked, smiling as I walked around the tent in a very scandalous bra and matching panties, black with maroon lacing. Wouldn't be a wedding if I didn't give the groom something exciting to think about at the reception.

“You actually love the guy,” my mom answered, smiling as I turned to look at her with a warm grin and blushing cheeks. “So are you?”

“Scared shitless,” I answered quickly, going to where my wedding dress hung on a brass coat rack. My mom followed me over to it and waited as I slipped it over my legs and up my body. It was pure white with black vintage detail sewn into the very bottom that flowed out. The waist and chest was a corset, held together my intertwining black ribbon and a tiny clasp at the top in the back. It was sleeveless, and showed off my tattoo of angel's wings on my shoulder blades.

“He's a good guy, Audrey,” my mother said reassuringly, clasping my drooping necklace together in the back. “He may not truly realize what a catch you are, though.”

I laughed and went to the sofa to sit and wait for the procession to begin. “I think he knows, he just may not know what he's gonna have to handle for the rest of his life. I'm a very stubborn bitch.”

My mom giggled and went to play with the twins as I took a minute to close my eyes and take a deep breath. I wasn't worried; I was excited. I'd never imagined that this was what a real wedding was supposed to feel like. It was too stressful. But I loved the outcome of it.

As I was about to open my eyes, I heard my dad say, “We're ready when you are, Audrey.”

I stood up with hands shaking and legs wobbling. Holy hell! I was about to pass out from the anxiousness.

“You look beautiful, honey,” my dad said softly, taking my hands in his as my mom picked up Marcus. “You really have blossomed into a woman that this world needs to look out for. I never dreamed that I'd be the father of a girl who could take the worst scenarios and create something worth while. You've got the heart to change the world, and I think Matt's the man to help you.”

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek, still having to get up on my bare tip toes to do so. The wedding was on the beach, so I decided I would go barefoot and put my shoes on when we headed towards the pier for the lunch.

“My little girl finally has her little piece of heaven,” my dad said, laughing as I rolled my eyes at him. “I know...I'm too old to quote your husband's songs. I'm sorry for the embarrassment.”

As I was about to help Travis -who'd entered while I was talking to my dad- with picking up and carrying Adrian, Mark walked in in a tux and dress shoes. He looked around and smiled directly at me as I copied.

“I wasn't about to miss my best friend's wedding. Plus I'd like the free food and beer,” he laughed.

I stepped towards him and threw my arms around his neck warmly. He hugged my waist and kissed my forehead as I stared up at him. “I'm so glad you came, Mark,” I confessed. “I was scared you'd never be here to support me.”

Mark smiled. “You never needed my approval, Audrey. You're a mature, grown woman. The way you acted, it made me realize that you were always right. So i apologize now.”

“You're forgiven,” I said, grabbing my bouquet of pale-yellow and pink roses off of the couch. I held them close to my stomach and sighed. “Now how about you go take a seat and let everyone know I'm about to go.”

Mark laughed and kissed my cheek before following my mom and Travis out to the ceremony area. My dad wrapped his arm through my own and we headed out of the tent's flap and onto a trail of rose petals. I could hear everyone suddenly quieting and I took a soothing, relaxing inhale before exhaling. “I'm ready,” I told my dad.

He nodded, and I followed him onto the real isle, Matt and everyone visible now. Everyone stood up simultaneously, and I smiled. Matt wore black slacks with a black button down, long sleeve dress shirt, a white tie bringing it all together nicely.

“Don't cry just yet,” my dad whispered into my ear as we glided down the little sand and rose petals isle.

I smiled and sniffled a little bit as I grew more and more aware of how close I was to my new life. It may not seem like a silly legality and ceremony would change people much, but to me it was like a new start on a life you thought was going nowhere. I wasn't about to try and ponder what might have happened if Matt and I had never met. Why would I want to? He was the greatest gift of all, and he was mine to unravel bit by bit for the rest of my life.

My dad turned me towards him at the end of the isle, kissing my cheek before he hesitantly handed me to Matt. He gave me that fatherly smile before he looked up at Matt and nodded lightly.

My eyes shifted to meet Matt's, and I smiled harder than ever, my face becoming numb from the muscles working together and locking into place. I couldn't have forced myself to frown if I wanted to. Not that I would have ever wanted to.

The pastor- Pastor Greg- smiled down on Matt and me before welcoming everyone to the joyous occasion at hand. I didn't pay attention to anything he said, though, because all I wanted was to look into Matt's eyes and see the same love I have for him reflected back in his. I wanted to see a life that was as perfect as Eden was, and I already felt the sense of love and gratitude that it held within its walls standing in front of Matt.

“Would Audrey please repeat her vows to Matt,” Pastor Greg finally said, catching me off guard a little bit.

My mom handed me my vows, written on a small piece of floral stationary in blue ink. I trembled as my mom took away my flowers and I started to read the words.

“Matt,” I began nervously. “I can only start out by saying that I love you more than I thought I could ever love someone. My life was rough when I was growing up, and I still carry some of those burdens on my shoulders. But you help to alleviate those pains and those humiliations. Without you, I'd have walked this life in search of someone to call my own, and I would have never found them. You're everything to me, Matt. I would be a liar to say that you weren't my every thought and dream, and I'd be a sinner to disagree that I was yours.”

I started to sob, smiling to try and force myself to continue on as Matt smiled warmly at me. “All I need is to see your smile everyday of my life, and I'll be okay. You're all I need, all I want, and more than I ever dreamed of. I want nothing more than to be your everything, too. I love you.”

Matt nodded as I glanced up at him from my piece of paper, handing it back to my mom as he grabbed my hands in his. “Audrey, you're the most breath taking sight I've ever seen. When I'm around you, I don't think I need to think twice about what I want in life, because I know you are my life. I've never met someone who made me fear and enjoy love as much as you. Together we'll have the rest of our lives to learn what life is all about. And I just want to say you're the first thing I think of when I wake up, and the last thought before I lay my head down at night. I love you.”

Pastor Greg nodded as Matt and I held hands once again, and I wiped away a few stray tears before smiling reassuringly at him. The pastor read a passage from the bible, and then asked the ring bearer, Mikey, to bring us the wedding bands. I knelt down, kissing Mikey on the head before letting him scamper away towards my dad, who picked him up and held him tightly.

“Repeat after me,” Pastor Greg informed Matt, as Matt followed his words:

“I Matt, take you, Audrey, to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold, through sickness and in health, for richer or poorer; for better or worse, for the rest of my life.”

He slid the ring on slowly as my breath caught and I struggled to inhale. He actually bit his lip to try and keep himself from crying, as well, and I laughed just a little as I repeated the process, too. Our wedding bands sat silver on our wedding-ring fingers, symbolizing our sanctity and conjoint in life.

My heart found an odd pattern within my chest and I smiled when I wondered if it now was beating along with Matt's. Maybe by joining we had finally become one and our mind and souls would forever be in one unifying pulse. Whatever it was, it kept me from realizing I was now Matt's wife.

I was now Audrey “Shadows” Saunders. Wife of a rock god.

Matt smiled and I looked at him closely as he leaned down to meet my trembling lips. I closed my eyes, his arms wrapping around my shoulders gently as our lips locked for the first time as husband and wife. It sparkled with a taste of electricity and warmth as we continued to take a gentle and romantic smooch, our families clapping loudly around us.

When we pulled apart, I opened my eyes slowly and felt like I was looking at Matt for the first time. My whole body trembled and quivered as he took my hand and led us down the isle towards the pier as everyone waited a couple of minutes for us to be ready.

Upon arriving at the maroon, cream and white designed reception on the private pier yards away, Matt turned towards me and scooped me up into his arms. I held him close and began to cry lightly. “Don't cry, Audrey,” he said softly. “You're alright. We're together forever now.”

I nodded and laughed at myself for tearing up. “I know that,” I said, wiping away the tears on my cheeks with the backs of my hands. “I'm just so happy I can't really function. I can't believe I'm married to you. You're so amazing, and you could have any girl you wanted, and you chose me. I love it. I love you.”

Matt smiled and chuckled. “I never wanted any one else. I went through a lot of heart breaks, yeah, but it was because I was building up to a new heart that would beat faster and last longer than my old one did. You're my whole world, now and forever, Audrey. Remember that.”

“I love you,” I whispered into his chest as we hugged.

He kissed the top of my head and said, “And I will always love you.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the reception, and after both sets of parents and friends had gone back to the resorts, Matt and I jumped into a limousine and sped off towards our luxury suite at a prestige hotel in the O.C.

“You're fidgeting,” he said, grabbing my shaking hands as I quickly glanced up at him from the ground of the limousine. “Why are you so nervous?”

I rolled my eyes jokingly and took a trembling deep breath. “Maybe because I've only been with one other person. How else am I supposed to act? Too proud of myself?”

Matt chuckled and said, “Maybe it'd help. Don't worry, we won't rush into anything you feel is too uncomfortable. I promise.”

“Just...Just take it slow for right now,” I said softly into his ear, trying to jokingly send a teasing tone in my message.

Matt looked at me and rested his head backwards on the seat. “Now you're messing with my head.”