Niley: The Real Story

Not So Close Couple

I went home thinking about the look on Miley's face right before she closed the door. She looked puzzled at first and that turned into a serious look. My thoughts were interrupted by Joe,

"Hey, what was wrong with you today? You practically ignored everyone, including Miley."

"Yeah. Miley seemed mad cause you didn't talk to her," Kevin added.

"Nothing guys. I just wasn't feeling good, that's all. I'm tired," I answered. They didn't reply so I kept thinking. I couldn't get my mind off the kiss with Selena. I kept picturing her face. The image wouldn't leave my mind and neither would the look on Miley's face. I went to my room and climbed into bed without saying a word to anyone and ignored Frankie's usual comment when I would walk in the door. I fell asleep right away. I didn't realize I really was tired.
That night I dreamt about the kiss, as if I had watched it from far, but when I pulled back I realized that Miley was watching, heartbroken. I woke up sweating and sat up in bed. I stayed awake for about an hour. This was the first time a kiss has made such an impact on me. I don't really know Selena but for some reason I couldn't get my mind off of her. I fell asleep later still replaying the dream in my head.
The next morning, I got a text from Miley
"Hey I need 2 talk 2 u. can u come over 2day?" I didn't know what to say. Did she know about the kiss? Did Mandy or Selena tell? I was scared but I texted back and said yes. We decided to meet at 3:00 at the park down the street. It wasn't far so I could just walk.
Later that afternoon I began to walk to the park. I couldn't think straight. When I arrived I saw Miley sitting on the bench next to the fountain. I nervously walked up to her and said,

"So you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah. About the other night. What happened? You ignored me and kept staring at Selena the whole night and was totally quiet."

"I wasn't feeling good," I lied,"I was daydreaming so I didn't notice I was staring."

"Okay then explain why she was staring back at you and was also very quiet and I saw you guys did make eye-contact and she got red when you did.

"Maybe she likes me babe but you know I only like you,"I sounded so sure of myself but I wasn't, "Don't worry nothing happened Miley."

"Ok I guess I have to trust that. I love you Nick."

I felt horrible when she said that. I couldn't stand lying to her, but I had to because she was already suspicious and I didn't want her friendship with Selena and our relationship to be ruined because of a stupid dare that her best friend made us do. She leaned in and kissed me and I kissed back, still not satisfied. I felt so guilty as I walked home. I got a message from Miley saying that tomorrow she's inviting the same people over and she wants my brothers and I to go over. I agreed to it only to talk to Selena.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe and comment plz!!