Slip Into The Tragedy.

Chapter Twelve

Image

Frank’s POV

“Holy shit, Lex” I murmured, feeling her body became more weaker then became fully motionless.

I looked down at her limp body. Just moments before her soft hazel eyes were large and fearful, as she was trying so hard to protect any part of her body against me. I bent down to her level, regret and remorse flaring through my veins. And in a flash of a second my eyes were burning with tears that were soon cascading down my pale cheeks.

Fuck, see what you’ve down now Iero?

I touched her swollen cheeks and wiped away the tears from them. I could hardly believe what has gotten in to me, this was never the way that I resolve my anger. I would never hurt her, never in a billion years would I dream of treating her like this, no matter how much I hated her. Although I didn’t feel not even a little dislike to her, I was treating her worse than I have treated anyone in my whole life. I truly care for her, this never meant to happen.

And then it hit me. About three things I was absolutely and completely certain about.

The first, the thought that sunk in first in to the pit of my stomach, and the most obvious of the three; I had beaten up the most important person in my life. I didn’t even care the fact that she doesn’t even speak to me without snide remarks or meaningless argument and torments, she was the most important thing to me since I first laid eyes on her. She was different, no doubt about it, not like the other girls at her age who would like to compare their barbies and dressed like princesses on Halloween, she would become a witch or a vampire - and at that time - matching the costume that I was wearing. Why would you hurt a person that is so important to you? I couldn’t even imagine how life is without her, even though our friendship isn’t that great right now.

The second, the knowledge that her over protective brothers and male best friends are downstairs. They are undoubtedly ready to beat me into a pulp if anything happens to Alex. She was always the little girl, the one they were always protecting. She doesn’t only have 2 brothers but she has 4. Bob and Ray look out for her like she is a sister they never had. Often, she likes to complain jokingly at them saying that she would die old and alone with 12 cats because they scare any guy that even attempted to ask her out. I laughed to myself when she said that, she wouldn’t die alone, she is far to perfect for that. Any guy who loves her enough would want to fight for her, and do anything it takes to get her, because she is that desirable. I didn’t get why guys aren’t lining up to date her.

The last, and the one that gave me the most chills; is the undeniable thought that I truly and irrevocably in love with her. It isn’t just how much I care about her or it isn’t just how much I miss her, this weird happy yet painful feeling is undeniably love. I mean what else could it be? When I ask certain people,

‘What is truly love?’ and ‘How would you know that you’re feeling it?’.

They would say along the lines of;

‘It is the most beautiful yet painful feeling, it will leave you confused and dazed at some times, but also blissful and so much at ease. Even sometimes, it would feel like some one is holding on to your heart, but you feel that it’s okay because you know that it is in the right hands. As for how do you know, you just do. There isn’t a specific moment when you’ll know right away that the feeling is love, especially if it is your first time, you wouldn’t even know that it was there.’

That is exactly what I am feeling. A weird swooping feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I see her, or merely hear the sound of her voice. I never showed it of course, that would be weird. Her smile – even though it wasn’t directed to me – was still the most breathtaking think I’ve seen all my life. I now realize that I love her more than anything my being can comprehend. It is the most confusing thing in the world, I couldn’t control it. It feels like she has my heart in her hands, but doesn’t even know it.

Suddenly something that I prayed and hoped since the moment that I realized what I’ve done happened. The door of Alex’s room banged open and a smiling and cheerful Mikey bounded into the room, holding his hand is Alicia who was also giggling slightly.

“LEX! Guess what? Me and Alicia are finally going out!” He slurred, but then his eyes widened as he saw me standing over Alex’s bruised and bloody body. They both sobered up instantly.

“What the fucking hell, Iero?” Mikey hissed, venom dripping from every syllable.

“Mikes, relax for a minute.” Alicia said worriedly, her eyes wide and fearful as she pulled Mikey’s hand closer to her. “I’m going to call Gerard, don’t do anything irrational”

And with that she bolted out of the room, probably going to hunt down Gerard by screaming that his best friend murdered his sister, I bet that’s what this looks like to them.

“I’ll ask again, what the fuckng hell did you do?” Mikey roared, his eyes showing pure hatred

“Mikes – I – I – it wasn’t supposed to…” I stuttered, backing away from him. Sure he’s lanky, but this guy can take me down in a heartbeat

“Spit it out, asshole” Mikey said, his fists curling into balls, ready to attack in any second.

“I didn’t mean for this to happen” I said, my eyes darting every where to look anywhere but him.

“DIDN’T MEAN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN?!” Mikey shouted.

Then he flew from his spot to lung at me, but before he did. Bob came into the room and got a hold of Mikey’s waist, stopping him from any immediate action. Gerard, Ray and Alicia ran into the room just a mere second after Bob did, all of their eyes are on me.

“Bob bring Mikey to his room, I don’t think he needs to be here right now, Alicia you could go there too. Ray get a wet cloth and bring it up for me.” Gerard said, still looking straight at me. The others obeyed him wordlessly. Everyone except Mikey who kept thrashing and shouting insults at me, Bob still kept a strong grip on him and carried him out of the room, with Alicia in his heels.

The room now was in awkward silence, to me anyway. Gerard seems to be in perfect ease, his eyes glaring, but not as much as Mikey and he seems to not hate me as much as Mikey did either. But he watched every single move a made.

My eyes glance to and from Alex’s seemingly dead body on the floor, her hair was messy and disastrous and every inch of her body is covered with bruises, and even is some places, blood. Remorse and regret flowed through me again like mice on speed, my heart ached as I reminded myself that I was the cause to this.

At that thought Ray came into the room and handed Gerard a wet towel, he left without saying another word. Gerard crouched down and sat beside her body, finally tearing his eyes away from me.

“Wait I’ll do it, Gee” I said, taking the cloth quickly from him and sitting next to her head. I cleaned out the blood from her lips and her nose gently, careful not to press to hard on the bruises.

I felt my eyes started to brim with tears again.

I am the cause of this.

Subconsciously I traced my fingers softly on her cheeks, and tucked some of the stray hair behind her ears.

“Why did you do it?” Gerard said, abruptly. I almost forgot that he was here.

“I don’t know” I whispered, trying to blink my tears away. But they just cascaded down my cheeks betraying me.

“Frank, why would you beat up someone that you love the most?” Gerard asked, desperately. He sighed. “I’m so sick of you guys hurting each other, mostly you hurting her but still, I’m sick of it.”

I stayed silent, still cleaning her wounds. I averted my eyes from him so that I don’t need to talk to him. But I kept my eyes on her face the whole time, trying to memorize every single detail of her face up close before becoming enemies once more when she woke up.

“I know you like her” He accused, quietly. And at this I looked up at him.

“N – n – no – no I don’t” I stuttered

“Like hell you don’t Frank” Gerard said sarcastically, then continuing seriously. “You love her more than you can comprehend, you write off those feelings as missing your best friend, but she is so much more than just a friend to you. You love her so much that I bet it hurts. That is why I’m asking; why the hell are you hurting someone that you love the most? And don’t even try to deny it.”

“I – ok, so maybe I like her” I muttered, looking down

Gerard shot me an exasperated look.

“Well I like her a lot” I said, scowling at him

“Don’t make me come over there and smack you head” Gerard growled

“Fine! I fucking love her!” I cried, burying me head into my hands. “Are you happy now?”

“Very” Gerard said, smirking. “But you know, there are other ways that you can impress a girl rather than beating her up. Which comes into my second point. Why the fuck did you beat up my sister?”

“Well,” I hesitated, not sure how he’ll take it. “I thought she was ignoring me. She wasn’t giving me the attention that she usually gave me, it really bothers me. It’s like she’s finally decided that I wasn’t worth her time.”

The room was silent for a good minute or two before Gerard finally spoke up.

“Frank, there are actually other ways that you can get her attention” He said softly

I didn’t speak, just gently exhaled the breath that I held incase of an outburst.

“But there is something that you need to know about her” Gerard said quietly. “Something that made her act weird all day”

And at his words I raised my head curiously. He was silent for a moment, apparently debating with himself to tell me or not.

“Well?” I asked, impatience evident in my voice

“You see, Lex isn’t actually my sister” Gerard said raising his head to look at me.

“What?!” I gasped, shocked as hell

“You see,” Gerard started again. “Her mother was my mother’s twin sister. Lex’s whole family died in a car accident, coincidentally on their way to meet us on her and Mikey’s 6th birthday dinner. My mom was her godmother and in Lex’s parent’s will, our family must take care of Lex or her brother if anything happens to their parents. So we legally adopted her, and changed her last name into Way. Even her name isn’t Alex to begin with”

“What is it?” I whispered, trying ot process all the information in.

“Helena” Gerard said, grinning. “Helena Alexandria Way. She was named after my grandmother.”

“Wait, what has this got to do with her acting weird all day?” I asked, thinking hard if he already said it before or not.

“Today is the day that her parents and brother died” Gerard informed me grimly. “She always acted like this on her birthday, we’re trying to cheer her up, maybe this party would loosen her up. We’re glad that she found Alicia, this is one of her best birthday’s so far.”

“Wow” I breathed, looking down at her bruised but peaceful face. “God, I feel like shit.”

“You should” Gerard frowned.

“Frankie”

Both of us whipped our heads down to Alex’s face, still lying on the floor. Her mouth twitched and she’s stirring slowly.

“Even in her sleep, my sister still knows what she wants” Gerard muttered, smiling to himself. I didn’t even look up from her pale face, hope and fear etched to my features.

“I’ll leave you two alone” Gerard said, getting up to his feet. “Talk to her Frank, God knows you both need it.”

With that he walks out the door. And on the floor Alex’s eyes finally opened slowly.

Frank?
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys :]
seriously i feel so fucking bad :[
im sorry if the updates are so slow,
but i guess i can promise you about one chapter a week.
maybe more if i have the time.

and another important thing is:
i wont be updating for 2 weeks because im going to europe :]
which is going to be fun,
but bad without internet or my laptop :[
so no updates for a week.
i'll probably make it up to you sometime :D

xx
claudia

ps. comments are love :]