Slip Into The Tragedy.

Chapter Two

Image

10 Years Later

“MIKEEEEEEYYY!!” I shouted up the stairs. My dear ‘brother’ just broke my Misfits CD. That’s right, he broke it, as in smashed it in half. Stupid Fucker.
“Mikey get your skinny little bony ass down here!” I yelled.

I tore up the stairs in blinding speed I thought I didn’t have, and banged on his bedroom door.
“MIIIKEEEEEEEYYYY!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.
Then I heard him laughing from inside. Wait. That isn’t Mikey’s laugh.

“What are you yelling my name for?” An amused voice said from behind me.

I yelped in surprised and smacked a grinning Mikey on the arm. Wait, Mikey?

“Hey, what was that for?” He whined, rubbing his arm

“You do NOT scare people like that, Michael James friggen Way!” I said loudly. “And who the fuck is in your room? That person broke my Misfits CD!”

Mikey pressed his ear against the doorframe. After a slight pause, his slight frown turned into a mischievous smirk.

“No.” I stated simply, folding my arms

He nodded, his smirk getting even more pronounced.

“Oh, HELL NO!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

At that exact moment, Mikey’s bedroom door flew open. And a laughing Frank Iero came bursting out, carrying my broken Misfits CD.

“Here, you can have it back!” Frank said smugly, throwing the Misfits CD to me, still laughing his ass off.

My hands however, curled into little tight balls. And my eyes narrowed down to little slits. I can take him, I think. He’s only two inches taller than me. We were both 16 and two little midgets, and apparently I’m a smaller midget than he is.

I felt Mikey’s eyes widen from beside me.

“Now, now, Lexa.” Mikey’s now anxious voice reached my ears. “Stay calm.”

The moment those words came out of his mouth, I lunged at Frank. But a strong pair of arms wrapped themselves on my waist to prevent me from killing Frank right then and there.

“Now, now, Alex. Mom says no fighting in the house” Gerard’s amused voice came from the side of my head.

“LET GO, GERARD!” I yelled, still kicking and squirming to get out of his grip.

Frank just ran off, still laughing. He also managed to step on my already broken Misfits CD on the floor, breaking it into a million tiny little pieces. As you can probably see, I hate Frank Fucking Iero. He’s a worthless piece of shit, and he definitely hates me too.

10 Years Earlier. (1st day of 1st grade)

Aunt Donna led me and Mikey through an unfamiliar set of hallways. Mikey had been in this school for about a week, and knows his way around, not counting the few times when he got lost on the way to the bathroom. Will I fit in? Will they accept me? I looked down at my clothes, I was wearing a knee length black skirt and a red top, with red ballet flats. I glanced at Mikey that was walking beside me in his usual jeans and black t-shirt. He looks so confident, maybe because he’s already been here already.

Also now, Aunt Donna and Uncle Don decided to adopt me as their child. Therefore changing my last name into ‘Way’ rather than my original name ‘Redmond’. Also, because they decide it would have too much pressure for a six year-old to be called an adopted child, they made it look like Mikey and me are twins. Not like there is much to do, I already look like Mikey. We have the same hazel eyes and dark brown hair. Our birthdays are also the same, 10th of September, in the same year and the same hospital, so I’ve been told by Aunt Donna. Her and my mom went into labor the same time, Mikey being born at 3 am, me at 5 am. I was born prematurely, that explains my lack of height, and I was a midget even for the age of 6.

Finally we reached a door labeled, “1st grade”. It was a plain wooden door with a see-through window. I could make out colorful walls inside with airplanes and boats painted on them. I grabbed Aunt Donna’s hand harder as she looked down at me, smiling her usual soft smile.

“You’re gonna be fine, Alexa” Aunt Donna said.

Now, they also changed my name into Alexa, because it is my middle name. My full name now is Helena Alexandria Way, they just call me Alexa. Except for Mikey and Gerard, who likes to call me Lexa for some reason. I always found that name adorable, and I always liked that name better than Helena because it reminds me of my grandmother. I love her so much and she spoils me all the time, because I was her only granddaughter. She lives here in Jersey and comes to Mikey and Gerard’s house all the time. Well, I guess my house now too. But no matter how much I love her, no young girl wanted to be thought of as her grandmother.

We stepped into the brightly lit room and were immediately greeted by what I assumed to be the teacher. She has light brown hair and beautiful green eyes. Her nametag said ‘Ms. Cope’.

Slightly behind her, I saw a boy with piercing green eyes and dark brown hair. He gazed softly into my eyes, I couldn’t look away, and I feel like I’m melting in his gaze. He was alone, just sitting there reading a thick book. Something a six year old couldn’t read, or could he? People around him walked and talked cheerfully, but I can only see him, and him only. It’s like he’s the only one in the room.

From the moment our eyes connect, I knew he was different. Not like anyone I’ve met or seen. And also he was beautiful. His pointed chin and thin lips only enhanced the beauty that I saw in him.

He was flawless.

I was staring right back at him, not that anyone can see me do it, nobody paid attention to my presence as much as he did right now.

Then suddenly the woman spoke to us. Breaking my gaze at him, as I try to catch my train of thought.

“Hi Donna!” She greeted warmly. “Hi Mikey!”

“Hi Ms. Cope!” Mikey said cheerfully.

“Hi Victorie” Aunt Donna said, smiling. “Well this is the one I’ve been telling you about”

“Wow, she is gorgeous.” Ms. Cope said approvingly.

I blushed scarlet. Behind Ms. Cope the boy smiled slightly, still gazing into my eyes at a distance, although now not as intense as before.

“Thank you” I said softly, thanking my mother silently for teaching me manners in such young age.

“And such a sweetheart too!” Ms. Cope said while laughing lightly. “Well I’m Ms. Cope and I’m your 1st grade teacher. And you’re Alexa right?”

“Yes” I said shyly, looking down at my feet. I caught the glance of the boy behind Ms.Cope’s shoulder again.

“Don’t worry dear, there is nothing to be afraid of.” She said, then looking at Aunt Donna. “Do you want to stay? Or you want to leave them both with me?”

“Do you want me to stay, honey?” Aunt Donna said to me.

“It’s okay, mommy.” I said back, trying to get use to what I have to call her from now on.

“Okay, bye sweetie.” Aunt Donna said, as she kissed me in the forehead.

“Hey!” Mikey protested from the other side of Aunt Donna. Folding his arms crossly. “You forgot about ME?!”

“Of course I didn’t baby” Aunt Donna laughed, kissing Mikey on the forehead too.

Instantly Mikey’s face lit up and he beamed at her. I laughed slightly at Mikey’s stupid expression. At the sound of my laugh, the boy behind Ms. Cope’s shoulder’s eyes lit up slightly. As if it was music in his ears.

Aunt Donna walked out the door, waving at me and Mikey. Ms. Cope crouched down to my level and said,

“C’mon Alex, let’s get you introduced to the class.” She whispered, taking my hand. I let her took it as she let me into the front of the class.

“Everyone!” She said in a loud voice, all the kids in the room stopped talking immediately and faced her. “We have a new student in the class, Alexa Way, Mikey’s twin sister. I want you all to make her feel welcome. Class is about to begin!”

All the students shuffled around to their seats as I stood uncomfortably on Ms. Cope’s side, I didn’t know where to go. When everyone sat down at their assigned seats, I looked up to Ms. Cope. Apparently she got the message. She looked to the back of the classroom and saw an empty desk.

“Alexa, you can sit back there, next to Frank.” Ms. Cope said to me in a gentle tone.

“Ok” I whispered as I made my way to the back. I kept my head on my shoes the whole time as I sat in the empty desk.

“Hey,” I heard someone whispered next to me. I raised my head, and came into eye contact once more to the boy that has been staring at me earlier.

“Hi,” I said shyly, gazing once more to those hypnotizing orbs of green that was his eyes.

“I’m Frank” He said, smiling a cute little contagious smile, extending his hand to mine.

“I’m Alexa,” I said, taking his hand, and biting my lip nervously

He smiled at me, and I smiled shyly back. Our eyes never once left one another.

I could tell, that he’s different from the first time I met him.
I could tell, that he’s going to turn my life around.
But I didn’t say that he’s going to turn my life for the better.
Actually, I think it’s the exact opposite.