Feels Just Like We're Losing Control

Chapter 6

School was stressful. Again. When was it not that way? In first period, we were assigned seats. Of course, I'm now in between a freak that smells like cheese and a girl that mumbles to herself. Fantastic. I was shoved thirteen times on my way to third period and I was late to 4th period. But now it was 5th period, and I was with Hayley again. She smelled good, like a light citrus scent. Our assignment was to start a portrait of our partners. I knew I was going to somehow embarrass myself, especially since we had to full body portraits and close ups.

"Make me sexy," I whispered to Hayley.

She laughed and looked me in the eyes.

"Just letting you know, I'll kill you if you draw my hair before I change it this weekend."

"Whoa, the violence!" I teased.

She laughed and blushed more. Our first task was to go outside and take a full body shot. Hayley had her own camera, so we didn't need the ones the teacher offered. She leaned against the school and stared to her left, thinking. Her right foot was resting on the wall, and her hands were behind her back. Without her noticing, I snapped the shot and waited for her to pose.

"How's this?"

I looked up to see her leaning to the side and blowing a kiss to the camera.

"Can you see the words on my shirt?" she asked.

"To Write Love on Her Arms. Crystal clear."

"Okay, take the picture."

She went back to her pose and I took the picture. When the flash went off, she ran to me and pushed me where she was when she was posing.

"What should I do?" I asked.

Man, the sun was bright. I looked to Hayley's left and put my hands in my pockets. I squinted a tiny bit and tried to think of a good pose. I then saw the flash go off.

"Hey!" I protested.

"I want that one."

She turned around to walk back inside.

"Are you sure? I wasn't even-"

"I like it."

She put a finger to her lips and I stopped talking. While she went to print the pictures off, I sat down and wrote my name on my paper. She returned not too long after I sat down and handed me two pieces of my paper.

"What's wrong with my off-guard shot?" I asked.

"Uh, I liked it. Duh."

"Psh."

"You get what you give," Hayley quoted.

"Huh?"

"I saw the flash go off before I was ready."

"No!" I gasped in mock horror.

"Yeah! Now write my name on my paper, ho."

I laughed and wrote down her name. I tried to make it look nice, and I was excited when she seemed impressed.

"Hayley and Rob!" the teacher called out.

I stood up to retrieve our pictures and glanced out the window of the door. I happened to see Seven trying to get my attention, and I waved. He blew me a kiss and bit the air, trying to look sexy. I blushed and held up my finger. After I left the photos with Hayley and told the teacher I was going to the bathroom, I ran out the door to Seven.

"Hey gorgeous!" he greeted me.

He threw his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"God, you look sexy today!"

"Uh, thanks," I mumbled, blushing.

I felt his hands squeeze my ass.

"Oh, you've got a Jersey ass!" he squealed.

"What?"

"Jersey ass. Take it as a compliment, honey."

"Thank you."

"So Jersey. Wanna hang out with me on Friday night? Party at my house. Don't worry, Hayley will be there. We'll get totally crunk!"

"Cool. I'll come."

"Good."

He kissed my cheek again before walking off.

"Sexy can I..." I heard him sing under his breath.

I laughed and walked back inside. Hayley looked up and smiled at me while I went back to my seat.

"Did I hear Seven out there?" she asked.

"Maybe," I replied with a smile.

"Did he invite you over on Friday?"

"Yeah."

"Cool. I can pick you up for the party."

For the rest of the period, I concentrated on my portrait of Hayley. It was hard to make her as beautiful as she really was, but I ended up making the outline of her body almost identical to the picture. Once the bell rang, I turned in my work and walked out of the room. Hayley followed me, then walked away without saying anything when it was time for her to turn.

My mouth was then covered and I felt an arm snake around my waist.

"Come with me."