The Next Big Thing.

A pleasant attraction . . .

As Gerard was about to reply, a crash came from outside the door. Keira spun round in alarm, but as the door burst open, she relaxed.

‘Frank, you gonna disturb someone badly one of these days, either get off the pills or calm down !!’

Frank stumbled into Gerards sight. He was short, rather timid looking, with lashes of black hair covering his eyes and forehead. His eyes were shaky, somewhat out of focus, rolling back and forth. His walked - or what was Franks interpretation of a walk - into the room and sat down on the sofa opposite to Gerard. Another figure walked in, this time, slightly, just slightly, more recognisable.

‘Mikey !!!’ Gerard cheered, as his brother sauntered into the room where the rest of them were sitting. They high-fived, and Mikey slumped down next to Frank.

‘So’, Keira began, ‘ I have brought Gerard here because I have seen some of these lyrics he has written, and I thought . . .’

‘Hang on a moment ! Gerard can write ??’ Mikey interrupted, somewhat lamely. Gerard sneered, and motioned Keira to carry on.

‘Well, I thought they would make decent lyrics for the band. I’m sure you guys could put some sort of melody to it.’ Keira continued. She looked around at their blunt, weary faces and said,

‘Who’s been dishing out cocaine again ??’

‘Way !!!! We have a winner !’ Frank jeered.

‘Frank, shut up. So then, if you’re not all that high, what do you think ?’ Gerard was not focusing on the fact that his lyrics were about to be used, it was more important that Keira was paying attention to him. She liked him. Gerards heart paced faster at these thoughts. He really liked her, despite only knowing her for a few days, he was attracted to her.

‘This could be going somewhere . . .’ he thought, rather keenly. . .