An Ocean Between

Dairy Kisses

We got to the ice-cream shop in 5 minutes. The line was pretty long considering the fact that it 95 degrees outside. We waited until we were finally at the cash register. I noticed that the cashier girl's eye widened when she noticed who I was with.

"I'd like a chocolate and vanilla scoop" he told the cashier,"What would you like, Ani?" he asked, turning his attention to me.

"Um, I'd like a cookies and cream scoop" I'd told him. He repeated it to the cashier who had paid no attention to me.

"Th-that'll be 5.50, sir" the cashier stuttered. He handed her a 10 dollar bill and she gave him back his change, her hand trembling. To tell you the truth, I found it quite hilarious.

Another worker, a guy, handed us our frozen treats and we walked over to the middle of the shop, licking our scoops.

"Do you want eat these inside or outside?" He asked.

"Outside" I said, slightly uncomfortable that the cashier still had her eyes on Alex.

"Okie dokie artichokey!" He said, causing me to laugh at his choice of words.

We walked out side and sat in the grass, leaning up against the ice-cream shop's brick wall.

"So, Ani. Tell me about yourself."

"Well, my name is Ani Katherine Bevetts. I was born and raised in Seattle. My favorite color is green."

"My name is Alexander William Gaskarth. I was born and raised in Baltimore. My favorite color is also green. So yay! We have something in common!" He said, grinning and then taking a bit out of his cone.

"My favorite food is pizza"

"Mine is cake"

I gasped. "You fat kid!" I said, poking his belly and giggling.

"Stop! I''m very sensitive about my weight!"

"What weight? You barely weigh anything!"

"I bet I could pick you up."

"I bet you can't!" I said, eating the remains of my ice-cream cone. He got up and grabbed me, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Stop! Alex, put me down. You win!" I said, laughing hysterically He set me down on the grass.

"What's my prize?"

"I dunno, nothing?"

"I have an idea of what I want my prize to be." He said, his dimpled grin returning.

"What might that be?" My breathing speeding when I realized how close he was to me.

"You." He whispered, his lips crashing into mine. The butterflies that I felt when I met him started to feel more like bats. My eyes automatically closed and I wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms wrapped around my waist. It felt like pure bliss sitting there kissing him.

What I didn't know was David was 20 feet away from us, watching the whole thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.O I apoligize that I am no good at writing kissing scenes
I'm going to post another chapter today, kays?

Okay, so here's the dealio(lol):

I start high school on Monday(August 25th). I will not have that much time to update so you'll have to be patient with me. I have homework, I have dance practice for my cousin's Quince, I have to take care of my beagle puppy(I'm getting him/her next week), and I possibly might have guitar lessons. That's alot on my plate...BUT I will try to update when I can.

Love you's!