Cianide's the New Lemonade

14

“Here, Hayls!” Ella held up the white face paint. “And this’ll be good for Jeremy,” in her other hand she held a pack of multicolored face paint crayons.

“How often do you come here?” I laughed, grabbing the paint. “You know where everything is.”

“Well some of the costumes can be used as normal clothes and sometimes it’s fun to just walk around and try on costumes. The usual guy who works here hates me. I think his most used phrase is ‘buy something or get the hell out’.”

“That’s rude.”

“Yeah but after that I buy a piece of candy and go, ‘there, I bought something!’ and try on more costumes.”

“Is he here today?” I asked, looking over at the counter where a bored old man was sitting.

“No, the owner’s working. Let’s go check on the guys.”

We walked a few isles over and found them having a light saber/sword/devil pitchfork fight. They were jabbing at each other with their plastic weapons, none of them noticed us.

“You’re dead, Zac!” Jeremy called out, waving the sword around.

“No way! I still have two lives left.”

“Nope. Josh sliced off your arm and I just got you in the gut. That’s two lives gone.”

“Light sabers can’t slice arms off.”

“They can too!”

“I’ve never seen one do that.”

“Well you’ve never watched a proper light saber fight. Plus his is blue which makes it extra sharp.”

“You just made that up.”

“No, it’s in the ultimate Star Wars Guide in the Light Saber chapter.”

“Are you two really arguing over light sabers?” I laughed; Ella sat down on the floor and burst out laughing after holding it in during the argument.

“Hey, when’d you get here?” Jeremy asked, scratching the back of his head.

“Just in time to see you kill Zac, sorry about that.”

“I’m not dead!”

“He’s just in denial,” Jeremy sighed.

“I give up.”

“Have-have any of you found costumes?” Ella asked with a tiny giggle.

“I found a farmer’s hat and this,” Zac held up his pitchfork. “I’ll be a demonic farmer.”

“That is definitely different, I love it!” Ella exclaimed. “What about you two?” she asked Jeremy and Josh.

“I got some fake blood and torn clothes.”

“Okay and I found some face paints for you. Josh, anything?”

“There’s a helmet with stars on it and these cool sunglasses.”

“I just need to get a white dress and shoes.”

“And I already have my dress, so I guess we’re done here.”

After we got all of our things, and Jeremy and Josh decided to get the light saber and sword, we went to the cashier to pay. We got a discount because we’re students.

“Do you know when the next bus into the city is?” Ella asked the man.

“In about an hour,” he said after checking the chart.

“Thanks!” she called while we left the store. “That means we have time to go to the school, drop off our stuff, and get a teacher chaperone.”

“Who should we ask?”

“Ms. Webber, she’s the sophomore girl dorm advisor,” Ella said. “She’s so nice.”

“Lead the way,” I said, waving my hand towards the direction of the school.

She smiled, grabbed my hand, and began to skip down the street with the rest of us following.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that the past few chapters have been such fillers but at least I'm updating right?