The Next Big Thing.

The writing has a purpose . . .

Gerards insides twisted as she looked up at him once more. Her eyes drove deeply into him like shards of glass through flesh.

‘Hi’, she said, in barely more than a whisper. She looked away, her side fringe flopping forward to cover her delicate facial features. Gerard blushed, flattered at her attention to him, regardless of the span being rather succinct. He looked up only to notice that Ray was no longer standing opposite from him.

‘Fucking hell, Gerard !’

Ray was in Gerards living room, his hands flicking through pieces of paper.

‘Fuck, Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck !’

‘What !’

Gerard strolled in, still somnolent, into the living room. He spotted Ray glancing down upon the ink-ridden paper in his hands. Gerard walked across the room next to him, and saw that Ray was holding . . .

‘Get the fuck off !’ Gerard yelled, take hold of the paper from Rays clutch. His lyrics and writing were his form of comfort, and such a dire invasion into his privacy more than frustrated him.

‘Where did you get these ? Did you write them ? Who wrote them ? When did . . .

‘Fuck off alright !’ Gerard roared, cutting Ray off and into silence.
‘Do you honestly think it’s okay to simply walk in to my house and have a pick at whatever you fancy ?! Would you like it if I did that to you ?’ Gerard shrieked, incensed.

‘Look, Gerard, I ain’t gonna lose my cool. To be honest I don’t need too. I just have an idea about those lyrics, if I am right in saying they are indeed lyrics ?’

‘Yes, who the fuck wants to know?’

From the corner of the room, came Keiras voice.

‘I do’.