The Next Big Thing.

A request.

Gerard was sprinting down, tearing down the empty road, his messenger bag knocking his knees as he went. He flew past people, raging through the crowds of kids and outcasts. Keira was waiting for him, and because it’s her, he couldn’t possibly keep this beauty waiting. Skidding to a halt, right outside her apartment block in Belleville, just a few streets away from himself, Gerard pushed his way into the block. It was a literal duplicate of Gerards apartment. The walls were dilapidated, the wallpaper clinging to the wall on it’s last inch of survival. The lights were bright, ultraviolet to a certain extent. Gerard walked over to the speaker, and pressed for the number 15. He relapsed backwards, waiting for a reply.

‘Is that you, Gerard ?’

‘Yeah it’s me’

The elevator door clicked and opened, Gerard rushed into it. The doors clanged shut, and the elevator did it’s daily routine. The doors were half open and Gerard was already at Kieras door. He was late as it is, he didn’t want to keep her waiting any longer. He looked at himself in the mirror on the wall beside the door. He ran his fingers through his hair, at least trying to make himself look somewhat neat.

‘Fuck’, he muttered to himself. He knocked on the door, stood slightly backwards, trying to look relaxed. It was hard for him to be relaxed at these times, he always became self conscious. She opened up the door. Again, her radiant beauty shone outward and on to Gerard.

‘Hey Gerard. What the hell took you so long ?’

‘Oh, uhm . . .’

Gerard stumbled past Keira, somewhat embarrassed. He walked unsteadily into the living room, where he saw Ray. They high fived and sat down on her sofa. There was guitar and drum equipment littered on the floor. Gerard stared at it all, wondering what the hell it was doing there. His thoughts were interrupted as Keira stumbled in.

‘Sorry guys. Right. Gerard, uhm, those lyrics that you wrote. Do you have them with you ? The thing is, we have a band coming round, who I know well. They’re called ‘My Chemical Romance’.’

‘Cheyeah, that sounds familiar.’ Ray chuckled. How could people forget ge was the lead guitarist for them.

‘Uhm yeah. Gerard, Ray is the lead guitarist for them. We were wondering if you would like to let us use some lyrics, or something . . . ?’